Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   who has "oem style" headlights? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/301869-who-has-oem-style-headlights.html)

gearbox 11-09-2007 03:32 PM

who has "oem style" headlights?

the ones that look oem but arent (like depo brand), does anyone have pics of the output? like pics against a wall, on the ground, etc. thanks! i want to get the clear ones from ebay for $100 shipped but i dont want the light output to suck, which it does for other car brands.

buckshizzo 11-09-2007 08:21 PM

Re: who has "oem style" headlights?

They're halogens, you know the output is going to suck. Just hurry up and finish your retro.

gearbox 11-09-2007 08:51 PM

i gave it up, life is too busy now with graduation around the corner and stuff i need to finish, and find a new job. and i need money for tires, brakes, and fluids. most of the stuff is sold, and the stock headlights i have now are in suck condition.

buckshizzo 11-09-2007 09:27 PM

yeah I hear you man. Grad school and work is taking up all my time too... not enough hours in a day anymore. I had to send my headlights to customlightz and have them finish up my TFX retro.

Congrats! Finally graduating is a great feeling.

gearbox 11-09-2007 10:02 PM

grad school is retarded. im getting a masters and running lol. time for a real job.

buckshizzo 11-10-2007 12:05 AM

2 more semesters and I'm running too. I'm getting sick of school.

cyberphox 11-10-2007 12:55 AM

i wanted to bid on those valeos gearbox had on ebay but i fell asleep damn it..

gearbox 11-10-2007 01:05 AM

lol. i have some H7 halogen valeos that take hid quite well ill sell you for $65 shipped for the pair. in perfect shape, with fresnel lens and dot shield.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4.../valeoh7-2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4.../valeoh7-3.jpg

slowcoupe03 11-10-2007 01:22 AM

School work (taking classes for CFA exam) after 10-12 hours of day job sucks even more than school by itself.

You guys got me curious. What are you studying?

I bought the Civic back in 03 thinking I might quit work to go back to school for MBA fulltime. But now, I'm considering staying on the job and working on MBA part time to take advantage of my company's reimbursement program. (which would also open up the option of giving in to my temptation for a new G35/37 coupe.)

buckshizzo 11-10-2007 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by slowcoupe03 (Post 4261365)
School work (taking classes for CFA exam) after 10-12 hours of day job sucks even more than school by itself.

You guys got me curious. What are you studying?

I bought the Civic back in 03 thinking I might quit work to go back to school for MBA fulltime. But now, I'm considering staying on the job and working on MBA part time to take advantage of my company's reimbursement program. (which would also open up the option of giving in to my temptation for a new G35/37 coupe.)

You're right, work sucks as much as school. If your job pays for it stay with that company. You'll have some long days, but it will be worth it. Look at it this way, it's free money for school. I'm studying to get my M.S. in chemical engineering and the energy company I work for doesn't pay for anything.

LiKEaFeRiO 11-10-2007 02:45 AM

I noticed that the reflector design on my OEM sedan and on OEM style coupe headlights are different.

The OEM sedans have more ridges.
Don't know about difference on output / cut off since I never got a chance to install them.

gearbox 11-10-2007 09:19 AM

well oem vs oem coupe and sedan are different too. i still dont know exactly what the difference is between them. anyone have some oem coupe light cutoff pics?

chawski 11-10-2007 02:23 PM

I'm studying to get my M.S. in chemical engineering
wow glad to see im not the only science nerd in here

gearbox 11-10-2007 02:47 PM

im in biology lol. looking for tech position in life sciences.

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 11-10-2007 03:46 PM

just be a manwhore and you'll be set financially... :rofl:

mikenam 11-11-2007 01:10 AM

never seen the output but the depot reflector is smaller than the oem.

whats wrong w/ your headlights.

gearbox 11-11-2007 10:08 AM

they have a layer of dust on the chrome inside, not sure how, the lens has dirt on the back in swirls and other patterns, lens is all scratched and pitted, it sucks esp at night. i mean its okay for now, but they look really ugly in the sun. i got em used from ebay and we all know how much those suck. if i could find a new pair of oem lights for cheap, i think i would just throw them on with the amber pieces still inside just to fix the problem.

SSMCivic2k5 11-13-2007 02:20 PM

i had a set but for 05's....let me know if u wnt