Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Bought my wife a new car.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
sweet ride...but i take civic..
Old 01-31-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
do NOT run royal purple. That is not good for the rear end. Make sure you run a NON synthetic oil.
Old 02-01-2007
My rectum hurts........

Mustang5.0HO is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone puts either Redline or Royal purple when doing rear ends...IMO are the best for when swapping gears
Old 02-01-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
Nah, any synthetic oil in the rear is bad. Royal Purple especially. They make good oil, dont get me wrong, but not for a rear end. You always want to run non synthetic. Where the gears come in contact, you want the most protection you can get, and synthetic doesnt really provide the protection the gears need. Synthetic will actually break down when it gets hot and pretty much just turn to water. Non-synthetic actually provides sort of a cushion for the gear. Synthetic may work, but it severely shortens the life of everything. Youre best bet is to try an 85/140 non-synthetic GL6.

Last edited by spoonEM; 02-01-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-01-2007
Rape is no laughing matter--Unless your raping a clown!

CplJon will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by spoonEM
Nah, any synthetic oil in the rear is bad. Royal Purple especially. They make good oil, dont get me wrong, but not for a rear end. You always want to run non synthetic. Where the gears come in contact, you want the most protection you can get, and synthetic doesnt really provide the protection the gears need. Synthetic will actually break down when it gets hot and pretty much just turn to water. Non-synthetic actually provides sort of a cushion for the gear. Synthetic may work, but it severely shortens the life of everything. Youre best bet is to try an 85/140 non-synthetic GL6.
I'm leaving the rear end alone for now, but I plan on running Royal Purple and Wix filters through the motor for the rest of the cars life. Unfortunately the stock rearend is a 3.31 which works for now, but when the car becomes mine and theres no chance of warranty is when the magic will happen. I'll probably just do 3.73.
Old 02-01-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

Originally Posted by CplJon
I'm leaving the rear end alone for now, but I plan on running Royal Purple and Wix filters through the motor for the rest of the cars life. Unfortunately the stock rearend is a 3.31 which works for now, but when the car becomes mine and theres no chance of warranty is when the magic will happen. I'll probably just do 3.73.
Royal Purple is great for motor oil.

When youre ready for that magic to happen, give me a call so I can build you a 9" for it. lol. Also, I talked to my buddy, he told me $5000 out the door installed on the Saleen blower. That comes with the blower, wiring harness, gauge pod with gaues, and everything youll need to hook it all up. He said theyre close to $9k for a new one installed through them, but he can hook you up.
Old 02-01-2007
My rectum hurts........

Originally Posted by CplJon
4.10's
Old 02-01-2007
My rectum hurts........

oh...ok. Its just the every mustang forum out there says either royal purple or redline for gears is a must....
Old 02-01-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

Well, I guess since its an 8.8, its not SUPER crucial due to where the ring and pinion mesh. On a 9", its a whole lot more crucial.
Old 02-01-2007
Rape is no laughing matter--Unless your raping a clown!

CplJon will become famous soon enough
Royal Purple is great for motor oil.

When youre ready for that magic to happen, give me a call so I can build you a 9" for it. lol. Also, I talked to my buddy, he told me $5000 out the door installed on the Saleen blower. That comes with the blower, wiring harness, gauge pod with gaues, and everything youll need to hook it all up. He said theyre close to $9k for a new one installed through them, but he can hook you up.
Thats an insane price, i'll definately hook that up. I'm thinking in about 3 years I'll get that done. Where are you located?
Old 02-01-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

In socal. haha. I can get you a deal though and then just ship it out to you. Its not hard to install....just time consuming.