Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Need Help from Greddy Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian Si will become famous soon enoughCanadian Si will become famous soon enough
Need Help from Greddy Owners

Hey guys ! This is my 1st Honda so I'm still new to it. I bought a Greddy EVO II not to long ago & love it. My only problem with it is when I drive in the rain it is vibrating against the underneath the car,if feels like it is right below your feet. I took it to the shop where I had it installed & we could see where it is touching,so they dropped the hangers down abit but that didn't help. He then told me that's it's a Racing Exhaust & not meant to be driven everyday. I took it to these guys b/c I heard they were 1 of the better guys to go to. I won't be back. I took it to another shop (SpeedTech) & he told me it's b/c it's much bigger than my stock exhaust & it expands & contracts from hot to cold (duh!) & it's to be expected from these things & nothing I can really do! The 1st time I heard it I thought it fell off the car ! Sorry for the long rant guys !!! Be gentle as I am a NOOB

Last edited by Canadian Si; 08-28-2007 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-28-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Need Help from Greddy Owners

ive heard of this problem from people with this particular exhaust.. and its not cuz its a "racing exhaust". i know it can be fixed.. theres a few people on here with it fixed.. just forgot where ive seen it. why dont u do a search since it has been covered before.. type in greddy evo.. see wta comes up
Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

Canadian Si will become famous soon enoughCanadian Si will become famous soon enough

The SEARCH button is awesome ! Came up in the 1st couple of threads.I shoulda tried it 1st but was so frustrated I didn't think !! But any new opinions would be good too !!
Old 08-28-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

i noticed in the other thread that you said you were still going to take it to a shop and have it adjusted. i wouldn't do that unless it isn't going to cost you anything. i had mine adjusted after i installed my hp race header/cat because it was making the noise almost all the time. even after it was adjusted though - and without the header/cat - it still makes the noise in the rain if i am not paying attention to puddles.

you could try the silicon idea or maybe even exhaust wrap to help deaden the noise a little. i am sure that it will still hit, but the noise won't be as bad.