Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

please help me by answering any questions (93 dx hatch)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tyuhl94 is an unknown quantity at this point
please help me by answering any questions (93 dx hatch)

okay... where to start.. i got this car on a trade i ran the ***** off it threw a rod and now time to swap! lol it had a d15b7 obd1 , now i already have a d16z6 to put in i just have no experience and no help so im lost.. idk if my swap is obd1 or obd2 so thats scaring me already.. ( i got it off a guy and e failed to mention if it was obd1 or obd2 ) well i got a trans clutch and pretty muc everyting i need in order to drop it in aside form the ecu i want to stay obd1 to save a eadach but idek what to do because like i said i have no experience i just do alot of research online because i dont like to ask stupid questions , also will fuelrail/injectors dizzy starter and all that good stuff from my old engine work? and if any1 as a shift linkage i could buy for cheap id prll get it bc i broke mine pulling my engine and being a newb lol thanks in advance for any help
Old 06-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough
Re: please help me by answering any questions (93 dx hatch)

Originally Posted by tyuhl94
okay... where to start.. i got this car on a trade i ran the ***** off it threw a rod and now time to swap! lol it had a d15b7 obd1 , now i already have a d16z6 to put in i just have no experience and no help so im lost.. idk if my swap is obd1 or obd2 so thats scaring me already.. ( i got it off a guy and e failed to mention if it was obd1 or obd2 ) well i got a trans clutch and pretty muc everyting i need in order to drop it in aside form the ecu i want to stay obd1 to save a eadach but idek what to do because like i said i have no experience i just do alot of research online because i dont like to ask stupid questions , also will fuelrail/injectors dizzy starter and all that good stuff from my old engine work? and if any1 as a shift linkage i could buy for cheap id prll get it bc i broke mine pulling my engine and being a newb lol thanks in advance for any help
d16z6 is an obd1 engine.
before you put that engine in id put a new timing belt, clutch and head gasket in. thats up to you though but doing it out of the car saves over half the time the job would normally take. plus that way you wont have to do any of those for a WHILE.
the only other swaps ive seen from a d15 to d16z6 they used all d16 parts.
honestly i dont know much about d15's but im sure their similar to d16s
but starter and fuel rail most likely will still work. dizzy might be different (u shouldnt have a problem finding one if u do need it tho)
Old 06-16-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
d16z6 is an obd1 engine.
before you put that engine in id put a new timing belt, clutch and head gasket in. thats up to you though but doing it out of the car saves over half the time the job would normally take. plus that way you wont have to do any of those for a WHILE.
the only other swaps ive seen from a d15 to d16z6 they used all d16 parts.
honestly i dont know much about d15's but im sure their similar to d16s
but starter and fuel rail most likely will still work. dizzy might be different (u shouldnt have a problem finding one if u do need it tho)
cool i appreciate the info now i know i can doit witout the scare of the ecu and im one step ahead of you with the clutch and all but i really appreciate the info it was a big help thanks cant wait to go **** ppl off with my driving xD
Old 06-16-2012
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

cool i appreciate the info now i know i can doit witout the scare of the ecu and im one step ahead of you with the clutch and all but i really appreciate the info it was a big help thanks cant wait to go **** ppl off with my driving xD
lol amen
Old 06-16-2012
Registered!!

lol amen
can i still use my old harness to then?
Old 06-17-2012
Registered!!

can i still use my old harness to then?
i havent read anything about modifying the harness. aside from running 2 wires for vtec.
Old 06-17-2012
Registered!!

i havent read anything about modifying the harness. aside from running 2 wires for vtec.
is there nay way u could get me a link for where u read that at? because no point if i dont have vtec lol
Old 06-17-2012
Registered!!

is there nay way u could get me a link for where u read that at? because no point if i dont have vtec lol
not too hard to run the wires. you have to do this whenever you swap to a vtec engine or do a mini-me with vtec and u didnt have it before

this should help you out.
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3042536
Old 06-18-2012
Registered!!

not too hard to run the wires. you have to do this whenever you swap to a vtec engine or do a mini-me with vtec and u didnt have it before

this should help you out.
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3042536
Thanks a lot man big big help I got the block and tranny all mounted up today when its done ill post up a vid