Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Project K20a2 Civic Type S in progess (update #3 k20 is in)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by nightkids1
yeah, post some more pics when its all done. man i want that under my hood. btw you probly already told everyone but how much did you get the wreaked rsx for???
yes i have said, but i will again, i got the whole car for $5500
Old 05-28-2003
Initial D!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nightkids1 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn thats a good price!!!!
Old 05-31-2003
Registered!!

NoBottleJustThrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
identity crisis for sure, man you should of just bought a RSX...oh wait, i guess you did
Anyways, you said you figured out the wire harness...could you send me an e-mail, or post a diagram on how you managed to do it, thats about all that is holding me back on doing my swap, i was waiting for the HASport harness to come out, and they are lagging big time, "probably in June"...that "probably" doesnt sound too good.
Any help i would much appreciate.
Thanks, by the way...car looks good!
Old 05-31-2003
Registered!!

oh...my e-mail: Ottomatic333@aol.com
thanks
Old 05-31-2003
LJ
Fernando The Donkey Lover

LJ is an unknown quantity at this point
hey hawk, you need to let me know about the ex head off of your hydrolocked engine, i pm'd you about it a few times
Old 05-31-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by LJ
hey hawk, you need to let me know about the ex head off of your hydrolocked engine, i pm'd you about it a few times
I know i've pm'd you back, your one of the 2 people that wants, it, its basically down to who gives me the better offer.
Old 05-31-2003
Registered!!

StLVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Whoever doesnt get it Ill have mine later this week. Im getting my swap done. Let me know who doesnt get it. Ill have lots of pats for sale for the ex
Old 06-02-2003
Registered!!

Hey Hawk you done yet. Also Im trying to get a hold of that guy that got you your type S. Im trying to get it by tom. Either way Im getting it tom. Im gonna order it from my shop. The only thing i dont like is the miles all he know is that it is under 20,000 That really dont tell much
Old 06-02-2003
Registered!!

Oh yeah also forgot to ask will you be able to pm me with the wring please.
Thanks
Old 06-02-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

the wiring i'd talk to HP thats who helped me, he'll be able to explain it to you a lot easier.

The car isn't done yet. I'll post here when it is.
Old 06-02-2003
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
my god, 5500 for the whole car, i wish a damn 96+ jdm sw20 was that cheap

how long did it take you to do all that wiring, seems so simple...

can i join the club too, i will have a 2 liter

good job on the swap never the less
Old 06-02-2003
Registered!!

astropunk is an unknown quantity at this point
this is a newb question..

how much heavier is the new engine???
Old 06-02-2003
Registered!!

lowzone is an unknown quantity at this point
if you guys get time to get a RSX-S, try www.Rebuildablesdirect.com you can search insurance auctions online that have wrecked RSX-S (or any car/truck) for under 2k (well maybe not Lambos or Porsches), The really cool thing is you can search thru out the country or just near you.
My friend goes to these auctions in MD PA and NJ and picks up NEW 4runners and Cadalliacs (examples) for a grand or two and rebuilds them for resale. He just finished a 1998 Toyota 4Runner he got for 500.00 and put another 2500 into it and sold it for 11k (clear title as well), so becareful on that GREAT deal. This is also where junk yards get most of their NEW car inventory. Usually insurance companies will have a local yard that buys the cars from them or if the insurance co consider it a Total loss just give them the cars to get rid of them for the write off.
Old 06-02-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

Originally posted by astropunk
this is a newb question..

how much heavier is the new engine???
its probably about 100 lbs more, the car does sit lower in the front, but i don't think it will make THAT much of a difference.
Old 06-03-2003
Registered!!

does it really sit lower in the front...cause i have TEIN coilovers, and its lower in the back than it is in the front, and yes its slammed all the way around, so maybe this new motor of mine will balance it out...cool. Hope it doesnt effect cornering that much.
Your buddy hasnt returned my e-mail...could you ask him if he got it for me? that would be cool if you could do that for me.
Also, i know you arent done with it yet, but if i had all the parts laying out, a full shop with every tool needed, and about 4 knowledgeable guys, how long do you think the swap would take? My buddy can pull his H22 out of his prelude in less than 4 hours, so he knows pulling mine wont take that long, but putting the new one in, he has no clue.
Also, one last question. How much is it gonna be to have Acura reprogram the ECU? Do you have any clue about that? That is the only variable left up in the air for me, i just havent taken the time to call them up and ask...so just wondering if you know.
Thanks, keep us all updated.
Old 06-03-2003
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Btw I see that you took off your radiator cover right? Guessing there's not enough room for it with the swap?
Old 06-03-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

NoBottleJustThrottle: It's seems lower in the front to me, maybe its because i havent seen the car together in a while. As for the wiring PM him, his name on the board is HP, and take in mind that he's in Finland, so it might be some weird hour that he responds.

