General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Accident 2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Accident 2008

Well, I was having a good day today because I was finally able to hang out with my lady. We had lunch in Long Beach and were talking about work, politics, and such. After our little lunch, I headed back towards LBCC (long beach city college) and I was waiting for a parking spot near where my girlfriend had parked. Of course, I had my hazard lights on and there was a fella who was coming out on my right up ahead.

BAM! I saw a big black SUV on my left side view mirror and I shift into park and then this is where the bad part begins... her '99 Mercedes-Benz ML 320 vs. my '05 Honda Civic

I come out and this lady parks (I actually thought she was going to take off! lol) and she said, "OH! Looks like we both backed up into each other." (No bitch.. she backed out from her parking space).
I replied, "Uhh, no ma'am. I was here with my hazard lights on trying to get that empty parking spot up ahead. You backed up into my car."

I looked at my car and she was just staring at me and I said, "Damn! Not again!" I've about 3 cracks and the bumper is sticking out. Not too bad, but she pissed me off.

^Didn't take the right rear corner pic, but the car didn't have any damage.

^Not much damage, but I love this car so much!

Then, she gets all crazy trying to say that I was backing up. It was clearly her fault. Doesn't matter if you ride is tall and that my ride is lowered, it is STILL HER RESPONSIBILITY to make sure that the lot is empty before backing out.

She kept yelling at me and gave me this really annoying childish attitude (she's like in her late 30s to early 40s), so instead of getting the paperwork right away, I called the cops and then decided to get her paper (insurance and whatnot) with the presence of the cop (yeah, dumb idea of waiting, but she wasn't going anywhere and she was really pissing me off). She continued with her jibberish about how my car was parked and that I was backing up. hahaha. What a lunatic. During the yell, my lady comes in between us while the lady was bitching and had said, "All right! Both of you relax!" Then the lady looks at me and says, "Yeah!" haha! My lady looks at her and said, "Look, lady. He didn't raise his voice at you nor did he give you an attitude like yours. Please calm down. No need to yell."

I swear, at this point I wanted to slap the **** out of her so bad, but I wouldn't do that, because I know her husband probably does that to her. I'll let him do that ****. (I don't hit females lol)

During the wait, I went up to the guy who had taken my spot (the one spot I was waiting for ) and had asked him if he saw the accident. Unfortunately, he didn't, but I asked him if he can give me his information that I was originally going to take the spot and that I had my hazard lights on. He was very cool with me and he even signed it at the bottom, along with a written explanation that I was going to take the spot and that I was waiting for it with my hazard lights on.

The cop came (maybe a sheriff.. don't remember) and he basically wrote everything for us. At the end of the information exchange, he asked what had happened. The dumb lady started to say something, but was stuttering (like she had a **** in her mouth or something) and shuts up and I interrupted and said, "Officer, I was waiting for the parking space right here with my hazard lights on, and then all of a sudden her black Mercedes backed up into my car. She was saying that I backed up. I even have a person's information who saw that I had my hazard lights on and that I was waiting for the parking spot."

Funny, because the dumbass lady kept her mouth shut. Come to think of it, I believe she started her attitude and her constant yelling and shouting towards me because she had realized that she lost this case, so perhaps she wanted me to boil with anger and frustration and to strike her. Don't know. Not sure.

It was her time to speak and I don't clearly remember what she had said, but she made the most ****ing retarded statement to all of us (5 people). Dumbass said, "I looked back and I saw his car and assumed that he was going to drive up forward and I backed up and I hit him." She made a complete *** goblin out of herself!

The cop said that that was clearly her fault, but since he isn't the insurance adjuster or whatever, that he couldn't really say who won. But, he did say and imply that it was her fault. Now, before the cop left, he did say we had a choice of handling this situation with insurance or through local body shops on our own. He did mention that her premium will increase and that mine may increase as well. Why would my premium increase, assuming that it was her fault?? and can I sue my insurance company if I win and the premium increases???

The cop called me over to confirm that my car was actually mine. He then said, "Jonathan? I need you over here."
The lady: "Great! I'll have to see this!" She thought it was something bad and was glad that I might be caught for something.
The cop: "I need you to remove that paper to see your VIN number. Why do you have it covered?"
Me: "I'm a member of civicforums.com and I have read an article that people have been illegally obtaining copies of other owner's keys to steal cars." haha! civicforums FTW!!
Cop: "Ohhh, okay. It's okay."

