Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

who has "oem style" headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
who has "oem style" headlights?

the ones that look oem but arent (like depo brand), does anyone have pics of the output? like pics against a wall, on the ground, etc. thanks! i want to get the clear ones from ebay for $100 shipped but i dont want the light output to suck, which it does for other car brands.
Old 11-09-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough
Re: who has "oem style" headlights?

They're halogens, you know the output is going to suck. Just hurry up and finish your retro.
Old 11-09-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i gave it up, life is too busy now with graduation around the corner and stuff i need to finish, and find a new job. and i need money for tires, brakes, and fluids. most of the stuff is sold, and the stock headlights i have now are in suck condition.
Old 11-09-2007
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

yeah I hear you man. Grad school and work is taking up all my time too... not enough hours in a day anymore. I had to send my headlights to customlightz and have them finish up my TFX retro.

Congrats! Finally graduating is a great feeling.
Old 11-09-2007
Premium Member

grad school is retarded. im getting a masters and running lol. time for a real job.
Old 11-10-2007
Registered!!

2 more semesters and I'm running too. I'm getting sick of school.
Old 11-10-2007
Registered!!

cyberphox is an unknown quantity at this point

i wanted to bid on those valeos gearbox had on ebay but i fell asleep damn it..
Old 11-10-2007
Premium Member

lol. i have some H7 halogen valeos that take hid quite well ill sell you for $65 shipped for the pair. in perfect shape, with fresnel lens and dot shield.

Last edited by gearbox; 11-10-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 11-10-2007
Registered!!

slowcoupe03 is an unknown quantity at this point

School work (taking classes for CFA exam) after 10-12 hours of day job sucks even more than school by itself.

You guys got me curious. What are you studying?

I bought the Civic back in 03 thinking I might quit work to go back to school for MBA fulltime. But now, I'm considering staying on the job and working on MBA part time to take advantage of my company's reimbursement program. (which would also open up the option of giving in to my temptation for a new G35/37 coupe.)
Old 11-10-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by slowcoupe03
School work (taking classes for CFA exam) after 10-12 hours of day job sucks even more than school by itself.

You guys got me curious. What are you studying?

I bought the Civic back in 03 thinking I might quit work to go back to school for MBA fulltime. But now, I'm considering staying on the job and working on MBA part time to take advantage of my company's reimbursement program. (which would also open up the option of giving in to my temptation for a new G35/37 coupe.)
You're right, work sucks as much as school. If your job pays for it stay with that company. You'll have some long days, but it will be worth it. Look at it this way, it's free money for school. I'm studying to get my M.S. in chemical engineering and the energy company I work for doesn't pay for anything.
Old 11-10-2007
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about

I noticed that the reflector design on my OEM sedan and on OEM style coupe headlights are different.

The OEM sedans have more ridges.
Don't know about difference on output / cut off since I never got a chance to install them.
Old 11-10-2007
Premium Member

well oem vs oem coupe and sedan are different too. i still dont know exactly what the difference is between them. anyone have some oem coupe light cutoff pics?
Old 11-10-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough

I'm studying to get my M.S. in chemical engineering
wow glad to see im not the only science nerd in here
Old 11-10-2007
Premium Member

im in biology lol. looking for tech position in life sciences.
Old 11-10-2007
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

just be a manwhore and you'll be set financially...
Old 11-11-2007
Registered!!

mikenam is an unknown quantity at this point

never seen the output but the depot reflector is smaller than the oem.

whats wrong w/ your headlights.
Old 11-11-2007
Premium Member

they have a layer of dust on the chrome inside, not sure how, the lens has dirt on the back in swirls and other patterns, lens is all scratched and pitted, it sucks esp at night. i mean its okay for now, but they look really ugly in the sun. i got em used from ebay and we all know how much those suck. if i could find a new pair of oem lights for cheap, i think i would just throw them on with the amber pieces still inside just to fix the problem.
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

i had a set but for 05's....let me know if u wnt