Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

where the heck is everyone gettin turbo from?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002
2k1civic.com O. G.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
where the heck is everyone gettin turbo from?

nice job to 7thgenturbo for being member of the week and have a turbo!. i never even heard of this guy or ever seen him post. so wusup im sure everyone is dying to know the stats on your turbo set up.
Old 12-09-2002
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
I would like to know more info too.
please list parts
and who you got them from?
headers...intake manifold.
all others would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Im hoping when I get up Christmas morning Santa will leave me a turbo ................ [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-09-2002
Supreme Member!

wcsjunior is an unknown quantity at this point
its not that hard to get a turbo set up... but for those who spent $2000 and over on it, i think u got robbed! i mean, go out, buy a turbo kit from thepartstrader.com or something for like $1200 and then just buy the manifold for our engines seperatley... u would be saving so much money...
Old 12-09-2002
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
my friend has tried to piece together a turbo setup for two seperate cars and he toldme that you're going to be spending more than you think... it's actually gonna cost more than like a drag 3 turbo kit.... he did really tell me if he had hookups at the time but yea....
Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
Hes a new member and looks like he joined just a few days before he got member of the week, the turbos in themselves arent what costs its getting them to fit the car then the returnless ful systems are a b!tch to get to work with them you looking at about 5Gs and more for drive off
Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
Mike drive down to dillsburg...Dynamic does em...
Old 12-09-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
ya its not that cheap for our cars...
turbo performance in van nuys, ca has fabricated a turbo for our cars.. they worked on atleast 4 cars... alberts aka fiber images car, moocows, this blue ex, another one here in socal forgot his sn, and someone in canada order the turbo from there.. runs only like 3-4k with new fuel system and intercooler
Old 12-09-2002
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I think Rev Hard doesn't have a kit, but can get you most of the pieces to get it on there. U can get a turbo, intercooler, BOV, etc from any place, and would have to custom make the air intake and header/exhaust manifold. Internal would also have to be custom unless you can some from another car that will fit and be able to handle more boost. The engine will probably only handle around 180-210hp stock with low boost and a 35/50 shot of n20.
Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

BlueFlame is an unknown quantity at this point
They have a list of performance upgrades in the latest release of Honda Tuning, and one of them was a turbo.

*runs to grab magazine out of the bathroom*

It says:
[hr]"Greddy turbo kits exclusively use Mitsubishi Turbochargers modified to Greddy's own specs. Kits include a cast exhaust manifold, fuel control unit, intake, piping, hoses, oil lines and miscellaneous hardware."[hr]
That's news to me, but maybe someone else has heard about this. I'll go check out the website. Brb ...
Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

Holy sh¡t it's profiled on their webpage

Linkage

Although they only have a picture of our car, and no real information to speak of. They might not have gotten it posted yet. That's sweet though, can't wait to find out what the deal is there.
Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe HT was talking about D series in general......not D17.....(about the turbo)......
And I checked the link to greddy's turbo's...Direct to the turbo's
and It says nothing about D17......just SI's....and older civics....
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: trevor
I believe HT was talking about D series in general......not D17.....(about the turbo)..... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][hr]
Umm, I thought the D-series were exclusive to the new civic's, weren't they? Which would make a D-series turbo designed solely for our cars. And yeah, like I said there's no info on our cars, just older Si's and stuff. BUT they have a picture of a 7thgen on the webpage right next to the link to Turbo's.

I'll give them a call and find out ...

Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

mrdan4548 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey if i were you guys the turbo manifold from turbo performance in van nuys,ca looks really crappy. riceburnerex bought it and then decided on getting one from rev hard, because i personnally went to go look at it and it at jotech and it was totally worthless it was on their clearance table. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] for 450 the pipes were welded together by a crappy welder and the piping on the inside was totally sorry with some restriction to air flow. This thing was heavy as crap too. Just to let you people know a custom manifold from rev hard is like 7-900 i believe because they really havent really put it into production yet. So if anyone here is going to get a manifold dont get it from turbo performance. Trust me. just my .02 [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
blueflame....the D17 is the new 7thgencivic's.......there are other D series engines in the older civics......like D16Y and some others.....All those parts in the parts section for D series, most of them wern't for the 7thgencivic.
And about the 7thgen on the site... might be for the exaust or something...I don't know[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG].....
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

BlackSI is an unknown quantity at this point
its the internet, everyone has turbos and wins every race and is "cool"[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-10-2002
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
its good to see like every other week someone new has a turbo. after about 2 years performance is actualyl starting to catch on for the 7thgen. [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]