Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Front bumber ripped off... what to do??

Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RainMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Front bumber ripped off... what to do??

today, i'm at work.. i clock out eager to get home to get some rest. next thing you know i arrive at a civic whose front bumber is nearly fully ripped off!! it turns out that one of the couriers from my work hit my car.. i went to talk to my manager and he said that all damage will be covered by our company. so, i need a new front bumber... while i'm at it, i'm thinking about getting a factory lip kit from Honda. now my question is.. do you think i can get the company to cover everything, including the lip kit?? by the way, there is only damage done to the bumber and scratches on the fender and headlights...
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Get your company to give you a check for the bumper and scratches. Use that to get a bumper for cheaper than oem price.
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

the thing is, i want a HFP lip kit.. and i wanna see if get them to cover all the costs..
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough
you could probably get the lip kit if you wanted, but I guess you're going to be getting a new bumper, fender, and headlights? honestly I'd get the money and do it myself. I bought my 2002 civic as a certified pre-owned from a honda dealership, and they showed me the carfax that had shown the car had been in a wreck, but when I took the front bumper cover off to black out my headlights I noticed a lot of short cuts they took when repairing. so I mean, look for a primered and ready for paint front bumper, a fender, some headlights, and your hardware. if you're gonna try to get a lip kit, get another fender as well, and some sidemarkers .
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

^^i was thinking of that too.. but we'll see what happens. what i really want to do is get everything done at honda. i'm a factory kind of guy. i know it will cost a whole lot more money, but it if it's gonna be covered, then why not?? plus i have to go to some shops, get some estimates and go on from there...
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

tnel2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey what company do you work for.........clock out and carrier sound familiar i work for fed>ex!!!
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

FedEx... pacheco, Ca
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough
yeah dude, I mean if they're paying for it I'd definitely take it to honda and let them do everything, but I'd go over everything before I even left the shop.
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

exactly what i wanna do, do you think i can get away with having them cover the lip kit and all???
Old 12-12-2006
Registered!!

yeah, just depends on how dishonest you want to be.
really though, I wouldn't even sweat it on something like that. I have friends who have scammed insurance for MUCH more than what they actually needed, and in the end you just end up hurting yourself.
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold
^^^ Alright... Heres my plan... Call a body shop ask them how much it will cost to repaint your fender and hood.... Than look up OEM Headlights and see how much they are Straight from the dealer, and also see how much for a front bumper from dealer. Add everything up and have your company write you a check for that price. Than go to the FS section and im pretty sure you can find headlight FS for like $50 when the dealer will sell them for like $100ea., And you can probably find a painted bumper for crazy cheap on here also. And than see how much money you have left over for your HF Lip kit. Which will run about $900 for everything