Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Is this the real JDM 7thgen??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is this the real JDM 7thgen??

ok, i have to stop looking there. otherwise i may end up buying a car i can't afford! :P
Old 10-03-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
insomnak8702 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 10-03-2008

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by insomnak8702

http://asia.vtec.net/article/CivicRX/

that civic is for the Thailand and Malaysia market. ALSO, if you read the article, it was shadowed because when that was released, there was also a 7thgen with a k20a in it...

(just so you know, your 'my civic' link in your sig takes you to the celicatech forums, and no one can see the pics of your car there because no one wants to take the time to sign up just to see pics)

Last edited by manahoonie; 10-03-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-03-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

^No I said the 04-05's are not in England they never imported beyond 03 to england there was not enough demand for the car. I lived over there long enough to know.

As far as japan is considered it might be on the website it might just be there to show what cars they do make all over the world I don't know they do things a little differently over there but I have never actually seen one in japan myself and never seen any one from japan post about a credible 7thgen civic. and I know there is no aftermarket JDM specific parts for the car. the reality of the matter is most people in japan won't waste there time trying to upgrade a car like the civic to them it's a piece of **** with a weak chasis. If they do touch it it will only be the top of the line. where in England the civic is regarded as a higher end luxury car and a type R will come out to costing you about 45 thousand U.S. dollars.

different places different worlds.
Old 10-03-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

oh and if you want headlights with out the amber piece in them just open them up and take it out it pops right out and it will look the same as the pics posted up on the first page
Old 10-03-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

wow that boh up there is terrible
Old 10-03-2008

Originally Posted by bomerman19
oh and if you want headlights with out the amber piece in them just open them up and take it out it pops right out and it will look the same as the pics posted up on the first page
um, yeah. many people have done that before already...
Old 10-03-2008

that's actually stock for a civic model in Malaysia
Old 10-03-2008

As far as japan is considered it might be on the website it might just be there to show what cars they do make all over the world I don't know they do things a little differently over there but I have never actually seen one in japan myself and never seen any one from japan post about a credible 7thgen civic.
using yahoo's babelfish, i translated a page of the website for you, since you didn't seem to care to check it out too much for yourself...

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate

CLICK on 'Type & Price'

you will see that it shows trim models, AND announces prices for each (IN YEN)
Old 10-03-2008
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice

http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/past/c...rio/index.html

check this site out it has a pic of the 04-05 civic pure jdm-ness lol
Old 10-04-2008

Originally Posted by ragingSPAM
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/past/c...rio/index.html

check this site out it has a pic of the 04-05 civic pure jdm-ness lol
yeah, i found a similar pic somewhere on the site. nice to know someone else is taking a chance and looking! but i know there are those too who will be quick to disagree *cough *cough

As far as japan is considered it might be on the website it might just be there to show what cars they do make all over the world
Old 10-04-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

honda access lol, thats where my door sills came from. my car has more jdm than i thought
Old 10-04-2008

and I have the visors!
my list:

JDM knock-off tails (red/clear)
JDM knock off side mirrors (folding, but not hooked to power fold)
JDM Honda Access Visors

oh yeah

JDM coin holder
JDM CTR Rear Upper Strut Bar

Last edited by manahoonie; 10-04-2008 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-04-2008

well, i don't know if it matters to some here, but i just talked to my friend's sister who has been living there with her husband for the past 3 years, and they confirmed that they see them all the time (7th gen CIVIC FERIO)

i asked for pics, not that they'd be different than pics we've already seen, but just some on the streets in Japan....instead of inside a wherehouse
Old 10-04-2008
Registered!!

Your Missing the point they might have the car over in Japan but it is still made in ohio and then shipped over there. So it kinda defeats the whole purpose of JDM. It like the CRV all the CRV's are now made in the England Plant, all the S2000's are made in one of the Japan Plants and all the 7thgen coupes and Sedans were made at the Ohio plant. the Only thing on a 7thgen that is JDM is the transmission because that is assembled separately in one of the plants in japan and then shipped over to the U.S. to be added in on the assembly line.

It's more cost effective for Honda to make all of one type of car at one plant and ship it out to the rest of the world than instead of trying to make the same car at a bunch of different plants all over the place.

They try to make the car in the area of the world were it is most likely to sell. Take for instance the ep3 the first year it came out it had 4 lug wheels then all of a sudden it switched up to 5 lug wheels. The Reason: Honda thought it would do well in the U.S. market cause there was such a demand for a hatch-back from honda at the time. But it flopped BAD! and they sent a some over to England and it did great it turned into this huge cult car kinda like the ford cosworth or focus RS. So Honda shut down the line and moved it to england when they re-opened up the line they were putting out everything from 1.3 to 1.7 to diesel to the 2.0 type R motor into the EP3 chassis and since it is easier to make everything standard they just switched everything over to 5-lug when they re-opened the line back up.

And why should I waste my time going on to honda's website it's nice but they really doesn't tell you that much except stuff like interior and exterior features. I got 2 really good friends that work for honda Corporate out in Cali and 1 friend out in Chicago that used to work for honda, who they were going to put in charge of all of the distribution for all the parts to all the dealerships in the mid west. So I get all the Dirt on Honda America and alot of dirt on Honda International

So I say again IMO JDM on a 7thgen civic coupe or sedan is total bullshit!
Old 10-04-2008
Registered!!

If you see a Ford mustang in Japan are you going to say how JDM that mustang is.....

Probably not LOL!!!!
Old 10-04-2008

1) he wasn't asking about where they are made...

2) they are made in TWO places... Ohio, USA AND Ontario, Canada. (there was even a discussion a while back, where some people said that their VINs started with 'JHM'...know what that means?)

3) we already know the coupe isn't available in Japan

4)from being on the site, the term 'JDM' 'USDM' 'EDM' 'UKDM' seems to refer to where the car is eventually SOLD to the market...

5) go to ephatch.com. they don't consider their Si Hatches to be UKDM (because they are built in England) They consider them to be USDM. ALL 02-05 Si's were made in England.

so feel free to consider ALL 7th Gens to be USDM then. but you have been mis-informed as to the location of where they are built.

nice to see you love your car so much to shoot it down. ALL Gearbox wanted was to know what the Civics in Japan looked like

Last edited by manahoonie; 10-04-2008 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-04-2008

feel free to look at this thread, even though you probably won't, so I'll say that OVNI_CIVIC stated it best with his post:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ity-built.html

just because it is built in japan doesnt mean its jdm. those built in japan for US market are merely japanese built for the US market specifications.... Only the ones sold into the japanese market, are Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) spec.
here too:

http://www.autohausaz.com/honda-auto...n-numbers.html

Last edited by manahoonie; 10-04-2008 at 04:36 AM.
Old 10-04-2008

give it some time, and it will load. ragingSPAM knows about this... :P

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...n-numbers.html
Old 10-07-2008
Registered!!

sethro is an unknown quantity at this point

Found another pic of a JDM civic on ebay :

Old 10-09-2008
Registered!!

kuNhoHan will become famous soon enough

Old 10-09-2008
Premium Member

woot for ferio!

Old 10-09-2008

we may need to get a 'FERIO' section going...NOT a coupe. NOT a sedan. BUT a FERIO section!
Old 10-09-2008
Premium Member

i bet those steelies would polish up real nice too
Old 10-09-2008

BLING BLING! haha

there's actually a 5th gen civic around my area that has cromed or polished steelies....for some reason though, i don't think it looks too bad. but i am on steelies/hubs
Old 10-09-2008
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

I'm putting mine on in couple of weeks

snow tires FTW though
Old 10-09-2008
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice

man that was a long time ago...2005...but seriously out of my post i barely remember that one lol...steelies FTW...i got a set on mine...looking for si's or 04-ex wheels
Old 10-09-2008
Premium Member

my car looks the same except with better rims and fogs lol. and hids. their side moldings are weird too like someone smooshed em

Originally Posted by sethro
Found another pic of a JDM civic on ebay :

Old 10-09-2008
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
do you have any more stuff? i always miss the good sales
Not really, but I still have a SSM sedan upper grill, chrome trunk trim, and those 01-03 TDM tails (all for sale).
Old 10-09-2008

wow! your TDM tails may be like the JDM ones... just from what i've seen in pics, i always thought that the TDM and JDM tails were like ours, with a RED turn signal...
http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car...ferio/1414589/

looking at this JDM Ferio, you can see they have the same tails...

and the side molding you're refering to Gearbox i think was just stuck on, since the Ferio doesn't come with door bumpers

Last edited by manahoonie; 10-09-2008 at 09:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Is this the real JDM 7thgen??