Is this really a Honda SIR 2000??? HELP!!! - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2010   #1
Registered!!

paul1027 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this really a Honda SIR 2000??? HELP!!!

Hey guys, how will I know if the car I am getting is an original SIR Honda 2000 and not just a regular Civic 2000 that was upgraded.... I am really confuse, pls help.....
paul1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010   #2
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Is this really a Honda SIR 2000??? HELP!!!

The SiR, is basically the Canadian version of the American Civic Si, with the addition of ABS as a standard feature. Your best bet would be to check the VIN or run a Carfax I guess. The VIN, IIRC, actually has EM1 in the sequence.
MelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010   #3
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Either that or just look at the insurance paperwork and see if its registered as an Sir or a Civic.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010   #4
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Check the VIN number on it. The 4th to 6th letter should say em1 to be a real SIR and it should have a b16a2 motor in it as well.
02civicsi02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010   #5
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

^ to add to that, B16a2 should also be stamped onto the transmission casing as well.
MelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010   #6
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

we need pics
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010   #7
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

^^ what he said not even an engine pic
Tragedy is offline   Reply With Quote