Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Skyline Drive Photoshoot (56K and non-Honda content warnings)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Skyline Drive Photoshoot (56K and non-Honda content warnings)

For those of you who dont know what it is.... Skyline drive is the road that runs the length of the Shenandoah National Park. Its a twisty windy road that goes up and down mountains.... and there's 3 lodges on it that you could deliver tofu to every night if you wanted to
On with the pics. I havent altered these, because I'd just screw em up more, they're washed out from point and shoot, as well as sun glare, not much I could have done. More pics coming, we had 4 cameras.

WTF is this crap?

The cars.... well everyone knows whats done to my car. Its a fast piece of ****. The short story on the wheels is this.... I ran Carbon Composite race brake pads over the summer, they made a friggin mess and were incredibly corrosive. They also apparently had a high iron content (probably iron carbide from the way they chewed up rotors).... the dust got into the wheel, got rained on and they rusted. I'm still looking for a way to get it off, I think they need to be blasted. Winter project....

The GTI is chipped, filter on a stick, Lowered on H&Rs/Konis and has 18" Benz knockoffs.

The S2K and the Jetta are both 2 weeks old, still temp tagged, and obviously still stock.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 11-12-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-12-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
Re: Skyline Drive Photoshoot (56K and non-Honda content warnings)

looks like fun, got any vids?
Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet!!! I love skyline!!! nice pics I can't believe there is snow up there right now. If you liked skyline you should try (I believe?) 211 I think thats the # goes out to lurray. there are also a lot of back mountain roads up there that aren't patrolled by the cops like skyline is; that you can have some tofu fun on
Old 11-12-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

If you liked skyline you should try (I believe?) 211 I think thats the # goes out to lurray. there are also a lot of back mountain roads up there that aren't patrolled by the cops like skyline is; that you can have some tofu fun on
We took 211 home. Went out on 66, down the drive about 40 miles, BBQed in the snow, turned around, bailed at 211, then 522, Crest hill Rd and ultimately wound up back on 66 around Man*******. Around 200 miles round trip. Not a bad drive, but next year, we'll do the whole thing.
Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

vtaking all the way there and back i see. 2 hondas and 2 euros. 50/50 a pretty nice blend and even number dont you think justin?
Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

next year i wanna come too!
Old 11-12-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by Curiouz_G
vtaking all the way there and back i see. 2 hondas and 2 euros. 50/50 a pretty nice blend and even number dont you think justin?
Shaddup or I'll install your turbo backwards
I'm keepin the Civic, its not total abandonment. "50/50" is a nice blend according to you
The funny part.... when we started, the guy who just bought the S2K was the ONLY one with a german car. We all went to German cars, he bought a Honda. Funny how things work out.
Old 11-12-2007
Registered!!

Old 11-12-2007
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

awesome... skyline drive is the ****.... we went to shenandoah park camping grounds like a year ago and right before we left, we checked the weather forecast... it says "sunny..." but then when we got up there there were fukking snows on the ground... we were such idiots, that we didn't put the shenandoah zipcode while checking for the weather forecast, we used our MD zipcode. we got pwned so bad, we have to sleep in a freezing weather (our tents were on top of snow ground).. good times LOLOLOL
Old 11-13-2007
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold

sweet man
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

civicarina will become famous soon enoughcivicarina will become famous soon enough

Sweet roads and sweet rides Man !!!
Old 11-13-2007
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough

not bad but I dont like yellow cars
Old 11-13-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
and ultimately wound up back on 66 around Man*******.
hehe

Looks like a nice drive, nice shoot too it wasnt that bad. I wish i could find some drives like that here in Florida.
Old 11-13-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by doctor
not bad but I dont like yellow cars
Well I'll gladly take your yellow car off your hands.
Wow... that would be a garage.... Turbo, VTEC, and Turbo + VTEC .... holy crap that would be fun
Old 11-13-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like you guys had a good time and nice pics. I keep forgetting how much of a sleeper your car is Justin. Good stuff. It's nice to be able to go out and drive the things you spend so much time wrenching on, simply for the sake of driving them.
Old 11-13-2007

jamesandrew58 is an unknown quantity at this point

how much finger gap do you have right now? and what tire size?
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

Let me get this straight. There is an actual place called Man*******. HAHA awesome
Old 11-13-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Its not called Man*******, its Manassas, everyone calls it Mann*******.
Old 11-13-2007
Registered!!

uh, only you justin, only you
Old 11-14-2007
The Random King of the Posts

01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light

hmmm..little mixture..honda, honda, vw, vw. Well its cool..always like to see other brands hanging with each other.