Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Just got into the car game with the Vic

Old 04-05-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough
Re: Just got into the car game with the Vic

I considered blacking out my interior too, but it's very expensive and complicated. I have the tan/brown combo which is disgusting in my opinion... (The tan is okay, but the brown doesn't amke any sense)
Dying the interior black is a painstaking process and costs a lot, and replaceing everythign with another EM2 interior is no walk in the park either. It takes extreme dedication and professional appolstery work to accomplish that task. I'd even love to switch my dash from brown to black if possibe, but there's a lot of deconstruction involved.
Old 04-05-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tipnitty is on a distinguished road

Black wheels with the color just doesn't agree with me Blacked out tails look like crap, no matter what car they are on. I hate the "murdered out" crap, just my opinion.

Black headlights normally look good because they bring some contrast out. So I like the headlights and fogs.

If you were to do black interior, finding a parts car would be best and not dying anything.
Old 04-05-2012
Registered!!

PearlVic is an unknown quantity at this point

Or just find someone who wants a tan interior and trade... lol
might be going to an event called cars and coffee saturday, if my girl can come with me.. lol, its like an hour away from me, supposed to be lamborghinis, ferraris, and all sorts of mess like that, nice to look at when you live in north carolina... only things i ever see like that are MAYBE around VIR (virginia international raceway) considering I live so close to it.
Old 04-08-2012

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

If you find someone who does, ask them if they want 2 tan interiors!
Y'know... just in case they need an extra...

At some point i think I'd rather drive in a lawn chair on bare steel flooring than look at my puke brown/tan combo anymore
Old 04-08-2012
Registered!!

lol, i just deal with it, it doesnt really bother me, i like tan interior's, yeah i wish it was black to get rid of the poop brown.. but then again black interior would be a whole lot hotter, my dads red 03 SVT focus has black interior.. hot as hell
Old 04-08-2012
lady outlaw

montecarlogrrl is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be happy to take the stock wheels off your hands, lol.

I like the headlights, where did you get them? I'm over refinishing mine every year and might just buy new ones and have em clear coated.
Old 04-08-2012
Registered!!

stock wheels and tires are gone.. lol
and i got the headlights off of ebay, they werent but like $80 shipped
Old 04-08-2012
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

I was looking at a white EM2 when I was looking for a car. But I couldn't find one with black interior. That tan is such a combo breaker for me lol. I love that blue and I also love white, but both came with that dreaded tan interior.
Old 04-09-2012

At least I've got nice dark window tint to hide the interior color from outside so it doesn't clash with the blue so bad...
And for the right price, I'd be willing to give up my EX SE/Acura EL 15-spoke rims to a happy new owner. There's gotta be someone who wnats 'em

Quick question about the lip... it just mounts up to those little holes under the front bumper, right? With little pins to hold it on?
Old 04-09-2012
Registered!!

Lol, nope... had 9 holes in the lip and had to drill into the bumper but it looks good
and the day i got my new wheels and tires i had someone offer me 400 cash for the wheels and tires i had on my car, oh and looks like itll be even longer before i lower my car... the day the guy was going to do it i have to work... so i cant have it done.
Im really about to just say F it and ima go rent a spring compressor from auto zone and do it myself.. but then I have to pay for an alignment
Old 04-09-2012
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PearlVic
Lol really idk jack about stuff like that but it was pretty easy to do since i did it that way, oh and my lip came in today, still planning the lowering on april 13th
diy of this install? i was looking at the same exact one but i didnt know how to install it and i wanted to know what i was getting my self in to
Old 04-09-2012
Registered!!

also ive seen in it on this color and i liked the look of it but a black gas cap cover looks cool and if you have some cash maybe a carbon fiber vinyl wrap of the hood roof trunk and maybe wing i might do it to my car you can get the wrap off ebay for relatively cheap and do you have any work under the hood? pics of the bay!
Old 04-09-2012

You shouldn't need a spring compressor if you're careful. Stand on the spring with one foot or have someone else do this while you slowly remove the cap nut. It also helps to do this in grass or butted up against a brick wall to add resistance and keep the spring from blowing parts all over the place...
Old 04-09-2012
Registered!!

