Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Mods I'm going to do in the next month

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Mods I'm going to do in the next month

Hey, here's a list of what I plan to do. I've been researching stuff here for like a month and I think I'm finally ready to start modding. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Right now my car is stock. I have a silver EX auto sedan.

I plan to keep my car looking pretty much stock, except for a grill [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Intake: Hayame SRI. I was really considering an Injen CAI, but I live by Chicago and the recent flooding has scared me out of getting a CAI. That, and my dad said he had to drive through some 12" deep puddles on his way home from work today. Plus, the Hayame doesn't seem that bad at $115 and +4.2hp according to Import Tuner.

Strut: Neuspeed black front upper strut bar. The black on, cuz it's $20 cheaper than the polished one. I don't really care what it looks like. Black is cool, anyway.

Lower grill: Either a DIY one, or one from a1grills on eBay. I will get a black grill since my car is silver.

I was also thinking about getting an autometer phantom air/fuel gauge. It would only be about $80 including the gauge pod, but I'm not sure if I should do this or not. I figure it will help monitor the intake's performance.

Stickers: 7thgencivic.com ones, of course. And a big 3ft long GReddy sticker for each side of my car. j/k [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]

I'm not going to get a new exhaust, because a) too expensive, b) not enough performance increase per dollar, and c) I heard cops are more likely to pull you over if you have one.

Also, no rims or lowering because it's too expensive and while it does improve the appearance of your car, there's no real performance increase aside from better cornering.

Speakers: I was thinking about getting some subs or something, but I don't know much about it. They seem to slow you down tho, as they are pretty heavy. And I don't have very much money, and performance is more important to me.

Future mods (ie. not in the next few months) that would be cool.

The HP header everyone is talking about. Go +14hp!!
Carbon fiber hood. Yeah, they look cool, but they're expensive!!! All that money for - 15-20 pounds? Probably not worth the investment.
Nitrous Oxide. Just because I think it would be fun to pass people on the highway with a boost of N2O. Costs about as much as that carbon fiber hood.

Alright, as soon as I get settled in my apartment at school this weekend I plan on ordering some of this stuff. So, does it sound good?

IronFist
Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you actually have any Greddy parts?? cuz putting stickers on ur ride and not having parts of it is sorta wack but too each his own. Btw good choice of upcoming mods.
Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

nbpEMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
He was joking about the stickers, but if your 100% set on getting a short ram go with the Injen one isntead of the CRPPY Hayame. Serach for one here or on E-bay and you could find yourself a good deal. Good choice on the strut bar, thats what I have (getting it tomorow). If you want to get an nice quiet (non cop attracting) system, the Greddy isn't too loud (heard it in person), nor is the Thermal, and the APEXi World Sport system should be good. The HP header with the high flow cat has some install issues, but I hear that they have a 3 piece cat (header, downpipe, cat) that fits better. Look into clearing ur headlights (if u havent already) and replacing all of the bulbs up front with white ones. Much better looking.
Old 08-22-2002
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, did you see the "j/k" after the greddy thing? I'm not actually doing to do that. I was just kidding when I said it [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

IronFist
Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

StraightEdgeCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: SeV
i think you should go more with looks rather than performance cause you aren't really gonna get that big of a difference with performance since civics are slowwww [hr]
agreed...especially with the auto
Old 08-22-2002
Premium Member

Hayame's SRI is crappy? I just picked that one because I can get it for cheap, and because Import Tuner said it worked well. I heard some SRI's actually cause you to lose power. Screw that crap!!! So Injen's is pretty good I guess?

Hey, if I got Injen's CAI, can you take off the bottom part and change it to a SRI for Winter or rain or whatever?

But yeah, why is Injen's SRI better than Hayame's? Or are you just going by the brand reputation? Or was Import Tuner's article biased/bribed?

Thanks,

IronFist
Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

Here is the APEXi exhaust system I mentioned. You might be able to find it for cheaper. TornActive sells the World Sport system for $388 for other cars, so talk to them.
Greddy Evo SystemAgian, don't know if its the best price, but it just happens to be the store I was looking at.
EDIT: In my mind Hayame is a cheap no name brand that makes crap quality products. Injen is much better. And yes with the Injen CAI you can switch between short ram and cold air.

Found the Thermal Exhaust system
And here's the Injen CAI
Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

ricerocket is an unknown quantity at this point
how are the hayame products? i know they are makin a name in the turbo imports with there cat backs..it suppose to have a really nice sound to it...but i never herd it b4..
Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
good choice on the mods but what i dont understand is why your doing this if your not willing to go full force into it...when it comes to this "game" you get what you pay for. Thats something i learned on my last car...but good start..
Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

Oh and I just realzied you have a Auto 4door. Some of thoes links are for coupes, so the product number might be different...just browse those stores.
Old 08-22-2002
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
where are u going to get ur hayne intake ? . im deciding either INJEN SRI or hayne dont know yet u know.. i cant decide.
and about exhaust. i just got my exhaust done. seiously its not that loud. just get rear section if you dont want it loud.
im also getting a1 grill soon . and uppergrill eyelids ... i will post pics when im done installing next week or so. you coming for 2k1civic meeting on oct 5th?
i will be there. and clearing headlights .. makes HUGE different look trust me on that ^_^
i used to have INJEN CAI. it was awesome but weather in wisconsin just sucks! so i sold it so i need SRI now heh

AIM ME - peacemaker1ps
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-22-2002
Premium Member

[hr]Originally posted by: StraightEdgeCivic
[hr]Originally posted by: SeV
i think you should go more with looks rather than performance cause you aren't really gonna get that big of a difference with performance since civics are slowwww [hr]
agreed...especially with the auto[hr]
Looks with no performance = rice, no? I'd rather keep my car stock than just make it look fast and not back it up. Although a loud system would be fun to have...

