Mods I'm going to do in the next month - Page 2 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2010   #31
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of
Re: Mods I'm going to do in the next month

Lol, fair enough. I skimmed a little too fast. He does mention "to help monitor intake's performance"

Unless he was planning on getting a wideband, it woulda been nothing but a sweeping light show. I have a wideband in mine, but I was turbo'd. I still have it because it helps monitor my engine's health.. kinda.. If my A/F ratio start to go a bit richer than normal, then it's a sign that I need to keep an eye out for other symptoms.
xRiCeBoYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010   #32
I'm such a Ricer!

mac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of light

rice, why arn't you turbo'd anymore?
mac25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #33
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

Had a shitty tune. Started causing problems.

Until I'm financially able to commit to boost and feel like I'm confident in my knowledge of everything that goes into turbo, I'm not gonna do it. My Garrett T3 Super 60 has been sitting on a shelf, mocking me.
xRiCeBoYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #34
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Cheap turbo set-ups are more expensive than expensive ones, because you inevitably will need a new engine if you cheap out.

Last edited by MindBomber; 12-31-2010 at 04:48 AM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #35
I'm such a Ricer!

mac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of light

what would i need to keep saved if i turbo'd incase something failed, $1000? how much does a d17a2 run these days?
mac25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #36
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Thread jack
TRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #37
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac25 View Post
what would i need to keep saved if i turbo'd incase something failed, $1000? how much does a d17a2 run these days?
You see them on Vancouver Craigslist all the time for around $500..

Do yourself a favour and keep it N/A until you can afford $3-4k for a proper turbo set-up.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote