Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Exhaust question..

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007
The Random King of the Posts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light
Exhaust question..

I've got a dc sport tcs2 exhaust i'm trying to sell; and the other day i bought a muffler off ebay for $20. I guess you would compare it to a hks ti or something like that. I didnt know if anyone had any pics of something like that or any sugg. on which would look better. thanks
Old 11-13-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Exhaust question..

You want pictures, but your selling them?
Old 11-13-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

HKS ftw.

'nuff said.
Old 11-13-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spoonEM
HKS ftw.

'nuff said.
I guess u didnt read his post. He bought a $20..........................

20 bucks.........

muffler.. off of EBAY...

that can be compared.. to the HKS....

big... big..disgusting..mistake

bro sell both of those POSs and get urself a real exhaust.. one that doesnt sound like the world is ending in a tin can.. please. sell those, use the money to invest in a magnaflow, an rs-r (if u can find one), or a real HKS HiPower. Something actually decent..
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

Spikez1222 is an unknown quantity at this point

I found an exhaust system off of eBay (exhaust system, NOT just the muffler) and it sounds BEAUTIFUL! Doesn't sound like a fart can... Tenrai... I have pics if people wanna see... PM me, and I'll post pics... but ya... NEVER buy just a muffler... ewwww...
Old 11-13-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

Ebay mufflers will generally not offer the same engineering quality as their name-brand competitors. This usually means cheaper and uglier welds, raspier tone, and the size of the muffler listed for your application will just be a universal tin can, so there may be more welding to do to extend it beyond the lines of the car or cutting to not have it stick out a horrendous distance. If you are deciding between a $20 muffler, and a dc sport tcs2 exhaust, there really isnt much to think about. I would definately stick with DC, plus being a full exhaust, you may actually see performance gains, rather than from just welding a large muffler onto small factory sized piping.

GL!
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

the greddy evo2 has a nice look to it, but it might be a little big for some. the rsr exmag is a really nice fitting exhaust that sounds really nice. if had to pick an exhaust, i would sell what i had and get an rsr exmag.
Old 11-13-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all

Do whatever makes you happy bro. Dont listen to everyone else. If you like the way it sounds, thats all that matters. High quality muffler or not, none of them make a power difference, but you will hear a sound difference between brands..thats all its really for. I have an actual HKS Hi Power and love it, but none of them will actually make a power difference.
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

rev125yz is an unknown quantity at this point

...or you could just buy mine

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4262473
Old 11-14-2007

01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light

wow! didnt know i'd get this flamed. I'm still a little unsure if i'm going to keep the car and dc muffler is worth more and yes it sounds good but i think i would like the look of little bigger muffler, not a huge one but like 1/2 bigger.
I was just seeing what yall thought.
Old 11-14-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

haha..no worries man. Dont worry what everyone else says. No matter what you do..theres always going to be at least one hater. lol
Old 11-14-2007

yea figured that..I think Honda should drop the 5 year limited and come with a shrink session.