Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

ES1 02 Civic - More pep needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cully is an unknown quantity at this point
ES1 02 Civic - More pep needed

Good day all Civic Owns,

Wanna get some more Pep in my ES1 02 Civic, my 1.6 is dead no @ss. Wanted to put in an air intake but heard that there is an air censor that trips when too much air comes into the system.

So guys, what simple things can I do?
Old 12-01-2010
Registered!!

Personality is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ES1 02 Civic - More pep needed

Save your money, your civic, is slow for a reason.
Old 12-03-2010
Registered!!

Ok, so that's one person's opinion. Any other's?
Old 12-03-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

many factors play into this. what is your goal for modding? where do you drive (city or highway)?what is your budget? how well is the car maintained?
Old 12-05-2010
Registered!!

It is maintained pretty well. I drive on both highways and city.
Maybe i should just ask if can just hook up an air intake cone and some spark plugs. I am not really looking to change my engine nor put in a manual transmission. Just interested in some small things that might make a difference. Or should i really just save my money as the other guy said.
Old 12-05-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

even the EM2's dont get much punch from bolt-ons.
if you want cosmetics, go for them.
the engines are as efficient as they can get.
Old 12-05-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

putting in intake, or headers, or exhaust or anything for that matter isnt going to create any noticeable hp. dont waste ur time or money.

if u want power, u are gonna have to spend thousands on a turbo.
Old 12-05-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

A stage 1 BC cam gives an extra bit of power, but thats the only thing short of a turbo or engine swap that will. If you want to mod your car theres a lot of things aside from raw power though, I just focus on looks.
Old 12-05-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard some people have had success with Nitrous as well... it all depends on what you wanna do but there is no cheap way to get your car to be faster, or even slighly peppier for that matter.
Old 12-14-2010
Registered!!

Pressure, haha, ok guys, i get it, my car is a dead horse, so i will save my money and concertrate on the looks. Many thx guys!!
Old 12-14-2010
Registered!!

jackwagon should not be trusted

Betcha he still puts an intake on it.
Old 12-14-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jackwagon
Betcha he still puts an intake on it.
its not always about the power.

given an intake doesnt do much for our cars, its still fun to install one, some people enjoy working on their car.

plus it gives you a much deeper engine tone with u really stomp on the gas.

at least it will be enjoyable while being slow
Old 12-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

and with the AEM it filters air better not to mention re-usable and easy to remove and clean. and it just looks cool.