Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

my luck sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
my luck sucks!!!

so i go to rotate my almost new fuzion tires today (barely has 8k miles on em), and one of the tire has a big bolt in the side! F me. wtf. so there go brand new tires down the . took it to sears before they closed just hoping for a miracle, but ofcourse they cant patch it since its in the sidewall. oh and this is the one time i dont have road hazard warranty from tirerack cause i never used it before. so yeah im screwed, literally. another $150+ for two new front cheapie tires yay. lets see what happens next. i guess i should be a lil happy i found out before the big road trip.
Old 07-24-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: my luck sucks!!!

WTF IS GOING ON WITH THIS STUPID SITE??? WHERE DID ALL THE FIVE POSTS DISAPPEAR TO. WOW THIS IS REALLY PUSHING IT. fsjkdlfkj
Old 07-24-2008
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

lol, total crap
Old 07-24-2008
Premium Member

lets see if my second oem lip comes in next week without hammer marks all over it. im seriously retiring this car when i drive home. theres a problem every week it seems. i bet when sears puts on the new tires, they will break off some of the studs. those things looked so rusted i thought they would fall off when i touched them. and the back rim wouldnt even seat on the hub, i had to force it on by tightening down the lug nuts for some reason. now when the new tires come in, sears is gonna have to rebalance them, and they are gonna do a stupid job putting the weights on, so im gonna have to pull them all off and restick them myself so it lasts more than a week of driving, then i have to retorque all the lug nuts cause they wont tighten them properly. why the hell is it so hard to find a decent shop these days. the only reason im even taking it to sears is they are the only ones who can actually balance the wheel properly so it doesnt shake. but they cant do anything else right and neither can other shops. oh yea and then its gonna feel like im driving on ice again for the next 3k miles while the new tread wears down. damn car. i cant believe how many problems continually happen to this piece. how are other people able to drive pos cars without doing ANYTHING to them and theyre fine, but then heres me looking under the hood every other day, looking at the tires, inspecting everything and replacing parts before they break, and i have constant problems! i feel like if i didnt keep checking stuff and just drove it, the thing would blow up!@

and im getting this close | | to leaving the site for good. it takes five minutes to post a reply. i feel like every time i come here, i wanna punch something

Last edited by gearbox; 07-24-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-24-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
popee will become famous soon enough

Hey,, gearbox,, its aiight,,, man,,,one of the most help full guy on here!!!! everyone runs into problems.... dont leave!
Old 07-25-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Uhoh. We're going to have to start punching babies until the site gets fixed. Don't leave and don't give up gear!
Old 07-29-2008
Premium Member

got the new ones today for the front and had sears put em on, then it rained so i couldnt get the new front lip on or do the tire shine or torque the lug nuts or adjust tire pressure. i cant wait to get out of this place lol. now i have a choice to make, i kept the one good tire, and i also have my stupid donut spare, which is 7 yrs old now. should i keep the good tire, that way if i get stuck i can have tow truck bring me to nearest garage and have the good tire swapped if i get a flat? i really dont think the donut is gonna do me much good as far as solving the problem if something happens. ima try to take both, but i really dont think i can afford the room. i have alot to cram in that car
Old 07-29-2008
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

Find a wheel that can mount the extra tire, take out the donut and throw the extra in the trunk instead. That way you have a lot safer tire should you ever need it.
Old 07-29-2008
Premium Member

hmm good idea i think i may see if i can just buy one rim that way it matches what i have and its only $90 for one...
Old 08-02-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with foos, lets punch babies. I just went out and punched the neighbors baby, the mother kept yelling something about it being innocent and helpless, some garbage like that I couldn't hear her above the baby's intermittent cries....

Maybe that'll fix the site....

Don't give up Gearbox, it feels that much better when you know that you single handedly saved your car from what it could have become.

That reminds me of a story, to make it short, I was rock climbing on an indoor wall, it's the tallest rock wall in the US, and I couldn't reach the top because my arms hurt, but I kept going and finally got to the top and rang the bell. Now I think back and remember that as the time that I didn't give up, and realize that if I never did that I would never have felt what it's like to triumph.

