Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Billkisme: 2002 Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
billkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the rough
Billkisme: 2002 Civic EX

Been on here for a while. dont do much posting. thought id introduce myself. Im Bill Kowanic. Not many can say the last name so I go by BillK so there you go with the name.
Im from Hanover, Pa

2002 Civic EX 4 door
Exterior:
Carbon Fiber Hood and Trunk Bezels
Type R grille
Yellow OEM fog lights
Volvo 940 front lip
15" bronze XXR polished lip wheels
Black housing headlights with amber marker bulbs

Interior:
Pioneer mp3 cd player
custom made tweeter pods

Suspension:
KYB struts
H&R springs 1.3" drop

Engine:
AEM Carbon/Kevlar wrapped intake (made by me)
New intake has been ordered.

Here's a few pics of my car. Ive only had it since October and it was one person owner before me and 100% stock.

After I got it lowered on KYB's and H&R springs and got the new grille I had to get a set of rims and did a carbon/kevlar intake which is for sale.
I made a set of tweeter pods and wrapped them in HEFTY carbon fiber. i love the sound i got from them everything is so much more clear

And the last thing Ive done so far was the headlights

Thanks for looking
Bill

Last edited by billkisme; 03-16-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-25-2011
Registered!!

civicbyrc is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Billkisme: 2002 Civic EX

What lip is that, Looks good. I can't wait to do some stuff to my car.
Old 01-25-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

wow looks great, its come a long way
Old 01-25-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Mmmmm very nice
Old 01-26-2011
Registered!!

billkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the rough

Wow! thanks guys. The lip is off a 940 Volvo. mid 90's i think it was.
the fitment is not the greatest but i had one laying around so I worked on it for a while to get it to fit.
Im ordering a full lip kit here in a few weeks. I do have the Xenon mild lip kit right now but I didnt like how it looked when I put it on. it sat way to low.
Old 01-26-2011
Person

lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

Looks excellent!

Originally Posted by civicbyrc
What lip is that, Looks good. I can't wait to do some stuff to my car.
^It's me Bender. You know, the lovable rascal!
Old 01-26-2011
Registered!!

Thank ^
as of a few hours ago how the car looked
Old 01-26-2011
Registered!!

civicbyrc is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you like your suspension setup?
Old 01-26-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by civicbyrc
How do you like your suspension setup?
i love the H&R's
the only thing with these spring i have they were not made for the 4 door EX. for some reason the EX 4 door is heavier in the rear then any of the others and the rear will sag. I loved how the H&R's road with my other cars so i got them anyways. what i did to make the car sit level was i made a 1\2 inche metal spacer to sit on top the spring and it went in between the spring and top hat to give the rear end the little boost it needed.
Old 01-28-2011
Registered!!

Last edited by billkisme; 03-16-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-28-2011
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Damn, you got one of the carbon fiber spark plug wire covers too? Those things are dope! Where did you get it?

Looking better each photo. I like the clear lens foglights better with the nokya hyper yellow bulbs if your looking for a yellow light output.

I'd take the pin stripe off and look at replacing or painting that lower molding around the drivers window- it looks silver.

Nice to see someone posting their car up again and the history its gone through.

+rep
Old 01-28-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Damn, you got one of the carbon fiber spark plug wire covers too? Those things are dope! Where did you get it?

Looking better each photo. I like the clear lens foglights better with the nokya hyper yellow bulbs if your looking for a yellow light output.

I'd take the pin stripe off and look at replacing or painting that lower molding around the drivers window- it looks silver.

Nice to see someone posting their car up again and the history its gone through.

+rep
The plug cover I made. I work with Carbon Fiber as my part time job/ hobby
the pin stripes im going to take off when the weather warms up and the window molding im going to be replacing. im waiting for Honda to tell me how much.
Old 01-28-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

nice car!
In some of the pics i notice a small camber - consider some camber kit for the rear to correct to 0 camber and you good
Old 02-02-2011
Registered!!

well I got some new parts today so once I get them all painted ill post some pics.
Old 02-02-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

You done good! I really like it, keep up the good work.
Old 02-02-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i wish i got the green civic
Old 02-02-2011
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

Whelp haters gonna hate, but your carbon/kevlar stuff looks like a sticker job. (especially the intake wrap and edges of the tweeter mount).The previous owner of my bike put the same crap on the plastic parts.

