General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

argh... help a newbie

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2k1USMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
argh... help a newbie

ive had my ebp ex coupe for a little over three months, and i wanna do some mods mostly for looks. i do want a lil more hp, but its not much of an issue for me. i have a vague idea what i wanna do to it, but as far as the specifics, im lost and i need some help. i want to mirror tint the sides and the back (if not 35% black which is the legal limit here in maryland), as well as ride it on 18's without lowering it (does that look rite?). i will be changing those friggen firestones at the least. also i wanna clear out the headlights and put hid's or hypers (which do u reccommend) and altezzas in the back. as for sound, ill keep the factory headunit and change the speakers to xplods, as well as add two 10" subs in the trunk and put a custom box in there where it'll fit right on the sides. ive thought about an exhaust & an intake, but since im going for str8 looks, should i just get a tip and save money? i know everyones got suggestions so pls help me out. btw, ill post a pic of my car whenever it decides to stop raining and i can find someone with a digital camera so that eryone's got some idea where im startin from.
Old 12-17-2001
Registered!!

eXNBP is an unknown quantity at this point
My advice is that since u want to add a few HP why do u want 18's[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]And mirror tint (a big step towards the rice side) altezzas (same with altezzas keep the stock ones they work fine IMO [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] , and sony xplode speakers(terrible!!!) My advice is to save up and get some 17's with a nice drop (Eibach or Neuspeedd Springs are fine).
Old 12-17-2001
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
you're gonna be getting a lot of these messages:

Old 12-17-2001
Registered!!

TrustyAccord is an unknown quantity at this point

<< well as ride it on 18's without lowering it (does that look rite?). i will be changing those friggen firestones at the least. also i wanna clear out the headlights and put hid's or hypers (which do u reccommend) and altezzas in the back. as for sound, ill keep the factory headunit and change the speakers to xplods, as well as add two 10" subs in the trunk and put a custom box in there where it'll fit right on the sides. ive thought about an exhaust & an intake, but since im going for str8 looks, should i just get a tip and save money? i know everyones got suggestions so pls help me out. btw, ill post a pic of my car whenever it decides to stop raining and i can find someone with a digital camera so that eryone's got some idea where im startin from. >>

i've seen a inca pearl 2k1 with 18" ADR's lowered and it was still higher than my prelude. it'll be a friggin SUV if you dont lower it.

HIDs you can put in if you have the dough 300-500 bucks. of course i recommend these but if not..go for hyperwhites..not the blue crap...altezzas...IMO they're crappy on the 2k1's but hey its your car...

since you're just going for looks..do what you want to do..just dont make it look fast..
Old 12-17-2001
Registered!!

eXNBP is an unknown quantity at this point

<< you're gonna be getting a lot of these messages:

>>

Hmmm thanks NeoIll save those links[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-17-2001
Registered!!

<< sony xplode speakers(terrible!!!) >>

so what do you suggest instead?
Old 12-18-2001
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I would not get the altezzas. If you have the money lower it, get some nice rims and tires. Clear those lights. I did mine and I think it looks better without that orange piece in it. I have HID bulbs in my parking and my headlight. I kept the turning one stock so people know that I am turning. It looks pretty tight. If you want to get a whoel HID kit then go ahead, can't hurt, but they are lots of money. Speakers are easy to change. You can also paint your trim pieces. That looks really tight if you do you right and take your time. How much do you want to do to your car? Are u going body kit and spoiler? You can also make your own grills, those look good too.
Rob
PS I'm from Baltimore, PM me some time or check out the MD thread in mid atlantic.
Old 12-18-2001
Registered!!

okay, altezzas are out - they'll be factory for now. as far as what i am definately going to do to my car, im going to tint that damn thing, clear the lights, and change the speakers/add subs. im not going for a kit, and im not going for an after market wing since i have the factory spoiler already. what about the exhaust/intake, etc? im really thinking about adding an exhaust, so what should i go for?
Old 12-18-2001
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
spend your money on all the other stuff first, but i like altezzas, they make some of the civics pretty sharp looking, my friend knows a guy with a white 7thgen with altezzas... nothing interesting, but he noticed my lights the day he saw my car, a lot of my friend realized i cleared my headlights too...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 12-18-2001
Ultimate OG Member

TopFuel will become famous soon enough

<<

of course i recommend these but if not..go for hyperwhites..not the blue crap...altezzas...IMO they're crappy on the 2k1's but hey its your car...

since you're just going for looks..do what you want to do..just dont make it look fast..
>>

not the blue #*%p?? they look a whole lot better than stock and HIDs are expensive...and plus they have the blue on lexus and bimmers....You can always get the Piaa Super White that comes out bright white but then again i seriously dont see many of those on the road so legality issue is up there....
Old 12-18-2001
Registered!!

ModNewbieHELPME is an unknown quantity at this point
intake and exhaust I'd suggest an Injen Short ram intake. It sounds great, and gives nice power boosts from 3500rpm and up. I can feel the difference at times. With exhaust there are a lot but DC sports I would personally recomend. It has a carb legal sticker on it and everything you need to not get hassled by cops. aside from that 16's or 17's would look good. 17+ is really for show since you have mad wieght on them and a larger rotational mass which means slow starts. But if you get the big brake conversion then you will need 17's ( you didn;t say that so I added that in [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]) beyond that painting the interior looks good if done right. And CLEAR YOUR HEADLIGHTS.

also if you get Altezza's it is a hit or miss with your body color....black is one of the few colors that can pull it off nicely. But I personally like the OEM ones.