Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

IDEAS for Paint/Decal on the side

Old 08-07-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royando is an unknown quantity at this point
IDEAS for Paint/Decal on the side

Well...my car got scratched the crop out of it, looks like it was with a nail. Deep enough to leave the mark, but not to rust.

Anyways..it was all the way around ..from hood to trunk and its about 3/4 height on the door from bottom up...

I wanted some ideas..weather to paint the whole car (its silver right now), paint it partial, or have some nice decals running from front to back and buying a new c/f hood.

If you have any pictures you came across or any ideas, let me know.

Like i said its both sides and i need to fix this soon, it really pisses me off.

have a good evening everyone.
Old 08-07-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IDEAS for Paint/Decal on the side

sorry to hear your car got violated like that. i think you're going to have to paint the whole car, tho, or at least whatever's scratched. i'm trying to picture some sort of two tone scheme that would cover that, but i can't come up with anything that would look decent. also, i'd definitely stay away from decals. no such thing as a "nice decal", IMO.
Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

i would second the no decal vote. but on the bright side - if there truly is one here - if you were unhappy with the color of your car before you have a reason to change it now. i would definitely say paint the whole car, the same color, no two-tone.
Old 08-08-2007
Ultra-Platinum Super Bonus Member

So.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really nice

go black and sliver two tone. just paint the top black. it'd look BA.
Old 08-08-2007
Look at me im a supporting member

civicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nice

yeah no decal
Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

NO decal it is then..i just though it be the cheapest easiest way out of this. So lets say ill do a two tone, any design to it, strait to the back? or ..? if anyone with pictures so i can have an idea.

thanx
Old 08-08-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

:barf: @ 2 tones
Old 08-08-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

^^ true life... its hard to pull that off. ive seen an ssm with most of the car silver and then everything above the bottom of the window sill black. that line went back to the trunk n stuff and i duno...it lookd ok just hard to pull off right. um... and also...if ur gona paint it ssm again..u have to paint the whole car...body shops suck at matching that color up right... i know from experience.
Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

hmmm...well does anyone know how to use paintshop program pretty good? since i have some 18s chrome wheels, since its a sedan....im thinking of painting the bottom black and fade into metallic on top (original color)

???
Old 08-08-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

isn't there a photoshop section on this site?? post up a couple pics there, and then describe what you want to see. someone will chop it for ya.
Old 08-11-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

man ive got a pic of a mustang that has a decent 2 tone but its silver and black and i liked it. Also on my other computer the3res a guy up in niagra that has a side decal on his car and it looks amazing. Its an ssm coupe with a black broken line decal. I'll see if i can find the guy's thread.