Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My '05 EM2 - Project Bass

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BassMasta808 is on a distinguished road
Re: My '05 EM2 Project

Originally Posted by lollygagger
Thanks for the info. I'm looking to retrofit the EP3 come spring. I hope it all smooths out for you and the car is really coming along.
Thanks man. Wait til I tell you all what tire kingdom did to the car that cost them $2000 they are sending me. Lucks turning around tho.
Old 01-17-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

You finally posted that picture up!

If you aren't racing I personally wouldn't go with the Brembo GT kit, because if you aren't racing very aggressively you will never use anywhere near that amount of stopping power. For a BBK that is mostly bling, a set of Spoon calipers would be my choice.

Very curious about what tire kingdom did..
Old 01-17-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

The rsx-s is more of a brake system than what out cars will ever need.

If u have the money, get the brembos. Getting spoon calipers on our punie stock rotors is silly.
Old 01-17-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

You can get the 2000 rotor and redrill it to 4 lug and slap on some s2000 calipers and you will have some amazing *** brakes. Just no block factor

I think getting a 4 piston calipers and brake system really adds niceness to your car though

I believe s2000 rotor/caliper is just about the biggest brake sys you can directly swap into our civic with minimal modding
Old 01-17-2012
Registered!!

After gettin everything installed I took it to Tire Kingdom for tires and an alignment (been goin there for tires and oil literally since I was 16). No sweat right? This is how they returned it to me..

Name:  photo1-1-6.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  55.2 KB
Name:  photo2-1-7.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  59.8 KB

To make matters even awesomer, they didn't tell me about the damage when I came to pick up the car. I saw it the next morning while at another shop with the car on the lift checking everything out before the trip. The fact that they let me drive off with my car this way was the kicker, I immediately called a lawyer friend of mine who conferenced in TK and we explained the world of **** this particular store was in, since they let me drive off in a damaged car..

Got quotes from a few different body shops and I presented the 2 highest quotes to them and they agreed on cutting a $2000 check for the damages and severe lack of professionalism.

Aside from that, my right rear is toe in real bad and can't be zero'd out for some reason I'm not sure if it has to do with this damage or maybe a bit rough with the air hammer and vice getting the trailing arm bushing out on that side. I hope the frame straightener fixes the issue if not I may have to replace the trailing arm.

Last edited by BassMasta808; 01-19-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Old 01-17-2012
Registered!!

and yeaa Sleepy/Bomber, I know just about all of this is overkill I guess lol it's definitely all for bling factor. I paid so much for the car cuz of my credit, the sky is the limit now . Might as well go all out the first time and not upgrade later on or what not, just move on to the next thing. Game plan is to lug/brake swap when it's k time, will do wheels at that time also. I kno I'll need new brake lines, rsx master cylinder, not really diggin spending money on used rsx stuff and new parts are just about as much as a brembo kit. Makes sense to spend the money on the good stuff if spending at all right? Mapping all this out in my head. Besides, I'm really starting to dig suspension mods

Name:  photo2-1-8.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  75.9 KB

Last edited by BassMasta808; 01-19-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old 01-17-2012
Registered!!

black4door is an unknown quantity at this point

nice ride. i seem lost tho. wht did you cut out the top off them coffee mugs for lol
Old 01-17-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by black4door
nice ride. i seem lost tho. wht did you cut out the top off them coffee mugs for lol
Thanks man lol those are bezels for a projector retrofit I was gonna do soon. Everything's delayed for now while I'm in Miami for work. I can't wait to get back and get everything finished up I've been riding around with no seats! Have learned one important lesson so far, don't try a bunch of mods at once. Patience is key. Start something and complete before moving on ( mental notes I have to repeat to myself).

