mac25 build - Page 4 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

mac25 build

Old 08-31-2017
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of
Re: mac25 build

Old 08-31-2017
Moderator of Rice

mac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to all

I checked the

-valves/seals/retainers/springs (all look good)
-pulled the header to see if I ported through an oil gallery (looked good, thank goodness).

-I'll check plugs soon
-and the pcv system

-I'm not sure because the sound is deeper now but it may be reving at a higher rate now with the port job; this may be leading to over an over pressured crankcase and oil being pushed past the valve seals or up through the pcv into the intake.

At this point I'm just gina say F it and top her up when needed, I'm also thinking of trying

5w30
then 5w40
Old 08-31-2017
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of

This Topic Still Sucks
Old 09-01-2017
Super Moderator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

LOL, Josh!

Cam,

like mentioned in another thread, 5-30 or 5-40 could cause some issues with low VTEC pressure
Old 09-01-2017
Moderator of Rice

mac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sdaidoji View Post
LOL, Josh!

Cam,

like mentioned in another thread, 5-30 or 5-40 could cause some issues with low VTEC pressure

Ya I saw that post. But I may still try it, I don't like topping the oil up every few weeks, lol.

...and thx josh? lol
Old 09-01-2017
Administrator

Still awaiting d17sc build. Hahaha
Old 09-03-2017
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I'd be happy to come help you wrench on her one day if you ever need a hand!
Old 09-03-2017
Super Moderator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
woah! Look who dropped in here!
Old 09-04-2017
Moderator of Rice

Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Hey bro! =D.

Maybe, if I have a big project again. Most of the stuff now is just odds and ends.
Old 09-05-2017
Super Moderator

now, Josh, your replies remind me of the old "suck, blow, bang" articles from the Sport Compact Car magazine

huh, that article title sounds wrong....
Old 09-08-2017
Moderator of Rice

^lol
Old 09-09-2017
Administrator

Old 07-23-2018
Moderator of Rice

2018 update...

Well long story short a fdew months ago my timing belt snapped, due to the water pump leaking on the belt, which was my fault because I left the pump with 3 put of 4 bolts, since one snapped.

Anyway, head is back off, thank goodness everything looks fine, probably because I was running low compression pistons which didn't smash the valves.

I just put the pistons back in, and found out why it was burning so much, some how two of the pistons had rings cloaked at the wrist pins. I also replaced the front main seal, the water pump again, this time OEM, the belt, oem and tensioner oem.

In fun news I'm also designing an intake manifold for boost, and j30 throttle body application.

Old 07-23-2018
Moderator of Rice

PS: The metal cut set, the shop messed up on and scaled too large.

The cardboard set was cut after and scaled to the correct size but a few holes were off by 1/16", which was my fault.

Hopefully with the final version everything will work out.
Old 07-23-2018
Super Moderator

woah, so it was the rings...
Old 07-23-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Colin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of light

Looks good dude!
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Moderator of Rice

...well after like three months the engine is rebuilt again... this time I clocked my pistons right (I hope) and removed/replaced the broken water pump bolt which lead to the timing belt braking.

As you can also see I built my own intake manifold ended up costing me $1100, mostly tool cost like welding gear, saws and clamps; as well as the water cutting fee to cut the plates I designed and 3d modeled. I tried to weld the final piece on my own but ended up warping the hell out of it and it looked like ****, so for the final version I spot welded it together and payed a shop to weld/seal it up.

Looks friggen epic IMO!

At the moment I just started her today for the first time with this manifold. I have a crazy high idle surge from 1100 to 3000 up and down rhythmically , pretty fast. With the IACV unplugged (Idle air control valve) it will idle with a fast lope at 1000rpm. So naturally I thought it was a faulty IACV from the j30 throttle body...

But I unplugged the j30 IACV and then plugged in my stock d17 IACV (not installed into the j30 TB, just in the open because I wanted to see if it was moving open and closed) and the idle still surges but the D17 IACV does not actuate and since it is not connected to the j30 tb on the vehicle it can not cause the surging.

The only two things I have connected that could dump more air into the system are the IACV and supper noob question here, but the electric component that comes from the fire wall to the fuel rail then into a cylinder, then into an electrical control valve and finally to the intake manifold. What is that thing? I am having problems trying to find a diagram of the way it is installed stock and what it is called, in order to research the issue.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Moderator of Rice

Haha figured it out. It was actually a massive vacuum leak because there was a vacuum port left open on the underside of the j30 TB that I forgot about because I ran all of my stock vacuum lines to the manifold. Took me like 45 minutes to find it as I slowly puffed a cigar and blew it into the manifold.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
pleasure spiked with pain

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Glad you found it and that intake mani looks awesome!! That is a thing of beauty, great job!!!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Moderator of Rice

Thank you Sir!