Since the childish lady gave me a living hell at that moment, I decided to make her life somewhat hellish by calling up my insurance company to report the accident. I had given all the details and had mentioned about my witness (my girlfriend) and the guy who had seen me waiting for the parking spot. I did mention about the cop saying that she pretty much lost the case and the lady over the phone did say that that may be a big factor towards winning a case, but that there was no guarantee. The lady over the phone asked, "Did he mention that it was her fault to you or to everyone?" I said, "Everyone, including her."

My car is bad luck or something.. almost every year, I've been getting an accident or two.

Thanks for reading and I apologize for the lack of organization.

Last edited by 2005EM2; 09-26-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

FROSTY90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Accident

Accidents Suck. I Was Rear Ended Last Week/ My Em2 Wsn't So Lucky. It Was Totaled By The Insurance. Your Premium Should Not Go Up. You Can Take To Small Claims Court For That, And You Could Win. Good Luck Though
Old 09-26-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

damn that sucks.
Old 09-26-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FROSTY90
Accidents Suck. I Was Rear Ended Last Week/ My Em2 Wsn't So Lucky. It Was Totaled By The Insurance. Your Premium Should Not Go Up. You Can Take To Small Claims Court For That, And You Could Win. Good Luck Though
Thank you.
Now, for the small claims court.. is this if I get screwed over by the insurance company?
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all

damn.... **** that lady. wut a bitch. anyways, it doesnt look that bad at all, from the pics u took.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

mickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Accident 2008

women cant drive for ****. sorry about what happen.
Old 09-26-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

Originally Posted by johnbt23
damn.... **** that lady. wut a bitch. anyways, it doesnt look that bad at all, from the pics u took.
For real, man! She was psycho! It's easily repairable, but I'm just going to have to make her pay through insurance. **** her. She deserves it. I'm not going to be searching around in my car, wasting gas to make her pay.
Old 09-26-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

yours looks like it could pop back in, but good thing you didn't do that right then and there....since then she'd try and sneak off then, stating there was no damage...

i though my car was unlucky back in 06-07...

MAR06 - some branches fell on the front during a wind storm...city said tree was healthy...after that, we cut it down
replaced the hood, fenders, and windshield. insurance didn't go up, act of god or something...

AUG06 - mom backed into pass. rear door while we're both parked in the driveway, denting it...parents payed out of pocket to replace door, so her insurance wouldn't go up...although it probably should have (she hit my dad's car in the driver's front corner of the bumper)

JAN07 - i got rear-ended on my way to work, on a nice day...dumbass rearended me at a red light because he thought i was going to run it! i'm sure his insurance company is raping his @$$ now! I don't know all of what eventualy happened to his car, but it looked totaled...he hit me such that he went under me (no braking) missing the rebar and hit the spare tire storage area (square metal box)....damaging his hood, fenders, headlights, windshield, bumper front frame, and probably engine (radiator exposed, smashed in and all...) so he got screwed that morning, even telling the cop that he thought i was going to run the light...it would have just gone to red if i did, so he would have had to gun it, then slam on the brakes just after anyways! (DUMBA$$)
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

like the cop said, he isn't a insurance adjuster..so why would you listen to him about your premiums going up? why would your premium go up when she just admitted guilt.

She said "i hit him". She didn't say thats when the collusion occurred. I doubt your insurance would go up since its 100% her fault. I think it might go up if they ruled for example 70/30..70% her fault and 30% yours or something like that.

Just have your insurance adjuster get the notes from the cop and it should be done deal...good luck.
Old 09-26-2008
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like you hit her. Your insurance premium is going to go up.

Old 09-26-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you shouldve given her **** meat sandwich
Old 09-26-2008
Premium Member

hyper_silver is just really nicehyper_silver is just really nicehyper_silver is just really nicehyper_silver is just really nice

ouch! psycho lady! i'm trying to recall your past accidents... isn't it mostly front/rear bumpers?
Old 09-26-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gearbox
ROFL
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

spudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nice

Your lucky it is only the bumper. If she was in the kitchen that would have never happened.

LBCC? Thats crazy we played them in soccer already.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

try and get her to pay out of her pocket instead of going through insurance
Old 09-26-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

no you can't sue the insurance company, nor would it even be worth it financially or otherwise if you could. premium increases because that's how insurance companies are.
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

colourwolf will become famous soon enough

LOL...thats why I hate soccer moms with huge *** SUVs......I have a couple close calls.

