So it begins... - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2008   #1  
Registered!!

FieralDS is an unknown quantity at this point
So it begins...

Hey all
I'm new here, so might as well get everyone accquainted .

BTW, if the pics dont work for you, just check out my Cardomain page, all the same pics except for the front bumper i plan on putting on
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3140561

So recently i've gotten ahold of a relatives...abused i should say...1995 Civic Ex...so i see a project coming...and boy do i have ideas. i started out with an unlucky week. The week before i accquired the civic, my Brother-in-Law (the owner) was picking up his new ride, and he had the Civic parked out on the street. It was late and he wasn't going to be able to pick it up later that night, so he was gunna get it 2 days later. So he comes back 2 days later to the civic having been hit with no note left
...anyhow, there wasnt much damage done, but as you can see, the drivers side rear end was kinda beat up

so with that all in mind...and seeing how pitiful the engine bay was...i was inspired...

I felt that it was time to take this car beyond how it was originally made.
....kinda... lol

This car has kinda turned into my daily driver so this is what im tryin to do.

1. Make it look cool and clean- This car has the worst carpet you have ever seen in a civic....needs to go. paint job is losing its clear coat in multiple places, so the paints gunna change too. Aftermarket headlights are being added soon as well for both saftey, and cosmetic reasons. the stock headlights really dont cut it for driving at night.

2. Make it sound mean, yet not murder my gas milelage- I enjoy getting 34 mpg, so i dont want to utterly kill that beautiful number. A Cat back is currently # 3 on the list (after headlights and Carpet).

3. Coordinate everything- this kinda goes along witht eh first one, but im gunna be slowly picking apart this car piece by piece, and replacing key parts with a coordinated color scheme. Current plan is that the exterior is going to be a Metallic Midnight Blue (perhaps a lighter shade of blue) with a Blue-Grey interior (for ease of keeping at least some things in the interior stock).

4. Keep it a Budget Build- All of this is going to be *attempted* to be done at as low as price as possible without looking like junk. Some people might just think im crazy, but its kinda hard to do all of this working part time and going to school. I also intend to do everything that i am capable of doing myself, and learning how to do more along the way.

So far i havent done much, but i've installed the rear tailights, i replaced the Head unit for my sound system (i completely redid the wiring harness) and replaced the back Speakers.

These are the old speakers

And the New

As for plans for the future...well, you caught on to a few, but later down the road,a *gasp* yes... a body-kit is in store...Specifically this one (for the front bumper)

so now you guys know...

before i head on out, i have a few questions for yall.

1) Anyone know a good place to get some aftermarket Rear seats? I have a feeling in order to do what i want to, im gunna hafta modify some out of a junkyard myself, and have them re-upholstered.

2) Im in CA, so in order to keep my Civic Street legal, i'm going to hafta go with a Turbo that is CARB approved. ATM the only one i know about is the Edelbrock Preformance X Turbocharger Kit....anyone know of any others that are CARB approved? (and relatively inexpensive?)

well....i got a long road ahead of me...but if i accomplish all i want to...heck, thats one thing that i can brag about doing later...Completely Redoing my 1995 Civic Ex to a good, clean car....all at the age of 16

haha anyhow, thanks!

-DJ

P.S. ...so everyone needs an inspiration, right? well....this is my inspirationhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/3048388

Last edited by FieralDS; 08-31-2008 at 09:34 PM.
FieralDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #2  
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So it begins...

Welcome! The link is dead...
2005EM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #3  
Registered!!

sorry bout the link, here is the one without the extra Http://

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3140561

The original post links were fixed as well

-DJ
Old 08-31-2008   #4  
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the site, there are definitely a lot of resources to use here.

the patch panel looks pretty good. what kind of headlights are you going with? have you thought about doing a retrofit into some stockers?
HonCiv02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008   #5  
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

stock is the way to go
kcari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #6  
Registered!!

Well, honestly, i think the 2 piece headlights are....bland. I know that im gunna get hate mail for doing things along these lines, but single piece, black housing HID Angel Eye lights always make me stare.

this, im gunna prolly be going with something along the lines of http://www.neweggmall.com/Product/20...0/product.html.

