Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

First Kill and some nice automotive harrassment.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nivenmk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up First Kill and some nice automotive harrassment.

Got my first kill the other night, it was a late-90's Thunderbird with a V-8 in the front of it (according to the badging on the back of it). Pulled about 10 feet on him in each of the first three gears and shut down at about 60 (speed limit = 45). We both got stopped at a light and I did it to him again. Both times were with a pathetic clutch drop on my part resulting in massive bog and a gereral failure to get off the line with any type of speed, so we were nose 'n nose with each other at the end of the intersection.

Also was going down to Portsmouth with a Coast Guard buddy of mine to help him move his stuff into his room. We raced from a stoplight just for shiz and giggles. By the time we got up to 80, his back bumper was about 3 feet in front of my front bumper. Other than that we were dead even. He drives a 1997 Lincolin MK8 with the 4.6L 290 hp/ 315 lb/ft V8 in the front of it. He's now offended that my, "Little crappy honda civic" (his words, not mine) can keep up with, what he belives to be, a fast and capable sports car.

I'd say even being able to harass someone with a car that (when new) cost over twice as much as yours and has over twice your horsepower isn't bad at all.

My bud's Lincolin ran ~15.5 in the quarter when it was new, so I'd say I'm not all that far behind him from the get-go. Right now it's got 180k on the odometer...

NOTE: we were moving stuff to his new residence, and both cars were loaded, mine with a trunk full of clothes and his with a computer 'n monitor, I'd say our loads were about equal all things considered.
Old 04-02-2004

sw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the rough
congratulations, i guess...
Old 04-02-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice runs.
Old 04-02-2004
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
That Lincoln (or any Lincoln) are big large boats! I thought that car was meant for be a cruising car, not a race car?!
Old 04-03-2004
Registered!!

nivenmk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
It is more of a cruiser, and definately not a handler. However this particular friend has been annoying me for years with the silly belief that he has the fastest car on the face of planet earth.

There's a herd of marks over at www.markvii.org that are in the sub-15's with exhaust and intake. They're headed up by a Lincolin performance developers car which runs in the 11's. They are boats, but somewhat quick boats.

I call it a good day when I can outrun something with fully twice my horsepower but less than twice my weight. If you wanna get real technichal, in theory, you should not be able to beat a car with a better power/weight ratio than you.

T-bird = 3500 lbs @ 220 hp = 15.9 lb/hp
Buddy's Mark = 3700 lbs @ 290 hp = 12.7 lb/hp
Stock Mark = 4100 lbs @ 290 hp = 14.1 lb/hp
My vic = 2600 lbs @ 127 hp = 20.4 lb/hp

I'm outmatched, yet I can walk the T-bird and harass the buddy's mark. Makes me smile... Dosen't appear that many people here enjoy the concept of just being able to compete somewhere you don't belong.

It's not about winning or losing so much as enjoying yourself. If folks don't appreciate others enjoyment aside from the necessity of winning, I'll just tell my stories elsewhere.