Last edited by BassMasta808; 01-19-2012 at 02:50 AM.
Old 01-18-2012
Registered!!

black4door is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BassMasta808
Thanks man lol those are bezels for a projector retrofit I was gonna do soon. Everything's delayed for a bit while I'm in Miami for work. I can't wait to get back and get everything finished up I've been riding around with no seats! Have learned one important lesson so far, don't try a bunch of mods at once. Patience is key. Start something and complete before moving on ( mental notes I have to repeat to myself).

I cant wait to see it.
I have learned that lesson myself, yet I ignore it sometimes. lol
Old 01-18-2012
Registered!!

henry9419 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good so far, im sVing to do brakes and suspension on my 95 ex sedan
Old 01-19-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by henry9419
Looks good so far, im sVing to do brakes and suspension on my 95 ex sedan
Thanks bro. What setup are you going with?
Old 01-19-2012
Registered!!

Update: Posted some pics of the rest of the suspension install in my OP.
Old 01-19-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I like the shot of the bushings getting burned out of the trailing arm, that was a fun step!
Old 01-19-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I like the shot of the bushings getting burned out of the trailing arm, that was a fun step!
Those were a pain in the you know what! Is it possible I bent that arm and now the toe can't be zero'd out?
Old 01-22-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My '05 EM2 - Project Bass

I can't believe I missed this thread,
That is one sexy *** civic there

I only saw it today browsing 7GH, and guessed you've prolly posted here

Looks like we got ourselves another JL Audio fanatic
Old 01-22-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
I can't believe I missed this thread,
That is one sexy *** civic there

I only saw it today browsing 7GH, and guessed you've prolly posted here

Looks like we got ourselves another JL Audio fanatic
Haha thanks for the compliments man . Yea I started out on 7GH but asking questions over there is pretty nerve racking if you're a noob like me. Here everyone is a lot more welcoming no matter how far you are with your car and that's awesome. Guru's like Mindbomber and gearbox have given me a crash course on 7th gens in a very short amount of time and definitely have helped me get this far. Sorry for my lonnng PMs guys lol

I love JL! I make car audio Bass and well music generally but specifically JL has always set the bar for car audio IMO. Amps at least, and speakers also 2nd only to Cerwin's Strokers maybe. I give those amps a workout with beats and frequencies .
Old 01-22-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

7GH is like a private club, they don't exactly welcome new members with their childish attitudes. I got flamed a lot on that site when I first joined, then I got sick of them and only posted when no one else could answer a question, then suddenly everyone realizes I have a decent knowledge base and they start pm'ing me with questions. To late, I haven't logged into that site in a month. I'd rather spend my time somewhere where everyone, regardless of post count is given equal respect.

/rant...

I'll respond to your brake upgrade questions tonight probably BM. I got lazy and abandoned that thread, might work on it some more.
Old 01-22-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, feel free to PM any of us.
We'll def try to help you the best we can.

The only brand I can really say surpasses JL is really only FI in my book.
Quality + Amazing sound reproduction

I saw your list that you're trying to get 2 W7AE's...
That's going to cost a pretty penny :3

We've got several JL fanatics on our forums, and I've seen some nice builds.
Old 01-23-2012
Registered!!

To late
This. Is. Awesome. I actually waited until just recently to thro up a build thread there. Was shocked at the decent feedback with my 70 post count.

I'll respond to your brake upgrade questions tonight probably BM. I got lazy and abandoned that thread, might work on it some more.
All good brother! I kno I have taxed you to death with my questions and the funny part is the more I learn the more complicated my questions are getting hahaha must have race carrr

Of course, feel free to PM any of us.
We'll def try to help you the best we can.

The only brand I can really say surpasses JL is really only FI in my book.
Quality + Amazing sound reproduction

I saw your list that you're trying to get 2 W7AE's...
That's going to cost a pretty penny :3

We've got several JL fanatics on our forums, and I've seen some nice builds.

Haha yea man I was a 90's kid when JL and C-Vega ruled the db drag races (mtx and fostage too but they have fallen off a little). It's always been a dream of mine to own a pair of W7's I can't wait to hear what a 1000w sounds like. The Kickers can't handle 1000w so I gotta wait until the big purchase. Maybe even upgrade to two 1000w v2 monoblocks but holy crap man I sorta get carried away sometimes.