I think we figured out that we have about 25 hours invested into the car of actual work time, we just don't have any time to work on it during the weekdays so we only get to work on it during the weekend. We are very near to completion so we'll probably have 30 hours logged into it by the time its done.

As for Honda (can't go to Acura, they don't have the code for your key) i don't know the cost yet, but i might be finding out by monday if all goes well

XxJDMCivicxX: I actually took off the radiator cover when i got my Altezza grill, i never got the sedan one to replace it. I'll do that once the car is done probably.
Old 06-03-2003
Registered!!

i went to my Honda dealership, and they said that they dont have the equipment to reprogram an Acura ECU though...makes sense with the key and all, but i thought that you had to goto Acura, atleast thats what ive been reading in the mags and stuff.
thanks about the e-mail update, i'll just probably drop him a PM in a couple of days.
30 hours isnt bad at all...thats just like a weekend. I thought it was gonna be like a week.
Thanks man...talk to you soon,
Geoff~
Old 06-03-2003
HP
Registered!!

HP is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, I replied now... to be honest I read the email but kinda forgot

Anyway good look to... everyone that's doing the swap!
Old 06-03-2003
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
i know you did the 5 lug conversion and everything but when people see you with RSX wheels theyre going to know you have a k20 in there dude. you want to keep it a suprise for all the ricers who want to race you dont you?
Old 06-03-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

Originally posted by R3DL1N3
i know you did the 5 lug conversion and everything but when people see you with RSX wheels theyre going to know you have a k20 in there dude. you want to keep it a suprise for all the ricers who want to race you dont you?
well i don't plan on leaving the RSX rims as my only rims. I'm gonna get a set of 18's for show/daily driving, then use the RSX rims for racing and winter.

and i also plan on getting Honda center caps for the RSX rims
Old 06-03-2003
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a little info for the people who've been asking alot of questions about the swap. I hope this helps you from having to answer to many questions there, Hawk. I'll prolly call on you when I get ready to do this myself
hasport

Oh and good luck with the swap bro, hope all comes out well.
Old 06-03-2003
Registered!!

in respect to that 5 lug question...
Thats what i thought too, im keepin the 4 lug, and the rear drum. total sleeper action. After the swap sometime im gonna do the rear disc conversion with the Si brakes...but thats down the road.
Thanks HP, i'll go check my mail
Old 06-03-2003
ish...

Jaykuai can only hope to improve
You are keepin 4 lug because you just have the motor (i supouse) but Hawk got a "complete" RSX, so the 5 lug conversion is something you just have there.. Too sweet for me to let it go..
Old 06-04-2003
Initial D!!!!

nightkids1 is an unknown quantity at this point
so were do you plan on putting the battery
Old 06-04-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

Originally posted by Jaykuai
You are keepin 4 lug because you just have the motor (i supouse) but Hawk got a "complete" RSX, so the 5 lug conversion is something you just have there.. Too sweet for me to let it go..
finally someone who see's the light! it was 100% nessesary to do a 5 lug conversion, i mean i had the brakes, and they are huge, why wouldn't I?

nightkids1: battery is either goin in the trunk, or on the kframe.
Old 06-04-2003
Registered!!

TOOLOWCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
Good job bro.
Old 06-04-2003
Registered!!

i have the brakes sitting in my bedroom...please dont assume things that you have no idea about.
Old 06-04-2003
You boost, I-VTEC

Originally posted by NoBottleJustThrottle
i have the brakes sitting in my bedroom...please dont assume things that you have no idea about.
was that towards me? was i asuming anything? i was just saying i had the brakes and wheels, so why wouldn't i do it.
Old 06-04-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Jaykuai
it was to him...
Hawk i have nothing against you at all, you have only been a huge help with getting my swap all sorted out. So that comment was not pointed towards you in any way shape or form.
I just dont like it when people assume things...
For the people that are gonna tell me...well if you have the brakes why not do that too? Because i want to go sleeper, its more believable to tell someone that you just have an AEM rear disc conversion with your stock 4 lug, or not even have rear disc and not have to say anything, then to tell someone that "yea, i got teh aem rear disc conversion after i did a 5 lug conversion"
Nothing against you at all Hawk, i love the way your car is looking, and if i wasnt tryin to be sneeky about it, i would do the 5 lug too, but i just want to see that look of pure shock when i blast by the GSR thats beside me at a light.

Quick Reply: Project K20a2 Civic Type S in progess (update #3 k20 is in)