Lol.. you must be a crazy *** dude, and what exhaust did you get for your car? Mine is all custom from a local exhaust shop, thinking about going with something different, but idk, because mine is loud af.... haha
Old 04-09-2012

Nah, I'm pretty sane. This is a good DIY that show how you can do it safely:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...fo-pics-9.html

I have an ebay exhaust, a Spec-D Tuning catback. Its cheap ($120) and easy to install. Sounds nice and deep! It drones a bit going up hills, but otherwise it is actually failry quiet. It's silent when cruising along, and loud when you floor it
Old 04-09-2012
Registered!!

i have a WONDERFUL local exhaust shop, that did what i have now, which i put my header on myself, still have stock downpipe and cat, but 2.5" pipe from cat to the back of the car with a one chamber muffler with a 4 inch tip the reason he is so wonderful.. is because he cut the pipe off the 3 bolt flange and welded the new piece onto the new pipe so i can take off what he did and put that kit on and have 2 different bolt on exhausts, one made for it, and the other custom lol, but my car is HELLA loud... fairly quiet just cruising.. but when i get into it jesus
that white truck i used to have was worse.. lol, it had a stock exhaust manifold, put a cherry bomb where the cat Used to be and had 3 inch pipe going into a one chamber muffler, with dual 3 inch pipes running into two 5" stainless diesel truck tips, one coming out behind each rear tire, thing sounded NASTY for a 4cyl toyota haha, alot of people thought it was a v6 xD
but with a honda... theyre annoying when loud haha
Old 04-12-2012
Registered!!

decided to let yall take a look at the ther car toy thats in my family lol.. and im not even "allowed" to drive it.. haha

Old 04-12-2012
Registered!!

whats done to it?
Old 04-13-2012

Pretty nice Focus! I'm not a fan of that hood scoop... but that exhaust is sweeeeet
Old 04-13-2012
Registered!!

pretty much everything but a turbo, last thing he did was SCT tune to go along with his mods, hes pulling around 215 to 220 hp, alot more than my civic.. lol, and the hoodscoop is off a roush focus i think, the lip came from a mach 1 mustang, and that exhaust... thanks to our amazing local exhaust shop as i mentioned before haha
Old 04-13-2012

I don't know if it's just the effect of forced perspective or 7th Gen Civics are actually much smaller than Focuses. That's a good sign. Small cars are so much better!
Old 04-13-2012
Registered!!

Lol its the perspective, his car is pretty small, his car Stock only weighs 6 more lbs than a stock 7th gen civic haha
Old 04-13-2012

I was gonna say with a little work, your Civic can be just as fast! ...but then I remebered you have a D17. Don't worry buddy, we can suffer together, haha.
Old 04-13-2012
Registered!!

Mine looks better than his lol, oh btw i ordered that 3" catback system yesterday haha, hopefully the 3 bolt flange will hook up to the catback... like its small and goes into bigger pipe
Old 04-18-2012
Registered!!

so i was told to buy these.............
http://www.carid.com/2001-honda-civi...ts-261899.html
but clearly my car is an 04 and im pretty well on with lights and all, our 04 taillights have 3 hold, put the light bulb in and go but those taillights have 3 plug ins plus a place to screw in the back up light, would these even work for my car?
i have 3 coats of actual PPG black car paint on my car plus 2 coats of PPG clear coat, around 125 dollars worth of paint on my taillights i had a friend of mine do at a body shop... and you cant see them during the day
so Help please?
Old 05-08-2012

When you installed the lip, did you remove the thin rubber strip from the bumper? Or does the lip sit in front of that? To me it seems like the lip would stick out too much if it goes in front of the rubber trim.

I already asked TFMEX the same question, but his rubber piece had already broken off...
Old 05-08-2012
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PearlVic
so i was told to buy these.............
http://www.carid.com/2001-honda-civi...ts-261899.html
but clearly my car is an 04 and im pretty well on with lights and all, our 04 taillights have 3 hold, put the light bulb in and go but those taillights have 3 plug ins plus a place to screw in the back up light, would these even work for my car?
i have 3 coats of actual PPG black car paint on my car plus 2 coats of PPG clear coat, around 125 dollars worth of paint on my taillights i had a friend of mine do at a body shop... and you cant see them during the day
so Help please?
don't buy those taillights they are crap... get oem 04-05 taillights
Old 05-10-2012
Registered!!

Lol, im either going with the 04-05 black housing LED taillights, NOT the ones in the other post, or stock tails, its just my car is pretty much blacked out and idw to get a stock red taillight, and i just got pulled last night for what i have on there now, cop said if he catches me with any tint whatsoever on my taillights ever again im getting a huge ticket.. which it didnt help that i also have HIDs so i got in trouble for those too... luckily just a warning ticket.
Old 05-10-2012
Registered!!

oh sorry krud, no i had to take the rubber piece off but i pretty much lined it up with where the holes were off the original rubber piece and screwed it down there
Old 05-10-2012

That sucks about the lights Here in Nebraska, cops love to see HIDs, hahaha

And thanks a bunch. I was probably going to remove the rubber piece anyways, but I just wanted to make sure. I'm probably also going to spray ArmorAll protectant on the lip to make it appear darker and shinier black.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got into the car game with the Vic