Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

my luck sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: my luck sucks!!!

ya i know. ive been hit too on the street when i just put my brand new oem lip on, someone back into and scraped the whole side of it then took off as the alarm was going. i was right outside too but by the time i ran after then the guy was too far away for me to read any plate. i think he tried to parallel park and there was not enough room for him (almost two car lengths of empty space). i almost got wreckless driving too but cop was being a *****. for taking a corner too fast, even tho there was no tire squeal or lane drift. it was in TN actually. those cops are complete douches. oh yeah and ive had someone put a whole beer bottle under my rear tire. lucky i saw it cause i usually check around my car to make sure nothing happened. oh i backed into a pole once at a meet, multiple speeding tickets (one in school zone), pulled over for neons, fog lights, no seatbelt, got rear ended $8k in damages, hmm what else.
Old 04-15-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
ya i know. Ive been hit too on the street when i just put my brand new oem lip on, someone back into and scraped the whole side of it then took off as the alarm was going. I was right outside too but by the time i ran after then the guy was too far away for me to read any plate. I think he tried to parallel park and there was not enough room for him (almost two car lengths of empty space). I almost got wreckless driving too but cop was being a *****. For taking a corner too fast, even tho there was no tire squeal or lane drift. It was in tn actually. Those cops are complete douches. Oh yeah and ive had someone put a whole beer bottle under my rear tire. Lucky i saw it cause i usually check around my car to make sure nothing happened. Oh i backed into a pole once at a meet, multiple speeding tickets (one in school zone), pulled over for neons, fog lights, no seatbelt, got rear ended $8k in damages, hmm what else.
fog lights?
Old 04-15-2009
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute

dammit son...i feel ur pain...wen **** starts to go bad, it all goes bad. on page 1 of this thread, i can relate to ur frustration...u do all u can to maintain what u got to keep it in tip top shape, then the cookie starts to crumble. well, when u ever...and i say EVER decide to depart from ur car (which i hope for all our sakes u don't, cause u got one of the cleanest 7th gen sedans) keep us posted when u put your FS thread up! Lol
Old 04-15-2009
Registered!!

mrplow123456 will become famous soon enoughmrplow123456 will become famous soon enough

Wow gear glad to hear you decided to keep the car and stay with us. the site wouldn't be half of what it is now without you. With the tires thing I feel yah. Spent $400 on some new Kuhmo's last year and a week after getting them, I came out from work a 2am and found a screw driven into my front left. Same night, I was carpooling a co-worker home and we were doing 80-85 down the highway, perfectly clear night, came over a hill to see a deer about 250 yds infront of me. Locked up the brakes and the *** end kicked out and I thought I smashed the deers head in with my fuel cap, lmao. I checked the car and no damage but got my tires checked that weekend and from locking up the brakes, I took an 1/8th inch of rubber off on the fronts and the screw, well lets just say it got punched through the tire...I had the whole fixed and eventually had the compressed air replaced with nitrogen and been driving since. The bald spots have since worn to a perfect round, mainly from continuously doing burnouts,oops. And have refused to replace said tires as I want them to last me more then 15 months.

I had an accident as well due to my buddies, thats right someone I know, carelessness. We were on our way to a meet and driving through downtown where it is 25 and he was following me when we came upon a red light. There were 2 cars infront of me and I had to have been sitting there for a good 30 seconds, seems like an eternity now, when he approached me and wasn't paying attention. Needless to say he hit his brakes about 6 inches from my car, the lowered front end of his prelude slid right under the assend and did $3000 worth of damage to the car. I have yet to get the car fully repaired and this happened almost 2 years ago.

I got just as bad of luck as you do and that is why I haven't gotten anything cosmetic for my car. I'm just waiting to wake up some morning to find my windows smashed in, the paint keyed, seats cut with a knife, and everything be missing out of the car. But I know my rims will still be there
Old 04-15-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

lol man yeah thats pretty bad. lucky i never hit a deer, came real close a few times tho. also almost hit rabbit, squirrel, skunk, raccoon, and cat too. i almost hit some drunk students running across the street. driving at night in back country is fun but theres alot of animal running around.
Old 04-15-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

"If it wasn't for luck I would have won every hand."
- Phil Helmuth on winning the World Poker Tour