And, don't be raggin' on my auto! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

IronFist
Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

StraightEdgeCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
im not dissin on ur auto...i have an auto sedan as well...but its just the truth...without some serious cash..your not gonna get much performance. still doesnt hurt to try, i got an injen CAI and im quite satisfied at the sound and performance.

damn sev..beat me by 7 seconds[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
make that a minute 7

Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

wh3nw0rdsesc4pe is an unknown quantity at this point
good for you, how bout tell us when it's all on there....
Old 08-22-2002
Premium Member

Guys, I'm not trying to have a 10 second car. I just want to be able to beat other cars in my class.

IronFist
Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

Dude just ignore all of them and do whatever the hell YOU want to do.
Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: Phillippe01
Dude just ignore all of them and do whatever the hell YOU want to do.[hr]
i agree its your car your payments and you do want you wnat to but you did ask opinions so be prepared i say your off to a good start but not the intake get INJEN not Hyame but again its your $$$
Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

JKEEZO is an unknown quantity at this point
cant say enough about my injen sri, but if you want cai why dont you think about the bypass valve???

im getting my hp header w/ high flow cat next week (the first one released) and they will fit fine on ex's that are automatic (or so ive heard)

sounds like a good start
Old 08-23-2002
Premium Member

Cool. Please let us know how your new header works.

As for the Injen SRI, I think the reason I decided against was because I thought I talked to some people who had it who said they didn't really get any gains from it. Maybe I'm thinking about something else I'll have to go check my emails again...

IronFist
Old 08-23-2002
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: IronFist
...Plus, the Hayame doesn't seem that bad at $115 and +4.2hp according to Import Tuner.

The HP header everyone is talking about. Go +14hp!! ...

IronFist[hr]
wut?!?! 4.2 hp from intake and 14 from headeer? wen was did this happen? cuz i really dont beleive that import tuner stuff.. even though i subscribed..

Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

swkfilms is an unknown quantity at this point
if your worried about weight from your sub just get on. If you arent even sure if you need a sub then would probably be alright with one. Although be careful, i thought id be happy with 1 and not too much power going to it but all i want to do is make it louder. Im def. going to get another one and a WAY bigger amp. just my .02.
marty
Old 08-23-2002
Premium Member

[hr]Originally posted by: AzNmiKex215
...Plus, the Hayame doesn't seem that bad at $115 and +4.2hp according to Import Tuner.

IronFist[hr]
wut?!?! 4.2 hp from intake and 14 from headeer? wen was did this happen? cuz i really dont beleive that import tuner stuff.. even though i subscribed..[hr]
Import tuner said 4.2hp from the Hayame intake. Give me a few minutes and I'll find the link.

Edit: Found it!

The 14 from the header was said by someone here, not Import Tuner. I think it's a new one or something. It's by hp, which I've never heard of. What does it stand for?

IronFist
Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: AzNmiKex215

IronFist[hr]
wut?!?! 4.2 hp from intake and 14 from headeer? wen was did this happen? cuz i really dont beleive that import tuner stuff.. even though i subscribed..[hr]
Import tuner said 4.2hp from the Hayame intake. Give me a few minutes and I'll find the link.

Edit: Found it![hr]
i wouldnt really trust any of those... you probably talked to people with the sri that had no other bolt ons, you pretty much only notice a difference when you have more than one (for example, my intake didnt seem to add much hp at all, but when i put on magnaflow exhaust i noticed a lot of gain... i then put my stock intake in and noticed a loss) which is why im glad ill have all 3 next week
Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

and ill be sure to let you guys know how the install goes and how good of a gain i get *crosses fingers*
Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

XxJDMCivicxX is an unknown quantity at this point
My bad didnt see the J/K and illustrations it was a long text sorry
Old 12-30-2010
Registered!!

Nice not Rice is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Mods I'm going to do in the next month

why are you going to get a air/fuel gauge?
Old 12-30-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nice not Rice
why are you going to get a air/fuel gauge?
Please check the date on threads before you post in them, this thread has been dead for 9 years.
Old 12-30-2010
Registered!!

I was hoping someone was gonna look at it and give me a answer
Old 12-30-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I skimmed through the thread and I didn't an a/f gauge mentioned until you posted about it
Old 12-30-2010
Registered!!

look at the first post

Quick Reply: Mods I'm going to do in the next month