Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Is this the real JDM 7thgen??

Old 10-02-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Is this the real JDM 7thgen??

i see clear headlights with amber bulb, clear SI sidemarkers, and some different rims.

Old 10-02-2008
I like my commute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Is this the real JDM 7thgen??

Looks it.. also powerfolding mirrors
Old 10-02-2008

treva.. is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like the rims could be the ones that come with the "special edition" model
Old 10-02-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

dat iz teh real mackoy
Old 10-02-2008
Registered!!

rjngo will become famous soon enoughrjngo will become famous soon enough

that's the exact civic my friends back home drives
Old 10-02-2008
Registered!!

firetyphoon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

steering wheel give it away
Old 10-02-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

but it doesnt have black projector headlights, a big ol spoiler, sweet chromed out tail lights....that cant be jdm... its a conversion i know it!
Old 10-02-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

it might just be ukdm???? search ebay uk and u'll see the exact same thing.
Old 10-02-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Any shots of the rear would give it away to tell between edm and jdm. Got any others of the car gear?
Old 10-02-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

nope thats all. i guess it could be edm too then.
Old 10-02-2008

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

whats the difference in the rear? edm has fog and jdm doesnt? or tails?
Old 10-02-2008
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all

That would make a cool, cheap project car. I wonder how much it would cost to import one? I cant be that much....i would just slam it, wheels and use it for dd lol
Old 10-02-2008

ok so ive been looking around and i dont even know if the uk got the sedan all i can find are 5 doors and coupes
Old 10-02-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

Basically, take off our side door guards, swap it to RHD, and you got a JDM Civic Ferio... maybe a few interior changes as well, as i see an 04 that has exposed cup holders, and a different radio and an ash tray...maybe just the DX version though...

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car.../?sid=220&pn=0

whenever I want to see REAL japanese cars, i go here:

here ya go Gearbox... REAL JDM used cars for sale!

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car...=2000&jid=2006

or here...

http://www.japaneseusedcars.com/

I'LL TAKE TWO OF THESE AND DRIVE THEM IN THE MORNING!

REP ME?

Last edited by manahoonie; 10-02-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-02-2008
Premium Member

makes me wanna get an RS grill now lol
Old 10-02-2008

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

JDM = RICE????

well, here, YEA!

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car.../?sid=220&pn=1
Old 10-02-2008

is this your future Gearbox?

Old 10-02-2008
Premium Member

haha no i dont like the ambers. and i think plain grill is cleaner. i thought they had clear headlight over in japan tho
Old 10-02-2008
Registered!!

sethro is an unknown quantity at this point

I want those mirrors!!
Old 10-02-2008
Premium Member

me too, would even settle for hybrid folding (non power) but theyre 150 each
Old 10-02-2008

i thought you had power folding mirrors at one point Gearbox!!! wow. and i thought you got them in the group buy a while back. :P
Old 10-02-2008
Premium Member

ha i wish. never had em.
Old 10-02-2008
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough

lol guys seriously? We have the same focking 4 door here so whats the big deal? I thought it was gonna be something drastically different
Old 10-02-2008
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
me too, would even settle for hybrid folding (non power) but theyre 150 each
too bad you didnt grab the powerfolding ones i had for sale...they were even painted SSM!!
Old 10-02-2008
Premium Member

do you have any more stuff? i always miss the good sales

the whole point i was trying to make is, everyone always thinks like jdm is so much better, and they come with boh, amber everything, and yellow fogs. well thats not the case lol
Old 10-02-2008

hey gear check on ebay.co.uk they have cheap folding mirrors and most will ship to the states at low cost. Seems like its worth a try just make sure u get the right ones but im pretty sure i saw sets on there for less than 100 prolly not power folding but the price is right.
Old 10-02-2008
Premium Member

someone got aftermarket folding ones too and they were pretty cheap. i dont really wanna do that in case theres quality problems tho. ive heard of mirror falling off the holder.
Old 10-03-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Last I checked japan did not have a 7th gen coupe or sedan at all.

So JDM on a 7thgen is B.S.

The thing is the 7thgen civic was made at the Dayton, Ohio Plant in the U.S. all the ones in England were shipped over to England from the U.S. plant from what I gather there are some that were shipped over to the Philippines. Now Honda Imported the 01-02's and possibly the 03's over but not the 04-05's.

The UKDM versions have heated leather seats, power folding mirrors (required by the UK), different tail lights, a rear fog in the bumper (also required by UK), I believe that they also don't have the amber pieces in the headlights but I can't remember its been awhile since I have been back over to the UK. Oh and it is tagged over there as the honda civic coupe v-tec(it just has v-tec on the back bumper) not as a DX,LX,EX,or Si.

I don't think they imported the sedan to England but I think they did to the Philippines.

Also the older civic's it was easy to convert to RHD cause the Firewall is flat but it isn't flat in the 7thgen and alot of cutting and reshaping is required to convert and no one has done it yet.

and the EUDM/EDM would be LHD cause they drive on the same side of the road as we do in Europe except in England and Ireland
Old 10-03-2008

Originally Posted by bomerman19
Last I checked japan did not have a 7th gen coupe or sedan at all.

So JDM on a 7thgen is B.S.

The thing is the 7thgen civic was made at the Dayton, Ohio Plant in the U.S. all the ones in England were shipped over to England from the U.S. plant from what I gather there are some that were shipped over to the Philippines. Now Honda Imported the 01-02's and possibly the 03's over but not the 04-05's.
well, i know it's hard to find a pic of a 7thgen civic ferio in japan, seeing how they have a hell of a lot more models to choose from...but as for your comment about the 04-05...you may want to check the following link

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/2005/civic-ferio/

notice/\ 'co.jp'

(and it's got the clear corners for you too gearbox! no amber on the front of this JDM Civic! )

but as for the 01-03s...i'm looking around, so i will update.

http://www008.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rssync/sound-on.html
each kanji link goes to a pic.... (coupe RC car on here as well :P)

(I AM NOT TRYING TO START CRAP HERE...JUST ANSWERING QUESTIONS WITH THE RESEARCH I AM DOING...YES, I AM USING THE SEARCH FUNCTION!)

Last edited by manahoonie; 10-03-2008 at 04:15 AM.
Old 10-03-2008

anyone? huh? no takers?

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car...ype+r/1314720/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this the real JDM 7thgen??