Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

my TL HID retrofit.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009
< My future wife.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
my TL HID retrofit.

Retrosolutions 4300 D2S adjustable output HID kit in TL projectors with aftermarket shrouds. Cutoff is kind of off on one side but whatever. So tired of the project and having my car in the garage. lol

Old 04-14-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: my TL HID retrofit.

looks really good, lol how much u want to do mine
Old 04-14-2009
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

looks awesome man!
Old 04-14-2009
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

looks good
Old 04-14-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
looks really good, lol how much u want to do mine
usually its anywhere in the ballpark of 200-400 for labor depending on how much you want done to it.....im speaking for most retrofitters.

you should PM me about his pricing...

i also do retrofits, and you can PM me for pricing if u want.
Old 04-14-2009
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

very nice retro
Old 04-14-2009
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Hi-beam pics?

Looks great.
Old 04-14-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

looks great man, nice and even beam at night too
Old 04-14-2009
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Very even beam, looks perfect to me. Sexy in the stock housing too.
Old 04-14-2009
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

that looks REALLY good... dude, i didn't know u were from MD. where in MD?
Old 04-14-2009
Jp7
Registered!!

Jp7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 3 sets of projectors like this if anyone else is looking to do this mod. These come complete with brand new never used bulbs and ballasts, wiring included. These are the "moving" highbeam lowbeam eyelid style where a solinoid moves the shroud.

PM me if you are interested.
Old 04-14-2009
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

good to see more people picking up retros. me, edwin, and now you have retrofits in the Mid-Atlantic crew :P
Old 04-14-2009
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Can you post a close up pic of the headlight to see the workmanship. Also.. got any pics of the process on how you mounted the projector?
Old 04-14-2009
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold

I pretty much cut out a section for the back of the projector and for the bottom rectangle part of the projector to hang off the housing. The back of the projector didn't poke out any further than the stock plug did. You can see how I had to stretch out the shroud to fit the HUGE TL projector though. In the last pic I had to cut the bottom to make room for the projector but whatever. eh.

Basically I cut carefully to make JUST enough room for clearance for the rear of the projector and the solenoid thing. I didn't bother with 4 super long screws and bolts and all that jazz. I just JB welded it in. I jammed JB weld around the solenoid and behind the projector. It actually works pretty well. I used the lines on the bottom of the housing as a guide for alignment laterally. I placed the midline of the TL projector at a right angle to the housing ridge lines.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4515.jpg
Views:	801
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	76162   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4517.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	76163   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4589.jpg
Views:	901
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	76165  

Last edited by armieo; 04-14-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-14-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

came out so nice with that shroud. i like that style of boh too
Old 04-15-2009
Premium Member

Ahh JB weld... and what the ****, you have your name inside your headlight? Nice!
Old 04-15-2009
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks really nice!
Old 04-15-2009
Registered!!

hatchbackcraz is an unknown quantity at this point

wow and i thought my lil ol pilot hid's were nice, i aint got **** on that, very nice
Old 04-15-2009
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by armieo
I pretty much cut out a section for the back of the projector and for the bottom rectangle part of the projector to hang off the housing. The back of the projector didn't poke out any further than the stock plug did. You can see how I had to stretch out the shroud to fit the HUGE TL projector though. In the last pic I had to cut the bottom to make room for the projector but whatever. eh.

Basically I cut carefully to make JUST enough room for clearance for the rear of the projector and the solenoid thing. I didn't bother with 4 super long screws and bolts and all that jazz. I just JB welded it in. I jammed JB weld around the solenoid and behind the projector. It actually works pretty well. I used the lines on the bottom of the housing as a guide for alignment laterally. I placed the midline of the TL projector at a right angle to the housing ridge lines.

just dont drive over a lot of bumps.
Old 04-15-2009
< My future wife.

Thanks gear I didn't want it to be like everyone else's BOH. I'm surprised you actually let the cut on the bottom of the shroud slide, since I know you're all about clean clean clean. haha

There is actually zero play with the projector inside the cutout of the housing. Since I didn't take too many pics I'll update this with a diagram today/tomorrow if any of you are interested.

Oh yeah and the name in my headlight. I'm obsessed with adriana lima if you couldn't tell already, so I named my car that. haha

Last edited by armieo; 04-15-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-15-2009
Registered!!

dubD02CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey sickk retro, i like the shrouds and really like the emblems inside the lenses..might have to steal that idea!! props.
Old 04-15-2009
Jp7
Registered!!

Jp7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jp7
I have 3 sets of projectors like this if anyone else is looking to do this mod. These come complete with brand new never used bulbs and ballasts, wiring included. These are the "moving" highbeam lowbeam eyelid style where a solinoid moves the shroud.

PM me if you are interested.
Sorry for the delay guys: Pics of the goods:

These also have the moving eyelid so you can have working highbeams.