Heh heh, at least your car has paint and a front bumper, I'm not rockin either of those right now!

EDIT: **** YA 1500th POST!!!!
Old 08-02-2008
Premium Member

lol yeah. im glad all these problem happened now instead of two weeks later i would be on the side of the road with a flat tire, dead battery, and bad o2 sensor lol
Old 08-02-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

i still <3 you gearbox!
Old 08-02-2008
Premium Member

yay i feel loved. ima take a bunch of pics and make a roadtrip thread when i get home lol
Old 08-02-2008
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

I thought this thread was going to be about how you burnt out an LED.

But that is pretty shitty luck how it was in the sidewall, just have the wife or girlfriend take care of you, you can always sucker them for a BJ if you have bad luck with your car... Buy Road hazard next time
Old 08-03-2008
Premium Member

yeah figures the one time i dont buy road hazard is the time i actually need it
Old 08-03-2008
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

ooookkkkkayyyyyy....
Old 04-14-2009
Premium Member

bump cause now my rear tire has a screw in it! same set of tires! yay. and this site is having problems yet again. what a coincidence. im starting to think these tires really suck or i just have really bad luck. maybe they can patch this one and i dont end up wasting another $150 for two new tires.
Old 04-14-2009
Premium Member

and the worst part is i have to take it to a shop and they are gonna overtorque the lugnuts and fill the tire with too much air. pisses me off. so when i get home i have to redo the whole thing almost.
Old 04-14-2009
Registered!!

CanadianCivic02 is an unknown quantity at this point

gear box please dont leave lol

your the reason some guys like me are actually on this site,

i swear these em2s are badddd luck
Old 04-14-2009
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about

Damn, bro...I feel your pain! About two years ago I got my first set of wheels for my Civic and put on some nice tires that cost me over 600 bucks. Within 3 months I had 3 screws in different tires--one of those couldn't be repaired--and a bubble in one of the side walls! I then spent another 500 or so dollars for new tires, only to get another flat a few days after I had them mounted and balanced! I just happened to find the flat at 4 o'clock in the morning when I was about to leave for work...no one likes to fix a flat that early in the morning! Fu*k New Jersey roads! It's a conspiracy I say!
Old 04-14-2009
Registered!!

Cleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
so i go to rotate my almost new fuzion tires today (barely has 8k miles on em), and one of the tire has a big bolt in the side! F me. wtf. so there go brand new tires down the . took it to sears before they closed just hoping for a miracle, but ofcourse they cant patch it since its in the sidewall. oh and this is the one time i dont have road hazard warranty from tirerack cause i never used it before. so yeah im screwed, literally. another $150+ for two new front cheapie tires yay. lets see what happens next. i guess i should be a lil happy i found out before the big road trip.
That's terrible dude! If you stop keying my car, I promise I won't put another bolt in your tire. But seriously, think on the bright side. At least you have a car to drive. I think when our peace of mind is founded on material possessions, life will take them from you.

And I probably never told you, but 2 years ago on a saturday night, some black girl in a hyndai drove into the left side of my rear, and then she ran from the scene. I didn't have her plates and my insurance couldn't compensate since there was no evidence. I had to straighten the rear myself and although it looks reasonable, I've got a big dent on the gas tank panel and the bumper beam is sticking up in my trunk.

This car was almost perfect externally until my luck. The best I can do is laugh or shrug.
Old 04-14-2009
Premium Member

wtf man. people are crazy. yeah a screw in the tire is not a big deal. it just sucks tho but ima take the rim off myself and just drive to a shop in moms car. i think about how much easier it would be if i drove a POS with rusty and peeling paint, and messed up everything, then i wouldnt have to worry about whos gonna dent it or throw something or steal it. i wouldnt even wash it lol. and i would keep driving with the screw in the tire til it popped. because who cares what happens to it. with the civic, im constantly worried, fixing things, now i notice tons of rust all over the bottom and some in the painted wheel wells, i mean i cant worry too much but it feels like i have to cause i wanna keep it looking and running nice.

and +1 for bad luck with expensive tires. its why i stopped buying good tires and the ones i have now are $50 a piece. i only had one set of good tires i paid Z$600 for a set and they lasted 60k miles! i loved how well the car handled. cheap tires suck but right now i cant afford anything else esp when i have to keep buying new tires every few months when they get poked.