And once i was hit from the back at the same spot twice at the same time by the same blond while i was waiting at the traffic light.

What she said to me and my gf was priceless.

"The light turns green."....lol...WTF
Old 11-19-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

HAHAHAHA
Originally Posted by hyper_silver
ouch! psycho lady! i'm trying to recall your past accidents... isn't it mostly front/rear bumpers?
Yeah... crazy huh? lol

UPDATE: Yesterday, I called up Mercury Insurance (the insurance company of the lady who had backed up into me) to follow up with them to make sure that they received my paper work through fax and some additional information which includes full details in an essay format through mail. Looks like Mercury received it.
I got a call yesterday during class and Mercury left me a message saying that the company will cut me a check for half.... WTF!? None of this was my fault! The lady in the Mercedez backed up into the flow of traffic, which I emphasized on in the letter!!!
Basically, Mercury Insurance told me that I can fight it by giving my insurance (Kemper Independent Insurance Company) a call to fight it. Well, I gave my insurance a call and the lady that I tried to get a hold of is on vacation... just wonderful! She won't be back 'til the 25 of this month.
I hope karma will come back as a big bitch to the lady who backed up into me. That's wrong! Accusing me and then winning half!? **** that. That ain't right. I never backed up into her and both my insurance and her insurance are POS's! They haven't "investigated" **** yet either. How dumb. I'm going to push both insurance to fight for me; Mercury is going to hear from me pretty soon. I'm not going to let her win.
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

can you ask for anyone else at your insurance company to take over for her?

anyways, yeah they know your young, so they figure you might take the cash. Just go with what you just said and fight it. Start getting quotes to from shops...i say go to oem dealerships that do collusion work and get quotes from them.

I think cerritos honda does collusion work..you might want to call and double check.

Tell them to cut you a check for that amount or for them to pay for it to get fix at the shops you want. Don't sign anything until your happy with the amount your receiving.
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

Street Kings will become famous soon enoughStreet Kings will become famous soon enough

Get this taken cared off soon, don't wait on ur insurance lady to come back, get some other agent on this case ASAP. Obviously someone has to be covering her spot while she's on her vacation. Causing delays is equivalent to more loss.
Old 11-19-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yup you need to get your insurance to collect the money sometimes if other insurance is being shady.
Old 11-19-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

yup you need to get your insurance to collect the money sometimes if other insurance is being shady.
Thanks I swear I'm going to leave this POS insurance if they can't help me.
Originally Posted by Street Kings
Get this taken cared off soon, don't wait on ur insurance lady to come back, get some other agent on this case ASAP. Obviously someone has to be covering her spot while she's on her vacation. Causing delays is equivalent to more loss.
I'm going to call up my company right now. Thanks for the help.
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
can you ask for anyone else at your insurance company to take over for her?

anyways, yeah they know your young, so they figure you might take the cash. Just go with what you just said and fight it. Start getting quotes to from shops...i say go to oem dealerships that do collusion work and get quotes from them.

I think cerritos honda does collusion work..you might want to call and double check.

Tell them to cut you a check for that amount or for them to pay for it to get fix at the shops you want. Don't sign anything until your happy with the amount your receiving.
Yeah, I already got a quote over at Nowalk Collision Center of Norwalk Toyota. The bill came out to $655.43 and my insurance deductable is $1000

I'm going to call in right now to my insurance company. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

Oh goodness, I hate leaving voice messages! I can never ever get directly to a human.
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

dryft will become famous soon enough

if you have any general insurance questions, my aunt works for an insurance company and i can just shoot her an email to she if she could assist you. I used her help a lot in my accidents, (and both were paid in full to me! FTW!).
Old 11-19-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

Originally Posted by dryft
if you have any general insurance questions, my aunt works for an insurance company and i can just shoot her an email to she if she could assist you. I used her help a lot in my accidents, (and both were paid in full to me! FTW!).
That would be great! Thanks man. I guess my biggest concern is will I win this case 100% with my insurance on MY side? Um, what else can I do if both insurance says that they see that we're both at fault (me and the lady who backed up into me)? Obviously, I don't find myself at fault at all because she backed up into the flow of traffic from her parking spot. UGH... she blows! Thanks for the help!
Old 11-19-2008

Albertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the insurance company will take the police report as a primary source of legitimate documentation of the accident. If there was an admission of guilt from one side, then it would've been written in the police report.

