Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Answer this question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003
All show!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EviLMyStS is an unknown quantity at this point
Answer this question...

Searched didn't get anything...

Well when I just bought the car I could chirp 2nd gear fairly easy... But now I can barely do it... And if I did I wouldn't know what I just did... Today I took it out to an empty parking lot and attempted to bark my tires in 2nd gear and out of 8 tries or so I could only do it once... Is it because of my tires ??? I had the same set of gay tires since I bought my civic back in the beginning of March... And ever since I did chirp my tires like crazy and there's not that much thread left... Could this be the solution getting new tires ???

I know it sounds gay and stupid but hey we all get bored ya know ???

I'm just wondering cuz I'm planning to get a K&N FIPK II and there's some people said that they can bark their tires in 3rd gear and with my situation I can barely see that happening...

Thx in advance for answering my dumbass question >8)

Also I tried to shift to 2nd in 5k rpm and near redline... I find it easier to bark the tires around 5-6krpm because when it's near redline it just yolks forward.
Old 10-15-2003
Registered!!

Connie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the rough
well......I can still chirp mine in 2nd and 3rd with my AEM SRI. I think that bald tires make chirping easier cause you don't have as much traction to break. But I don't know what else to tell you, just drop the clutch at the redline of first
Old 10-15-2003
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
Chirping your tires doesnt mean you have more power and it doesnt mean you are going faster.

On all of my fastest runs I never chirped any gears. everyonce in awhile I'd chirp 2nd or 3rd and got slower times. It's usually cause you do something wrong NOT right. IMO try going to the track and see what kinda times you get and see if it varies when you chirp and when you don't!! Good luck! hope that helps.
Old 10-15-2003
All show!!!

I know that chirpping is bad for speed and times and is wrong but I just wanna do it for fun...
Old 10-15-2003
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Connie
well......I can still chirp mine in 2nd and 3rd with my AEM SRI. I think that bald tires make chirping easier cause you don't have as much traction to break. But I don't know what else to tell you, just drop the clutch at the redline of first
for those of u who chirp 3rd on practically stock motors, how, ur tires must be slicks
Old 10-15-2003
JDM wannabe

nme3 is an unknown quantity at this point
haha when i was first learning to drive manual i chirped my tires all the time, first, second, etc. i think what you must do is lets say your in first and your about to shift to second you push the clutch in, press the accelrator to rev the engine, shift into second and release the clutch. eh well thats what i think
Old 10-15-2003
All show!!!

Originally posted by nme3
haha when i was first learning to drive manual i chirped my tires all the time, first, second, etc. i think what you must do is lets say your in first and your about to shift to second you push the clutch in, press the accelrator to rev the engine, shift into second and release the clutch. eh well thats what i think
I think you're right cuz this is my first manual and when I just got it and I drove it home and I always chirp in 2nd gear... I guess it is because I was doing something very wrong and my feet was slow on letting off the gas when shifting...!!!!
Old 10-15-2003
Registered!!

Connie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by C2i0v0i1c
for those of u who chirp 3rd on practically stock motors, how, ur tires must be slicks
Did it when I was test driving an EX, isn't too hard to do....
Old 10-15-2003
All show!!!

Stock ex ??? how ???
Old 10-15-2003
Registered!!

I don't know for sure, it was my first time driving the car and I was used to my mustang(harder shifting) and I think I probably jerked it a little or something, let off of the gas before I got the clutch in all the way and it leeched forward a little before I quickly droped it into 3rd and gunned it.....
Old 10-15-2003
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
Ive never been able to chirp into 3rd even with stock tires. Im failing to see how a stock civic can do it, but i dunno.
Old 10-15-2003
Su Mo

RSXtypeIvtec is on a distinguished road
i think your right foot is slow on hitting the gas when you shift into second....since you just yolk forward....you gotta stomp on it as soon as you shift into 2nd after you drop the clutch
Old 10-15-2003
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
why would you wanna do it knowing it doesnt help you?

one way o do it would be to give it a lot of gas as you slip the clutch that should break the tires loose. good luck!
Old 10-15-2003
Registered!!

GunnerX17 is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like you've already managed to wear out your clutch
Old 10-15-2003
Registered!!

lol, no doubt, I only let it fly on the car I test drove, they let me take it out by myself when I was 17....the hell do you think I am going to do?!? I drive my baby nice though.
Old 10-16-2003
All show!!!

Chirp Chirp Chirp
Old 10-16-2003
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I chirp my tires in second on the stock firestones and can bearly do it on my 17" neogens. I dont know how someone is chirping 3rd though. I believe the civic does not have enough power to chirp third.
Old 10-16-2003
Wicked Pissah Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
It's because your clutch disk is worn down.....
Old 10-16-2003
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
Originally posted by GunnerX17
sounds like you've already managed to wear out your clutch
Agreed......
Old 10-17-2003
All show!!!

No way can I wear my clutch...

I just got it this year in the end of Feb/early March... almost 12k miles on it and what are the signs of a worn down clutch...

I drive 3-4k rpm daily and barely go crazy on it... Dunno how much clutch can be worn down... How would I check this ?

Last edited by EviLMyStS; 10-17-2003 at 02:27 AM.
Old 10-17-2003
Zoom zoom

jiggerachi will become famous soon enough
I know exactly what you mean, I was the same way. For me I realized that I just got better at shifting so it was harder for me to force myself to shift like that. Since I realized that though...chirp, chirp, chirp!!! I know it accomplishes nothing, but comes in really handy when some dumbass pulls out in front of you going 20 & you need to show him how you feel about that

Oh yea, how the hell are yall getting scratches in 3rd?? I have a K&N FIPKII & it dosent help that much, maybee on a crappy road, or on a turn...now come to think of it I have gotten one in a turn, but that dosent count.
Old 10-18-2003
All show!!!

Originally posted by jiggerachi
I know exactly what you mean, I was the same way. For me I realized that I just got better at shifting so it was harder for me to force myself to shift like that. Since I realized that though...chirp, chirp, chirp!!! I know it accomplishes nothing, but comes in really handy when some dumbass pulls out in front of you going 20 & you need to show him how you feel about that

Oh yea, how the hell are yall getting scratches in 3rd?? I have a K&N FIPKII & it dosent help that much, maybee on a crappy road, or on a turn...now come to think of it I have gotten one in a turn, but that dosent count.
You're right!!!

Today I just went out and did it... Chirp in 2nd gear on every attempt... I knew what I was doing wrong... I mean right I guess... I just got used to shifting better... Kekeke

I'll show those ricers whose boss when I see em ^^