Last edited by gearbox; 04-14-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2009
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about

Hit that rust up quick! Sand it down and spray it with some rubberized undercoat. It will protect the metal from rusting any further.
Old 04-14-2009
Premium Member

yeah i need to eventually. the big problem is the rear fender is bubbling and rusty. i dont think i can just sand and spray cause it wont match the car paint well enough. its the lip that curves over the top of the wheel from the rest of the car body.
Old 04-14-2009
Registered!!

Cleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
wtf man. people are crazy. yeah a screw in the tire is not a big deal. it just sucks tho but ima take the rim off myself and just drive to a shop in moms car. i think about how much easier it would be if i drove a POS with rusty and peeling paint, and messed up everything, then i wouldnt have to worry about whos gonna dent it or throw something or steal it. i wouldnt even wash it lol. and i would keep driving with the screw in the tire til it popped. because who cares what happens to it. with the civic, im constantly worried, fixing things, now i notice tons of rust all over the bottom and some in the painted wheel wells, i mean i cant worry too much but it feels like i have to cause i wanna keep it looking and running nice.

and +1 for bad luck with expensive tires. its why i stopped buying good tires and the ones i have now are $50 a piece. i only had one set of good tires i paid Z$600 for a set and they lasted 60k miles! i loved how well the car handled. cheap tires suck but right now i cant afford anything else esp when i have to keep buying new tires every few months when they get poked.
I have some bf goodrich touring tires. I bought them about 3 years ago when they were 250 for all 4. They really really suck in snow. They slip like crazy even at 30psi, I don't know how they can suck so bad. And when I had my 98 auto civic, the front tires had almost no tread left, and I kid you not but it was better in the snow. I think it had michelins.

My dad had to spend 900$ on michelin tires for his tacoma. And my mom is doing that "free" tire thing at Honda. They give her michelins but the ones they give her wear out more quickly than they should. I don't know any details nor do I care to find out, but honda has a contract with michelin, and perhaps the tires are meant to wear out quickly as insurance that the customer isn't "snagging" top quality tires by canceling the whole maintenance thing. I'm not sure how it works...
Old 04-14-2009
Premium Member

lol. well im still waiting to use the car and take my tire to the shop, so i sprayed around under the car with rustoleum flat black (its more like light grey) hi temp paint. i resprayed my rusty RSR muffler and some stuff around and including the swaybar. better than the rust colors that were there before. the muffler came out really nice, almost exactly like the original color.
Old 04-14-2009
Registered!!

sethro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eyger
I'm with foos, lets punch babies. I just went out and punched the neighbors baby, the mother kept yelling something about it being innocent and helpless, some garbage like that I couldn't hear her above the baby's intermittent cries....

Maybe that'll fix the site....

EDIT: **** YA 1500th POST!!!!
Old 04-14-2009
Premium Member

got the tire mounted and seems okay. i also repainted my exhaust lol. next is the tow hook which is all rusty.
Old 04-14-2009
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold

just paint your whole car while you're at it. rattle can it.
Old 04-14-2009
Registered!!

wallydude03 will become famous soon enough

Well to make you fell better, i also had a screw in the sidewall of one of my tires. And when i was borrowing my bros 05 OE alloys somebody put a piece of a razor blade under the tire and i ran over it...

Then one time somebody rear ended me when my car was parked on a street and ran away. I had to buy a new rear bumper cover, but my rear bumper is still bent

The last week i got 2 tickets and almost a third one for recklass driving. stuff happens when you dont expect it to

Quick Reply: my luck sucks!!!