Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Exhaust question.. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/301987-exhaust-question.html)

01civicriderex 11-13-2007 06:25 PM

Exhaust question..

I've got a dc sport tcs2 exhaust i'm trying to sell; and the other day i bought a muffler off ebay for $20. I guess you would compare it to a hks ti or something like that. I didnt know if anyone had any pics of something like that or any sugg. on which would look better. thanks

TRIZ 11-13-2007 07:51 PM

Re: Exhaust question..

You want pictures, but your selling them? :screwy:

spoonEM 11-13-2007 08:00 PM

HKS ftw.

'nuff said.

DsevenEm2 11-13-2007 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by spoonEM (Post 4262551)
HKS ftw.

'nuff said.

I guess u didnt read his post. He bought a $20..........................

20 bucks.........

muffler.. off of EBAY...

that can be compared.. to the HKS....

big... big..disgusting..mistake :shake:

bro sell both of those POSs and get urself a real exhaust.. one that doesnt sound like the world is ending in a tin can.. please. sell those, use the money to invest in a magnaflow, an rs-r (if u can find one), or a real HKS HiPower. Something actually decent..

Spikez1222 11-13-2007 09:41 PM

I found an exhaust system off of eBay (exhaust system, NOT just the muffler) and it sounds BEAUTIFUL! Doesn't sound like a fart can... Tenrai... I have pics if people wanna see... PM me, and I'll post pics... but ya... NEVER buy just a muffler... ewwww...

ultimatetuner10 11-13-2007 09:57 PM

Ebay mufflers will generally not offer the same engineering quality as their name-brand competitors. This usually means cheaper and uglier welds, raspier tone, and the size of the muffler listed for your application will just be a universal tin can, so there may be more welding to do to extend it beyond the lines of the car or cutting to not have it stick out a horrendous distance. If you are deciding between a $20 muffler, and a dc sport tcs2 exhaust, there really isnt much to think about. I would definately stick with DC, plus being a full exhaust, you may actually see performance gains, rather than from just welding a large muffler onto small factory sized piping.

GL!

HonCiv02 11-13-2007 10:40 PM

the greddy evo2 has a nice look to it, but it might be a little big for some. the rsr exmag is a really nice fitting exhaust that sounds really nice. if had to pick an exhaust, i would sell what i had and get an rsr exmag.

spoonEM 11-13-2007 10:41 PM

Do whatever makes you happy bro. Dont listen to everyone else. If you like the way it sounds, thats all that matters. High quality muffler or not, none of them make a power difference, but you will hear a sound difference between brands..thats all its really for. I have an actual HKS Hi Power and love it, but none of them will actually make a power difference.

rev125yz 11-13-2007 10:55 PM

...or you could just buy mine :)

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4262473

01civicriderex 11-14-2007 12:01 AM

wow! didnt know i'd get this flamed. I'm still a little unsure if i'm going to keep the car and dc muffler is worth more and yes it sounds good but i think i would like the look of little bigger muffler, not a huge one but like 1/2 bigger.
I was just seeing what yall thought.

spoonEM 11-14-2007 01:14 AM

haha..no worries man. Dont worry what everyone else says. No matter what you do..theres always going to be at least one hater. lol

01civicriderex 11-14-2007 03:00 PM

yea figured that..I think Honda should drop the 5 year limited and come with a shrink session.