Obviously, if they are fully at fault, their insurance company should be covering the whole thing. Your insurance adjuster will contact their insurance adjuster and try to work things out, and if they're trying to give you ****, like pay you half, just remember to emphasize the police report.

And if her insurance fully covers damages, there's no reason for your premium to go up, because your insurance didn't pay for it.
Old 11-19-2008
Registered!!

^^^

yup what he said.
Old 11-19-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

Originally Posted by Albertross
Well, the insurance company will take the police report as a primary source of legitimate documentation of the accident. If there was an admission of guilt from one side, then it would've been written in the police report.

Obviously, if they are fully at fault, their insurance company should be covering the whole thing. Your insurance adjuster will contact their insurance adjuster and try to work things out, and if they're trying to give you ****, like pay you half, just remember to emphasize the police report.

And if her insurance fully covers damages, there's no reason for your premium to go up, because your insurance didn't pay for it.
Damn, thanks a whole bunch

So here I go: I never got a police report. I thought I did and I thought it was something that I was able to obtain at a later time by requesting it. I called up the police station in Long Beach like a week or 2 after the incident and their policy is that the police would not write a police report unless 1) there was bodily injuries involved 2) a hit and run and 3) A major collision.

So, I was pretty bummed and forgot to mention that on here. I guess I learned that if I ever get into an accident and I know for sure that it isn't my fault, always report some type of bodily injury, because then, well, you'll probably regret it if you don't report backache/headache/ etc., especially folks that live around here (not sure about the police policies elsewhere).

Thanks for all the help guys. I hope both insurance companies are on my side () and I just don't know. I actually feel dumb, but let this be a learning lesson for those who do not know Long Beach city's police policies for obtaining a police report. *sigh*

Last edited by 2005EM2; 11-19-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-20-2008
Registered!!

mfusco78 is an unknown quantity at this point

i had the same thing happen to me.. i went to pick up my sis pics at this tiny parking lot.. this family gets in their toyota rav4.. im staring out the window and i watch my car get jacked up .. i run outside the guy gets out and my side bumper is stickin out.. i call the cops immediately.. hes tellin me its not bad and pushed my bumper so it clips back in.. i looked at him and told him listen man.. dont touch my car ever.. mother ****er was rubbin his hands all over it and ****.. the cop comess and hes handlin **** and the guys bitch daughter gets out and starts sayin that its my fault for being parked there and that this isnt right and that they shouldnt even have to pay.. this is bullsthi.. the cop got pissed.. told her to shutup and said the kids got noticeable damage.. no matter what it needs your gon hav to pay for it whether insurance or not.. i work for a dealership so i had my boss look at it.. he jacked the price up and for a lil bit of damage i got like 750$.. lol so it ended up[ being good.. i cleaned it up and i couldnt have been happier
Old 11-20-2008
Registered!!

Street Kings will become famous soon enoughStreet Kings will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 2005EM2
Damn, thanks a whole bunch

So here I go: I never got a police report. I thought I did and I thought it was something that I was able to obtain at a later time by requesting it. I called up the police station in Long Beach like a week or 2 after the incident and their policy is that the police would not write a police report unless 1) there was bodily injuries involved 2) a hit and run and 3) A major collision.

So, I was pretty bummed and forgot to mention that on here. I guess I learned that if I ever get into an accident and I know for sure that it isn't my fault, always report some type of bodily injury, because then, well, you'll probably regret it if you don't report backache/headache/ etc., especially folks that live around here (not sure about the police policies elsewhere).

Thanks for all the help guys. I hope both insurance companies are on my side () and I just don't know. I actually feel dumb, but let this be a learning lesson for those who do not know Long Beach city's police policies for obtaining a police report. *sigh*
That's a B.S policy, no matter even if its a small touch up without noticeable damage, the Cops must make a report and shud give u a reference copy in which the other person's information is listed. In ur case it's a pretty bad hit, regardless of u being inside the car or not does not matter since the car is ur Property and someone has tampered with it so that gives u full right to demand justice.

I suggest something like this happens again, u better make sure the cop makes the full report, if he gives u snarky remarks, demand him to make one since he's a public servant. They get lazy if they see a minor accident because they have to do paperwork but if ur pushy they sure will.

Last edited by Street Kings; 11-20-2008 at 08:34 PM.