Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Ok im am in need of a decision guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03civic1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok im am in need of a decision guys

Ok,

Personally i would love to figure this out on my own, but i cant so i come to this website and search b4 asking because thats what everyone says to do right?

As somewhat of a nOOb, i ma tryin to figure out if i should boost, or go n/a....

I would like a little bit of a gain from what i have now (d17a2,) but i cant decide, and i have been searching for like th past 5 days on here back and forth threw threads.

So i guess my question or comment is, i would love to buy a used d17a2 and build it up internally, and boost it with the dezod, or force fed kit. truthfully im lazy and dont feel like maintaing a boosted car.

So that leaves me to believe i just rather go N/A, and when i say that i mean, new pistons, rods, cam, cam gear, springs & retainers, PnP head, head studs if needed, ummm bore t/b, and whatever EMS needed, which i am confused as to which one to use for what application i choose to go with.. but with going n/a i guess i would need advice as to what pistons etc... to get

But then i say to myself, i dont feel like spending an arm and a leg to do all this, so i rather buy a used motor reuild it with stock everything to ensure myself it will last for a while, and do just small bolt-ons like cam gear i/h/e, and maybe stage one cam.

so i am really really confused as what i should do, i know that i dont have to everything at once, plus i am not to smart on how to rebuild a motor, but would love to find out and learn hands on, so i guess anyones, or any advice would help me out alot thxz guys
Old 02-12-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Im sorry but nothing will make this car fast even with a swap its usless! Get another car if u plan on going fast........
Old 02-12-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to copy this monologue I'm about to give, and save it somewhere, so I can just paste it in when someone asks this question.

Here's the deal. Swaps, and to a slightly lesser degree, turbos, are expensive. If you take the money you're going to spend on a swap or turbo, and add the value of the car, you could get a wrx, or something else that's fast stock, so you keep reliability. While I respect all these guys that have swapped or turboed their cars, I still dont' see the point. Why not just buy something faster?? I guess there's something to be said for building up a car yourself, and making it fast, but it's expensive and time consuming. As for your D17, you will never exceed 200HP while staying n/a, and you're going to spend more to get there than you would if you just turboed the damned thing. It's your money, so if you wanna buy a second block and build it up, go for it. But if you don't know what you're doing, i'd make damned sure you have someone that does know look it over before you try to run it. Otherwise, you may be out a lot of money.

Personally, what i'm considering doing is keeping my mods to the civic minimal, and eventually buying an older car, maybe a civic si, with an engine more responsive to mods, and building that up. That's something you may want to consider. Keep your car as a DD, and get a project car to play with, something to learn about building engines on and not have any need to rush through a swap to get your only transportation back on the road.
Old 02-12-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Originally Posted by AmbulanceMonkee
I'm going to copy this monologue I'm about to give, and save it somewhere, so I can just paste it in when someone asks this question.

Here's the deal. Swaps, and to a slightly lesser degree, turbos, are expensive. If you take the money you're going to spend on a swap or turbo, and add the value of the car, you could get a wrx, or something else that's fast stock, so you keep reliability. While I respect all these guys that have swapped or turboed their cars, I still dont' see the point. Why not just buy something faster?? I guess there's something to be said for building up a car yourself, and making it fast, but it's expensive and time consuming. As for your D17, you will never exceed 200HP while staying n/a, and you're going to spend more to get there than you would if you just turboed the damned thing. It's your money, so if you wanna buy a second block and build it up, go for it. But if you don't know what you're doing, i'd make damned sure you have someone that does know look it over before you try to run it. Otherwise, you may be out a lot of money.

Personally, what i'm considering doing is keeping my mods to the civic minimal, and eventually buying an older car, maybe a civic si, with an engine more responsive to mods, and building that up. That's something you may want to consider. Keep your car as a DD, and get a project car to play with, something to learn about building engines on and not have any need to rush through a swap to get your only transportation back on the road.
True but if im gonna get another car I dont think i would get a civic again lol....... Its time for upgrade!!! Civics are just for kids and im gettin too old for this kinda stuff..... haha
Old 02-12-2007
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
Just leave it as is. Theres no shame in rocking a D.
Old 02-12-2007

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dru106
True but if im gonna get another car I dont think i would get a civic again lol....... Its time for upgrade!!! Civics are just for kids and im gettin too old for this kinda stuff..... haha
Also true. Maybe a 240 as a side project??
Old 02-12-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vexorg is an unknown quantity at this point
if youre lazy this is the wrong hobby
Old 02-12-2007

^good point.
Old 02-12-2007
Registered!!

ohsnapsjay08 will become famous soon enough
yea.. get a different car for sure.
Old 02-12-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
well said AmbulanceMonkee........120% correct