Besides how they look, from the ones i've seen in person, they really provide a better light coverage....plus....they match my taillights lol.

anyhow, things prolly wont get too crazy beyond that. As i mentioned previously, i want clean and cool... for me, single piece headlights are much cleaner than 2 piece.

-DJ
Old 09-01-2008   #7  
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

dude why such a huge body kit .. build something clean Imo
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #8  
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough

You think driving at night is bad now? Wait till you put those projectors in, the light output sux ***. Stay stock and do a retrofit. If you cannot afford a retrofit or have the skill to do so then you can always get a a plug and play kit. True they are not as good as a retrofit but they are better than stock and way better than those projectors. As for the body kit, that thing is huge and kinda ricey since I see no real plans for improving engine performance so tone it down a little. I do like the paint scheme and the rims are ok but will only look good with a drop, is that in your future plan? Also that civic on car domain is riced to all hell its all show and no go. It may get good reviews on car domain but if it were posted on a civic forum it'd get torn to shreds. Think more along the lines of a sleeper, you'll get way more respect if you have a stock looking civic that's quick as opposed to a quick looking civic that's stock.

Last edited by joe6680; 09-01-2008 at 02:50 AM.
joe6680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #9  
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

1) Replace the carpet inside the car. You can do this yourself. Just take all the interior parts outs (except maybe the dash) and replace the carpet accordingly. Keep it stock grey or black.

2) Get rid of those taillights. Get stock tail lights or the half red half white ones. For head lights, again stay stock but find a good set of HIDs.

3) Get a good set of shocks (tokico, kyb, koni) with some lowering springs, or a good set of coilovers.

4) get a decent set of 15x6.5 or 16x7 wheels with some good tires.

5) engine - Intake, header, exhaust, sparks, spark plug wires and call it a day. Don't invest a lot in your engine. Stay with your 34mpg.

6) Paint - I have to say that if you lower it and clean it up a bit, paint it a good color.

Most people with hit you with "you are all show and no go" or "you are all go and no show" If you keep the car clean (in mostly stock form with minor mods) and have some minor mods for the engine, they can't bitch about either and you have a clean car that is moderately modified to meet your tastes. That civic you posted is a piece of crap, not to mention the ILLEGAL parts. Granted, he did put a lot of work into that car, but personally I would rather see a clean car roll down the road than a massively modded one

This is what you should be aiming for IMO
Here an EH (clean, mostly stock looking)

1993 hatch and 1995 coupe
http://www.godriven.net/Site/index.p...d=36&Itemid=61

Last edited by robbclark1; 09-01-2008 at 09:02 AM.
robbclark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #10  
Registered!!

ok...so i was doin my research last night and found out, hey! the supplier for the body kit was being evasive, its straight fiberglass.... /fail...

anyhow, that throws that one out the window.

and you guys are prolly right. That bumper anyways looked a bit....overboard. im tryin to see what else is available that might look decent and less...ricey i guess...i still want something that you dont see on every other 92-95 civic out there...to make it unique (as best i can). Anyone have opinions on the R33/R34 front bumpers? i may, after what yall are saying, go with something simple, like a carbon fiber front lip.

As for the headlights, i'll look into retrofitting em but i just need to do more research.

thanks all for the input. everything yall are saying makes some sense to me, specially about having too many mods :P

anyhow, i asked this on another forum post, but ATM, my carpet is the light grey color (you can prolly tell from the pic with the newly installed rear speakers), but i am replacing the carpet kit. Would you guys advise going to a slightly darker color? i was thinking a charcoal grey.

thanks again for all the input.
Old 09-01-2008   #11  
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

darker grey is good.

Just get a lip kit, please!! R33/R34 is just way overboard. A lot of us have been in the game for awhile and we know that sometimes, simpler (yet quality) is better, especially on a 16 year old's budget.
robbclark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #12  
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for you ROBBCLARK!
2005EM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008   #13  
Registered!!

Ok, so anyone got a good site for grabbin a front and maybe rear lip?