Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

This is driving me crazy!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
miami_em2 will become famous soon enough
This is driving me crazy!!

I recently changed my alt that gave out on me and ever since the motor shakes erratically. And only when the ac is on. Dont know what to do
Old 08-29-2008
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
Re: This is driving me crazy!!

check the motor mounts, typical cause
Old 08-29-2008
Registered!!

how do i do that?
Old 08-29-2008
Registered!!

hypnotic20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Look at the motor mounts and check for cracks in the rubber part.
Old 08-30-2008
Registered!!

dj_cronic_metal will become famous soon enoughdj_cronic_metal will become famous soon enough

also look for tears
Old 08-30-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Oh check it out, I recently replaced a motor mount on my car, I'll show you a pictures in this other thread of what it'll look like if it's broken...(brb)
Old 08-30-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

That's weird, I thought I posted more pictures, well there's one:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...tor-mount.html
Old 08-30-2008
A long winded 7th genr

well the thing you're going to want to think about also, is to tell you the truth, if it was your motor mount, then your engine would be shaking the same way before you replaced the alternator. Unless you broke a motor mount after you replaced the alternator.

Sooooo i donno.
Old 08-30-2008
Registered!!

I just looked at it and one motor mount is badly torn. It probably did happen after the alt swap
Old 08-30-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Cool cool, well yeah I mean, with all the horsepower you added with the new alternator, what like 70-80 extra horses? Yeah that'll tear the motor mount.

Old 08-30-2008
Registered!!

pacotaco is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah on the 7th that front motor mount right behind the radiator that one breaks alot that what the guys at honda say thats one of the most replaced motor parts you can buy those inserts that stiffen them up it will usaly prevent it from breaking again it might add a little vibration but it will probably be unnoticable. which motor mount is broken left right rear or front?
Old 08-30-2008
A long winded 7th genr

^The motor mounts you can get are called polyurethane motor mount inserts. Energy suspension makes them for our cars

http://www.directtuning.com/store/pc...USPENSION.aspx

The don't add vibration. They actually reduce it. I'm going to be getting some very soon.
Old 08-31-2008
Registered!!

pacotaco is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eyger
^The motor mounts you can get are called polyurethane motor mount inserts. Energy suspension makes them for our cars

http://www.directtuning.com/store/pc...USPENSION.aspx

The don't add vibration. They actually reduce it. I'm going to be getting some very soon.
they do add a little we have them in my bros car instead of the mounts giving and shaking it transfurs the energy to the frame