Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Clicking noise after I turn car off

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicns is an unknown quantity at this point
Clicking noise after I turn car off

Hello. Oook. I turn the car off, then a loud clicking noise coming from passenger side front behind dash. This is a 2014 civic lx and I can say I'm very upset with it. I leased it new last June. It also has defective struts which the dealership mechanic is going to check this coming Monday. I am so not impressed. I got the lemon on the lot I guess.

Any idea what the clicking noise might be?
Old 05-02-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Clicking noise after I turn car off

why not just take it to the dealership?

this must still be under warranty.....no?
Old 05-08-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicns is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. The car is still under warranty. I took it in to Honda last Monday for an oil change and asked them to check the front end. The mechanic said the links are broken. I think it's more than links. The car drives like a tank. I'll be taking the car in on the 13th to get it fixed. If it still clunks and rattles in the front, I'll take it back again. As for the clicking noise when I turn the car off, no idea what that is. It's intermittent. Hope to get all of this fixed. Def not a good experience getting a new car.
Old 05-08-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The mechanic said the links are broken
I personally haven't had to replace struts or swaybr links on anything that new.
If it still clunks and rattles in the front, I'll take it back again. As for the clicking noise when I turn the car off, no idea what that is. It's intermittent.
When you take the car to the dealer, take the advisor or the tech for a quick test drive so you can show them EXACTLY what you are hearing (both suspension noise and clicking in the dash), that saves a ton of miscommunication and guesswork.