..and def thanks what's your specialty knowledge? So I know I'm asking you the right questions yano lol
Old 01-23-2012
Registered!!

I got lazy and abandoned that thread, might work on it some more.
*cough*Sticky*cough*
Old 01-23-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

huhn.
i missed this thread too. (Yer pics of the underbody did make me shiiiiver.... eeeeyakh...)
Just a word of advice about brakes - don't get real race pads ever for street - there was a guy that came with yello EB pads and it never really heated enough to function in the street (old thread, guess last year?)
Old 01-23-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
huhn.
i missed this thread too. (Yer pics of the underbody did make me shiiiiver.... eeeeyakh...)
Just a word of advice about brakes - don't get real race pads ever for street - there was a guy that came with yello EB pads and it never really heated enough to function in the street (old thread, guess last year?)
Thanks man, will get what ever is recommended for the Brembo's when the time comes.
Old 01-24-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Originally Posted by BassMasta808
Haha yea man I was a 90's kid when JL and C-Vega ruled the db drag races (mtx and fostage too but they have fallen off a little). It's always been a dream of mine to own a pair of W7's I can't wait to hear what a 1000w sounds like. The Kickers can't handle 1000w so I gotta wait until the big purchase. Maybe even upgrade to two 1000w v2 monoblocks but holy crap man I sorta get carried away sometimes.

..and def thanks what's your specialty knowledge? So I know I'm asking you the right questions yano lol
Haha, no prob.
I tend to lean more towards ICE and Car Audio,
Though I'm no expert, I try to help the best I know how

And I also specialize in half *** guesses that tend to end up correct

I am a flat out kicker/alpine sub hater :P
2 12W6v3 powered by a 1200/1v3 hopefully would be a realistic dream of mine
They just announced those products at CES 2012... >.<

1 W7 is simply too much for the poor vic =/ it will def shake itself to death
Old 01-24-2012
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

I am a flat out kicker/alpine sub hater :P
I have kickers....does that mean you hate me too?
Old 01-24-2012
Kenny the Ricer

I don't hate you, I just don't like their subs...at all
Their amps are great though
Old 04-02-2012
Registered!!

howie2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

where did you get that stereo? i want it lol
Old 04-02-2012
Registered!!

inifiniteblur is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't hate you, I just don't like their subs...at all
Their amps are great though
their amps suck too. they're only 2 ohm stable.
Old 04-02-2012
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

alpine subs are good...if you dont cheap out and get a type r or x. then you got some bass. but id never use an alpine amp. kenwood amps ftw
Old 04-02-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Looks awesome! I love the graphite gray on EM2s.
Where I live, that car would be too low for its own good, but it looks like you love it Nice start to a potentially great project!
Old 07-12-2012
Registered!!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Been on the financial struggle lately. Recently laid off, went thru a bit of a divorce also. But fk it **** happens! Here are some recent pics of the ride. Haven't done much to her except keep up with odds and ends breaking. Money is super limited these days.

Name:  photo3-9.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  57.4 KB
Name:  photo2-3-3.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  72.6 KBName:  photo1-3-3.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  71.3 KB

Bottomed out a while ago and ripped off my Beaks bar ^, new one will be here Monday. Finally debadged the "EX" with these triple digit heat days we been havin lately. Blew both subs, amps still good, but no bass at the moment. No music at all actually, the 4 channel amp never arrived, so I can't turn the volume up past 10 without distortion from under powered speakers. Hope to order one before the end of this month. Still haven't done the retrofit or install fogs. Chewed threw a set of tires in just over 7 months, gonna get some Eibach front cam bolts and get my fenders rolled so I can ease up on some of this camber without rubbing.

Quick Reply: My '05 EM2 - Project Bass