Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My Car Is Messed Up.. Parts List on Page 3.. Got the car back to

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really nice
My Car Is Messed Up.. Parts List on Page 3.. Got the car back to

Was driving to work today and when getting on the off ramp theres a little bump and when i hit it, i pressed the gas and the car went nowhere and turned off.. i pulled over to started it and it started up then shut off by itself.. The car wont stay started and i have no clue what the problem is.. Im guessing its the throttle position sensor isnt reading any gas for some reason.. Its at honda right now so hopefully they can whatever it is.. Anybody have suggestion on what it could be, please let me know

I should of posted this in the mechanical thread.. My bad

Last edited by Honda05; 04-14-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough
Re: My Car Is Messed Up!!!

Did you check the timing belt? I've heard a lot of stories of "My car just shut off" and it ends up being that.
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

Honda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really niceHonda05 is just really nice

Never even thought of that..its just weird how it would shut off after hitting a bump
Old 04-11-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

wow i have no idea, fuel or oil starvation comes to mind if the bump was big, but thats kinda unlikely. it does sound like a timing issue maybe the belt skipped a tooth.
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

i was talking to the guy at honda and he said it could be the throttle postion sensor but i dont think the bump would of messed that up.. It could be a fuel pump issue to
Old 04-11-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ya theres no way. tps is securely fastened to the throttle body. it doesnt just shake loose or you will have big problems.
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

02civicg5 will become famous soon enough

you should check if your getting spark or fuel.... does are some things that come to mind... map sensor when they go bad that tends to happen or ive even heard a o2 sensor.. true story
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

im getting spark for sure.. the car cranks and everything it just doesnt stay started lol.. im not a mechanic so im just saying **** lol.. i will know by monday
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough

Check the belt... if that's what it is, then cranking the car is just increasing the likelyhood of doing more damage. The bump might have just been a freak thing that caused it to go...either way though that's a little wierd. Hopefully that's not what it is! How many miles does the car have? Has the belt ever been done?
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

This is my second engine cause i hydrolocked the first one but this engine i got with only 40k on it
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

wallydude03 will become famous soon enough

sounds like a fuel problem to me
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

im guessing maybe the fuel pump
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

wallydude03 will become famous soon enough

When your about to start the car listen to the fuel pump. Your car may be running on gas vapors thats why your car shuts off because the fuel pressure falls and the car stalls. Thats what i would assume from your problem
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

otbexige is an unknown quantity at this point

When the timing belt on my old integra went out, it was after i backed out of the drive way and happened right as the car hit the road. I have a bit of bump from the driveway to the road. It started to crank a few times but wouldn't turn. Noise from the starter got weaker and weaker so I thought it was that. Turns out, it was the timing belt. Fixed it myself for $55 which was the cost of the belt. It ended up eating a few of the belt notches and was way off track when I took of the valve cover. Hope its not the timing belt in your case cause they aren't exactly easy to replace but it can be done with the proper tools and time. And of course, a few beers
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by otbexige
When the timing belt on my old integra went out, it was after i backed out of the drive way and happened right as the car hit the road. I have a bit of bump from the driveway to the road. It started to crank a few times but wouldn't turn. Noise from the starter got weaker and weaker so I thought it was that. Turns out, it was the timing belt. Fixed it myself for $55 which was the cost of the belt. It ended up eating a few of the belt notches and was way off track when I took of the valve cover. Hope its not the timing belt in your case cause they aren't exactly easy to replace but it can be done with the proper tools and time. And of course, a few beers
haha a few beers.. Sweet.. If thats the case im gonna have honda do it and my parents are gonna pay for it cause the car is in there name lol..
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

lucky you. 23 and your parents still repair your car! lol. take off the timing belt covers and check it out. take out a coil pack 1 by 1 and with an extra spark plug check to see if you ahve spark at each coil pack.
Old 04-12-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

same thing happened to my 2002 accord. i blew the fuel pump.
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

darrenladoucer is an unknown quantity at this point

ok. so let me get this right... your will start but not stay running? i have known a couple guys this happened to. it's the fuel pump safety switch. sometime if you hit a pothole or something pretty hard, the car thinks you flipped it over and automatically shuts the fuel pump off.
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

^ That's not a bad idea...I'm not sure if 7th gens have that feature, or how you can reset it. Maybe Gearbox knows?
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

ok so its either fuel pump/switch or timing belt
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

d_lo77 is an unknown quantity at this point

cant be timing belt cuz the car starts. if it was the timing belt u probably need a new engine cuz its an interference engine. i think only ford has the feature where theres a fuel pump inertia switch but if honda uses it this wouldnt be the case cuz the engine starts. i would probably think its a fuel pump too or maybe a vacuum line popped off or somethin
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

It still might have jumped a tooth like gear said. I don't think a vacuum line would have shut down the car while running...maybe made the idle rough, but it would probably still run. As for the fuel pump switch I *think* I heard of a CR-V having the switch tripped by driving the back tire over a 1ft high wall.
Old 04-13-2009
Registered!!

Re: My Car Is Messed Up.. And The Problem is on Page 2 or 3

Well i got a call from honda today and the problem was the timing belt crank.. So i have to get that replaced and get a new belt.. Parts and labor is gonna cost me 610 bucks..
Old 04-13-2009
Registered!!

Re: My Car Is Messed Up.. And The Problem is on Page 2

Ouch... did the belt actually break? I'm confused by what the timing belt crank means...

Hopefully no valvetrain damage!
Old 04-13-2009
Registered!!

I have no idea what the crank is but im guessing its something that helps start the timing belt.. As far as the valvetrain, i wont know until they start the car up..
Old 04-13-2009
Premium Member

prolly a bad crank position sensor. tells the ecu how the engine (crank) is moving. the car wont run without it and hopefully no engine damage. replacing the sensor is basically as much labor as changing the timing belt, even if the belt is fine.
Old 04-13-2009
Registered!!

oh ok now i know.. Yeah it must be a bitch to do since its gonna cost me 610 bucks
Old 04-13-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

you could have knocked the teeth off the crank gear I have done that before car wont run
Old 04-13-2009
Registered!!

Yeah thats probably what happened. im not exactly sure
Old 04-14-2009
Registered!!

ok heres the parts they had to replace:

Timing Belt
Position Sensor
Belt, COM- whatever this is
Water Pump
Coolant
Tensioner

Parts Cost 249
Labor cost 305
Then tax so total is 609

Quick Reply: My Car Is Messed Up.. Parts List on Page 3.. Got the car back to