Newbie - Civic 2002 Sedan Silver - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2010   #1  
Registered!!

NotoriousMohsin is an unknown quantity at this point
Newbie - Civic 2002 Sedan Silver

Hello I recently bought a Honda Civic 2002 Silver with 180km
No sunroof
No spoiler
No leather seats
(you might not see the driver side visor right now but its their now lol)

I had problems with the windows and DRL Relay light which i got fixed now.

Currently:

2 12' Sony Xplods with Pioneer amp
Sony Deck
Neon lights under the drive and passenger
HID 8000k Headlights
Window Visors
17' Poison RTX rims

I'm looking to install:
In dash 7 inch
Air Intake(dont know what this does at all)
Halo Headlights(is this hard to install, where can i get cheap)
FOG Lights(dont have any stock ones looking to buy a new kit with HID)
Dome+Map+License lights(Looking for all BLUE)

Im looking for these if you have any other ideas that will make my cars performance and style better please help me.

Please let me know where i can get these things and any other things that you suggest will be better. The prices would be awsome too.

Also what should i use to keep my car shiny all the time.

Toronto, ON
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	009.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	79495  

Last edited by NotoriousMohsin; 11-06-2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: forgot something
NotoriousMohsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010   #2  
Registered!!

iridehonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Newbie - Civic 2002 Sedan Silver

Nice car.

Air Intake - Exactly what it says, sucks in air. Pick one up off ebay for ~$30 and replace the filter with an AEM dryflow which is about ~$50.

Halo headlights - Ebay, be warned the light output will be much worse than with stock headlamps unless you plan on retrofitting.

Fog lights - Ebay and buy a set of 3000k HIDs from DDMtuning.
iridehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010   #3  
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

lol why would you install something on your car that you have no idea does ???
1. dont bother with the mysterious air intak
2. don't get halo headlights stock is a good thing
3.don't put HIDS in your fogs
4.were im from blue led plate lights are illegal canada i have no clue but i would find out.
5. to keep your car shiny soap water and wax.

Last edited by lowlife9; 11-20-2010 at 04:24 AM.
lowlife9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010   #4  
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forums!

First and foremost,
Do yourself, and everyone else a favor and toss those nasty Sony Xplod speakers, you have a decent amp, dont ruin it with crappy speakers

2. Air intake: increases air flow to engine, colder air will increase performance and mileage (also sounds cool too!)

3. LED strips can be purchased off ebay, or Dealextreme.com

4. Do not get halos, they are useless, looks ugly on civics, and their crappy projectors ruin visibility.
Pick up this retrofit right here instead, guy's offering 150+shipping for it
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-retrofit.html

4. Fog lights, get OEM style, not HID. As they are useless for visibility, and irritating to people in front of you

5. Blue License plate LEDs i believe are illegal in all 50 states, and all of canada, interior lights are fine, as long as they're not on while you are driving

6. Keeping your car clean, (this is what i do)
- Maintain a routine wash every 5~7 days with car HAND wash with soap containing caranuba wax (any brand will do, the more suds the better)
- Clay bar entire car once a month (with Mothers brand)
- Wax car every 3~4 weeks (with Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0)
- RainX 2 in 1, window water repellent and cleaner
- Wipe down car with slightly wet shammy every 1~2 days to remove road dirt
- Meguiars tire shine every 3 weeks

Of course you dont have to go to such lengths to keep your car as shiny as I do. But if you're like me, I keep my car's paint in tip top shape, looks like it just rolled off the factory line.
And you don't have to go with the same products as me, those are just what i recommend after trying out a bunch of products.

Clay bar - Mothers, Turtle, or Meguairs will be good.
Wax - Meguairs Tech Wax 2.0 is by far the best product i've used, but if you're not looking to spend upwards of $15 on wax, then the Meguairs quickwax at $4 a bottle will suffice
Tire shine - Meguairs or Armorall works great

Btw, you got pix of your car with rims on it?
Kennykid2002 is offline   Reply With Quote