General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

shortage on the odyssey

Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
huyqvu is an unknown quantity at this point
shortage on the odyssey

i might of found the reason why that it so hard to find an odyssey to buy. i drive by the gm tech center everyday to work. i noticed about 15-20 odyssey's in a special lot they have for storage. its funny how gm has to copy foreign auto makers. a year before the new body impala came out, my friends uncle(a saturn engineer) told me that gm had a couple of skylines. to bad they diced it up when they were finished. and last winter i saw gm execs driving right handed altezzas. and right after the rsx was released, ford was testing and disecting a couple of rsx's.
Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

vtexcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
just a while ago 2:55 central time i saw a replica of the honda odyssey but the emblems said izuzu oasis.. look so identical..
Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

bluecoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
that's interesting.

edit: isuzu oasis, reminiscent of the rodeo & passport
Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

jonavin is an unknown quantity at this point
May Honda has a deal with them (ala Passport). Honda are getting some desiel engines form them for their European market. There was an agreement made earlier thi syear for GM to Honda engines in future vehicles. Next time you see VTEC on a Saturn it may actually have merit.

Regarding GM/Ford looking at foreign autos... hmm... no wonder why they all seems like their a generation behind. Why do research, just wait until Honda/Toyota/Nissan/BMW release their next gen cars, then copy [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

With the new plant in Alabama, more Odysseys will be built to meet demands. Right now Honda literally sells more than they can make.

BTW, did you know that Isuzu also sold rebadged 1.6EL/Domani? Kind of like a supped up Isuzu Civic.

Old 12-12-2001
Registered!!

raitchison is an unknown quantity at this point

<< just a while ago 2:55 central time i saw a replica of the honda odyssey but the emblems said izuzu oasis.. look so identical.. >>

The first generation Odyssey was merely a rebadged Isuzu Oasis. It only sold for a couple of years (and not well as I understand) so Honda designed the current Odyssey which of course is INSANELY popular. We just bought a new minivan this year, we almost bought the Odyssey but it was just too expensive. We ended up going with a Mazda MPV which was almost as good as the Odyssey (a little short on power) but almost $5000 cheaper with a better intrest rate and a better warranty.

------------------
Rainforest Green 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 5 Speed "Kona Car"
-----
Focaljet | Club-Focus | FCI | Club Si
-----
My Home Page
-----
Founding Member and Earl of Team Slow: SoCal (SlowCal)