I had dgmotorsports spark plug wire cover on my old car. If you would, take the cover off and show some pics of the underside of that cover and around the edges. I am curious of the craftsmanship if it isn't a sticker job...
Old 02-02-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

the tweeters are just a CF style vinyl wrap

the intake could be real carbon/kevlar but its hard to tell.

but the engine cover is defiantly real CF
Old 02-03-2011

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
the tweeters are just a CF style vinyl wrap

the intake could be real carbon/kevlar but its hard to tell.

but the engine cover is defiantly real CF
The one thing that makes the intake look fake to me is the area around the nipple the hose hooks on to. The nipple looks like its metal and the kevlar just stops and lays around the hose.
Old 02-03-2011
Registered!!

ill have to get you some close up shots of the parts. they are 100% real carbon fiber and carbon/kevlar.
the intake is aluminum. its an AEM intake i just wrapped carbon/kevlar around and rolled it in epoxy.
i am no longer using that intake anyways i got one thats ment for the car.
the tweeter pods are wrapped in whats called "hefty wrap" its fake carbon fiber.
i love haters so go ahead and hate away it just makes me do more things to make you hate more.

thank you to those who like my car
Old 02-03-2011
Registered!!

cmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura aboutcmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura about

im diggin the whole car i like how you make your parts. means no one will have the same. and again if you aint gettin hated on you aint doin it right
Old 02-04-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cmiller_01ex
means no one will have the same. and again if you aint gettin hated on you aint doin it right
Damn right.......you know...

Heres a pic of the car as of last night and here is also a picture of the backside of a few parts I have made. the parts are a Rear view mirror cover and a fuel pump cover for a 90-93 accord

Old 02-05-2011

looks good to me. how many sheets did you use on the spark plug wire cover?
Old 02-05-2011
Registered!!

MoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura aboutMoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura aboutMoreRicePlease has a spectacular aura about

How do you like the KYB's? I've got those in front and oem in rear, same car as you: AT, 02 ex. i love the way my car rides, at least for a daily driver.
Old 02-05-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhemR
looks good to me. how many sheets did you use on the spark plug wire cover?
The plug cover I just wrapped over top the plug cover. I only used one layer.
Its not a full 100% real CF plug cover.

Originally Posted by MoreRicePlease
How do you like the KYB's? I've got those in front and oem in rear, same car as you: AT, 02 ex. i love the way my car rides, at least for a daily driver.
I love how it rides with the KYB'S
Im going to get a set of RaceLand coilovers soon and give them a try.
Old 02-05-2011
Registered!!

I just ordered an OEM spoiler today. so once that and the whole lip kit gets painted Ill post some pics. I think once I get the windows tinted and get a smaller size tire I might be done for a while. In a few years Ill do a 5 speed swap and that will do it.
should have some new pics in a week or so.
Old 02-05-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I've said I might be done before, but then one of my friends gets some new parts and I suddenly feel the need to buy something..
Old 02-05-2011
Registered!!

cmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura aboutcmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura about

dude i am impressed. lol ya know maybe you should start making **** to sale. i wouldnt mind having interior pieces in carbonfiber.
Old 02-05-2011
Registered!!

I do make parts I sell but none yet really for the civic. I do it just for fun.

Ive only had the civic for 4 months now and Ive gotten almost everything I want or need for it. theres really nothing else I want.
Old 02-06-2011
Registered!!

lol well i know it would be cool to have real carbon fiber..... radio bezel, center console, door pannels.lol i have seen for the older body style civics full carbon fiber doors inside and out. and you would think that they would make a **** load of parts for all civics but ours is one that they dont have as many for. i mean they do have alot but not as much as the earlier civics

Quick Reply: Billkisme: 2002 Civic EX