Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

sdaidoji's 'vics stories

Old 12-26-2016
Dr Krieger of Modification

mac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to all
Re: sdaidoji's 'vics stories

Nice man! I re-read the entire log.
Old 12-27-2016
Administrator
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

thanks, some of them are not the nicest ones :P
Old 05-24-2017
Administrator
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Figures, just when emissions is due, car keeps throwing p0420 daily...

ok, got o2 sensors, have a cat coming.

yeah, ezone, I hear you telling me to fix the stuck oil rings... just came back from 3 month trips...
Old 05-26-2017
Administrator
Administrator

memorial day holiday things to do:

broken rear bumper (someone hit it when it was parked)

P0420 solution - need do emissions now that the 3 month travel is done. O2 sensors will go at same time for safety

hello, kity, kityy, kitty, come here to your new home
i know you cats love a box, but time to come out, kitty!

Name:  20170526_141159_zpsa7ri8hlp.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  275.8 KB

Name:  20170425_154012_zpsk0e3mwzu.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  388.2 KB

Name:  20170425_154004_zpsaddcsemd.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  465.3 KB

Name:  20170427_160008_zpsr8y93hiu.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  548.3 KB
Old 05-27-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

mac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to all

Those mother F'ers!
Old 05-28-2017
Administrator
Administrator

it was already cracked (smaller) and peeling coating, so i needed to change anyway, but still an a$$
Old 06-02-2017
Administrator
Administrator

lost the battle with the rusted and weird bolts holding the cat to the catback... 4 days and no budge...

pepboys took two hours on the lift, air tools and finally took it off the car and replaced the cat. now need drive 100 miles for readiness codes for emissions.

i was never gonna get it out on stands and limited space (couldn't get the impact wrench there, shame on me.)
Old 06-08-2017
Administrator
Administrator

100 miles complete for readiness codes, emissions aaaand: Pass!!!

culprit!

Name:  20170608_152627_zpsf08wmfm3.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  365.7 KB

Last edited by sdaidoji; 06-08-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator
Administrator

Hip replacement surgery done 2 months ago, recovery underway.
Time to bring the civic back to life (was driving a CX-5 during recovery) - it's almost time for registration too...
let's see:
1 - new battery - it have been parked since July, or was it August?
2 - swap in the scrapyard rear bumper (If I can, not sure if healed enough yet)
3 - locate the oil leak and fix it
4 - swap in the HID headlights I got from Josh if time allows
5 - hope the new airbags don't blow in my face... (they swapped them during the time it was parked)
Old 1 Week Ago
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Colin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of lightColin42 is a glorious beacon of light

Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator
Administrator

Battery in, airbag did not blow in me face.
Shakedown:
- Had forgotten, but the seatbelt have the infamous failure... So SRS light on. (no issues in TN)
- Driver window was already weak to move, seem to have finally died...
- Scangauge is not getting mileage data... Wonder if just waiting for readiness or if ECU will give up soon...
- Left headlight is out - well, I need to swap in Josh's HID's, so...
time to hit a scrapyard? I have the hail marks in the hood anyway...

Separate notes:
Feels so much better to:
1 - Know where the wheels are exactly - hard to do on a SUV so high up the ground...
2 - Sooo great to shift again, clutch, shift, clutch!
3 - Preparing the 95 miata to get out of the bay... Darn hood hinges! battery is goner too, even with a battery tender...
Old 1 Week Ago
pleasure spiked with pain

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Nice!! I'm sure the old 7th gen is glad to be moving again. Glad to hear you are doing good after your surgery
Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator
Administrator

thanx!
Old 6 Days Ago
Administrator
Administrator

ow, preliminary look means the valve cover gasket is gone...
That means i will need to fix that and then see what else is a goner...
Darn, not ever a quick one fixer... Cars!