Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Biesy's Roach (92 hatch)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrBiesy is an unknown quantity at this point
Biesy's Roach (92 hatch)

whats up ladies and gents?! I have some enthusiastic questions that hopefully yall can give me some enthusiastic answers to. I have a *92 hatch< w/99 b16- a2 swap,17" aluminum rims, skunk2 manafold(replica), gsr shifter and computer, custom wire-harness(w/short)* im thinkin 99 crv head with racing cams and new pullies. but i haven't any real idea if thats the way to go. Trying to keep it natural until I can afford "The Turbo". Please give me insight! So i may have the knowledge and wisdom... Thanks
Old 01-08-2009
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough
Re: Biesy's Roach (92 hatch)

put your b16 head on a b20 block and keep the b16 tranny. No one really does it the way you are talking about. It should make 150 to 155whp without other mods.

Last edited by ProjectMayhemR; 01-08-2009 at 10:42 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 01-08-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

With a few mods I have seen that combo make 200whp but I have also heard reliability is an issue but dont know first hand.
Old 01-09-2009
Registered!!

off the top of my head i cant recall, the b20 block is easily attained out of which vehicle? i have a 91 integra gs with a bad tranny, what block is that? would any parts be usefull out of it? just thinking out loud. I originally wanted to put that front end on my hatch,, but without the know how or the funds I'm out of luck. I'd like to get 'The Roach' in tip top by the beggining of summer. (fyi) Thanks for the help. keep it up
Old 01-09-2009
Registered!!

mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about

b20 is outta a crv.
Old 01-09-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

looks like you got lots of learning to do son. lol. half those questions can be answered by a quick google search. and whoever built your car is on crack. i dont think there is any reason for him to swap out the b16 head for the b20 besides more flow, which can be easily fixed by a port job.. there is no vtak on the b20 also.

get the high comp b20, slap a gsr or b16 head on there and call it.
Old 01-09-2009
Registered!!

twitchit is an unknown quantity at this point

how deep are your pockets?
Old 01-10-2009
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

off the top of my head i cant recall, the b20 block is easily attained out of which vehicle? i have a 91 integra gs with a bad tranny, what block is that? would any parts be usefull out of it? just thinking out loud. I originally wanted to put that front end on my hatch,, but without the know how or the funds I'm out of luck. I'd like to get 'The Roach' in tip top by the beggining of summer. (fyi) Thanks for the help. keep it up
The engine that should been in that car is B18A1, it is a 1.8 liter DOHC non vtec motor. The block could be used with your B16 head.
Old 01-12-2009
Registered!!

Thanks for the help everyone. I have an 96 audi a4 i may sell for 5000. could use all that to put into it. Any recomendations?
Old 01-12-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

5k can go miles in a honda. if your goin all motor b series you can probably hit the 200whp mark easily with 5k. if your goin boost oh man. you can prob hit the 400horsepower mark with 5k easily. low comp b20 block, b16 head, port job, new intake mani, block guard, injectors, fuel pump. slap a turbo on it and you will hit at least the 350whp mark. my buddy has pretty much the same set up i explained except a b18 bored to 2.0 with sleeves, 8.8 comp pistons w/ eagle rods, edelbrock intake mani, hondata s300 and a ghetto t3/t4 set up turbo and he hit 350whp. he could have easily went 600+whp with a bigger turbo. i drove it and 350whp feels really good. DOOO IT.
Old 01-13-2009
Registered!!

Very convincing.. well, instead of two half *** toys why not have one bad *** toy. ok well, I'll hate to see it go cause its just so dang pretty, but i guess the audi is going up for sale, its green, 17" chromies, full body kit creme leather interior. want to buy it for 6,000? just playing man, thanks for the advice. next summer when i have this thing winning some comps, ill hit you up and thank you for convincing me to sell the audi,... unless i change my mind....
Old 01-16-2009
Registered!!

When I do the cosmetis on my hatch im looking to do a black with red flake, carbon fiber hood jdm front bumper and i think thats it. besides the rims that are on there now. and a red ground effect under the back bumper hooked to the tail lights. So im going for a real clean look. Any ideas that would bring that out in a '92 hatch please, Im all ears.