Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Civicpal's mystery build

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012
newb honda guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicpal should not be trustedcivicpal should not be trusted
Civicpal's mystery build

I just got a deal through craigslist and have been welcomed into the Honda family. This is my first Honda, and I plan to make it into a rally car. Here's the first picture of it - but like I said in my profile - you can't see it until it is done. I'll post little tid bits here as I progress but it will always be blacked out. Mystery theater!

Can you guess what car it is? Go ahead and try, I'll never answer!!!
The story of this car starts out as a rescue mission. There it was, sitting with flat tires and loaded up with sticks, squirrel packings, and more. The interior is a complete mess, the engine is missing, but !!! There is no damaging rust. Overall, it was easy to winch out and get on a trailer.

Here is the first pic:

Old 03-01-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Civicpal's mystery build

hahaha I like this!

I'm trying to figure out what year from the outline of the blob
Old 03-02-2012
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

cool idea man!
Old 03-04-2012
newb honda guy

I'm at a stumbling point - I've been told that NOS on a naturally aspirated honda engine is outrageously fast and simple - great for 1/4 mile runs and top speed pulls. But, I love a good turbo too. Which do you suggest? Maybe both? Both seems like a bit much, I really don't want to drive on slicks all day every day. Also if you guys can throw some engine recommendations out there I would be mighty obliged. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2012
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about

Rally car and 1/4 mi don't mix...
Old 03-04-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

looks like a pretty nice hotwheels to me.
Old 03-04-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

is it just me or does someone smell burnt rice?
Old 03-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

is it a civic.
Old 03-05-2012
Registered!!

SharkEg is an unknown quantity at this point

id say. It's either a ek coupe, by the lines of the front bumper, or a del sol, but that could be because you did a horrible job on the *** of the car. Not to mention the rear wheel looks cocked out. Next pic just make a big black circle, and we might have a chance at guessing. And I would just run a turbo
Old 03-05-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Why not concentrate on getting an engine in it before you worry about a turbo? That being said, I'm not totally sure if this is a good idea or not but ill subscribe. My first, only, and the most important question.. . What is your budget?
Old 03-07-2012

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

it kinda looks like an integra.

long story short, go turbo. if you want to know why i think this is the best route then read ahead if not then just skip to the next message.

you're kinda asking a dumb question. there are a lot of different types of cars made by honda, with different engines and engine bays. we can't just give you a blanket statement that applies to every honda ever made, like "go with the NO2".

that being said, you're really looking at either an NA biuld (naturally aspired, using performence internals), NO2 (NOS is a brand that sells the gas used, NO2), a supercharged build or a turbo charged build... or if you're really crazy a twincharged (supercharger plus turbocharger) engine running NO2 with internals =D.

NA: this will be the most reliable, but it's really hard to make big gains in cars that are as well developed as most modern hondas. don't get me wrong, my car is an NA build but it's my daily driver, if you want some real numbers this isn't the best way to go.

NO2: it's cheap but you have to keep buying refills that don't even last that long.

supercharged: this really depends on the car you have. for example, there isn't enough space in the 7th gen civic for a supercharger because the throttle body's butterfly valve opening, is on the top and the hood leaves no space. you can swap this out for a 6th gen TB with the opening on the side, but even after doing so it is really a tight fit getting the belts to work. on the plus side since it's belt driven you get power right away, unlike a turbo. on the down side you won't make as big of gains with a supercharger.

turbo: a turbo setup is the most popular way to make big numbers because it's both the most effective and relitively easy to install. it won't get power as quick as the supercharger because it creates power by using the exhaust gases from your engine to power the turbine that causes forced induction. so it has to spool up enough gas to create the power, meaning you have to drive a bit before it kicks in.
Old 03-07-2012
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

Mystery you say.

Old 04-28-2012
newb honda guy

Anyone know how to get rid of cat **** smell? Cats got into this vehicle and it reeks of cat ****. I tried everything the local auto store has but I can't get it to come out. I've put a decent amount of work into the engine and the car is fairly fixed up - but I can't stand to drive it because the smell of ****. Now that it is warming up, the smell is getting worse. I guess I shouldn't go digging through the woods to buy a car lol
Old 04-28-2012

lol =D. i'd pull every thing out like all the mats, then take the front seats out so you can clean all the places. if worst comes to worst, you might have to sell the car or buy the interior from a junked car.
Old 04-29-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

civicpal,
yer in trouble after that destroying a public park video you posted, sir.
yer definitely listed on the troll list now.