Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Turbo Installed Now Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by XSRCivic
Yeah don't trust a company that has been producing quality products for longer than you been alive! I laugh at you.
ight well lets see as for the "D17 motor" witch is what we all have the crower cam shafts are NOT worth the $. ask paul and chris and they know there ****. paul is gunna be makein a bad *** cam shaft that blows crowers out the water.... so now i and at you noob
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not trying to get involved in this debate but Matt where is the evidence showing that the crower cam is garbage. I mean Paul wouldn't be selling it if it was crap. If Paul and his crew can make a better one though that would be even sweeter. At least tuners have parts available to purchase but nevertheless good luck with ur build, we're all waiting patiently.
Old 12-02-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
You drop the noob bomb on me? At least my car ran longer than a week. Good luck to Dezod with the new cam design, I hope it can do some good. Good luck to you in your "new" build and hopefully your parent's bank account doesn't run dry or that you don't blow this one up too.

nice.
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by XSRCivic
You drop the noob bomb on me? At least my car ran longer than a week. Good luck to Dezod with the new cam design, I hope it can do some good. Good luck to you in your "new" build and hopefully your parent's bank account doesn't run dry or that you don't blow this one up too.

nice.
haha my **** would ran fine, there is alot of **** u dont know about that happend that only me and chris/paul know so stf^ about the week ****. the reason why paul is makein the cam shaft yeah crower is a great company everyone knows i just droped mad loot on there rods, but they dident take anywhere near the amount of time that paul takes and puts into our D17 motor. he knows every single thing proably **** honda techs dont know. so there for his cam shaft will be around the same price and out perform the crower. this is half the reason why i dident build my head yet, i wanna do all the head at once later on down the road. and this ant my first car/build, kidd so back up. and trust hah there bank account ant gunna run dry. my did is a stock broker & finacncial planner, and my mom does morgage and real estate. so once again im a

Last edited by DUDEitsMATTx; 12-02-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

@ ronald9 and sujak: i know i know..... just read what i have posted above where i talk about the crower vs dezod and ull know what i mean and what i told that man 2 do his bottom end and do his head later
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Damn can I work for your parents. I hope they're teaching you some things about business, so you'll be buying something like an Aston Martin later in life. You should take pics of your driveway bc I"m sure your rents have sweet rides too.
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

lol well my parents dont spend $ on them selfs. yeah they both got 2004-2006 cars but nothing 2 special. all there money goes into stocks and saveins so me and my sis will be well off and not have 2 work once they are gone. so yeah.. and yeah they are teachin me some stuff. im proably gunna try and start a business one day but it needs 2 be somethin good, i dont wanna fail and be fuked
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

and i proably would not but an ashton martin, im now into imports and ****, like i would get a nice car like that or a bently or w/e some pimp car. but ill always want a good import. im think 700+ rwhp supra?? or some sleeper setup
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

The days of the supra are almost gone its all about the skyline gt-r haha. Anyways out of curiosity what are you going to do in regards to ignition timing when you turn up the boost bc right now pcs can't control that and I was told their system just pumps more fuel as a safe guard. Is that correct? I see you buying EMS sometime down the road anyway.
Old 12-02-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Just to shed some light on my view of the Crower turbo cam....

After several hours of flow bench testing the stock head we realized that there is a specific point on the stock cam when the air velocity picks up in gobs. What Crower did is make the stock motor just reach that point as quick as possible and otherwise the profile is pretty generic like most turbo cams with a lot of lift. That is it.

I think we can do far better with mathching a better cam profile. Soon once we finish the head and intake manifold, we will do a bitchin one. All will see....LOL
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

im gunna be keepin the PCS so.... u gettin the same pistons and rods as me 2?
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

paul my man! i cant w8 2 see them ballin rods ahah. when i got my pistons last week i picked up the fedex box and was like wtf did he only send me 1 pistons? them things is light, i dident know ahah
Old 12-02-2006
Registered!!

yeah yeah.. tight. once they in and **** ill let u know how nice they is haha.. if i have the time and patience, i would just get my motor full done bored sleevs, block gaurd, everything, and wtih turbo just 2 put done 350+whp and be like ahwhw i beat andy and mex hhehe but that wont happen unless they both just stop buildin theres hah
Old 12-02-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
more proof of Crower's garbage...
Andy's new dyno
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

dude who cares.. did u not ready what paul wrote? and i bet when pauls **** is done andy will turn around and cop that ****. and if u would stick on topic we talkin about the stageII not III thats a whole diff lvl. and any way im already ova that ****, so bouch yo ugly *** outta here unless u got somethin 2 talk about that has 2 do wit this thred. or if u wanna come 2 FL and get WAXED.. oh **** u live in louisiana u proably dont know what waxed means
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

no. alot more ur not gunna get 75whp with the stage II. its a big up grade. like havein a stock srt-4 then goin to the stageII then stageIII. higher the stage the better. more power better revin. and yes the idle is not the same. but it makes the SOHC sound way diff and mean
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Sujak
i don't know what waxed means either...

so how big of difference you think driving with stage 2 cams would be, just rougher idle ?
lol u all up north, non gangsta people lol
Old 12-03-2006
Premium Member

lol you bout as gangsta as B-Rad from Malibu. "Don't be hatin"

The stage 2 cam doesn't idle as bad as the stage 3, its not as agressive. The stage 3 is a full race cam, so it isn't recommended of street application. That doesnt meen it cant be used for the street just if you like the lopy idle.

Stage 2 can still give you high rev potential and decent power gains. It will still perform much better than using the stock cam.

Also Matt, what do you plan to do about the timing? Adding fuel as a failsafe can only take you so far. If you gonna build a motor like that why go second rate on the engine managment? You obviously don't have money trouble so tell the rents to fork out the $1600 for the AEM EMS and do it right from the get go.
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

That's my car hehe. But remember thats the N/A stage 2 not the turbo cam.
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

XSRCivic: yes i know its better then stock everything is, thats why they make aftermarket stuff. and yes i know all about the PCS and what it does and dont do. the EMS is gunna be come after i get my head work done on my extra head. and that wont be for months, so PCS is fine 4 me. ill sell it 2 sum jit in my area for like how much i payed so i dont care. and also u dont know me ***** so, dont be sayin ohh u as gangsta as b-rad. and if u seen the move u sawl him spray at the end hehe thats a funny move
Old 12-03-2006
Registered!!

WOOT 800th post haha
Old 12-04-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Matt your rods are leaving today. You should see them tomorrow or Wednesday.
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

AznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really nice
yo let me know how it goes im very intreasted myself ^.^
Old 12-04-2006
Registered!!

AznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really nice
Originally Posted by DUDEitsMATTx
haha my **** would ran fine, there is alot of **** u dont know about that happend that only me and chris/paul know so stf^ about the week ****. the reason why paul is makein the cam shaft yeah crower is a great company everyone knows i just droped mad loot on there rods, but they dident take anywhere near the amount of time that paul takes and puts into our D17 motor. he knows every single thing proably **** honda techs dont know. so there for his cam shaft will be around the same price and out perform the crower. this is half the reason why i dident build my head yet, i wanna do all the head at once later on down the road. and this ant my first car/build, kidd so back up. and trust hah there bank account ant gunna run dry. my did is a stock broker & finacncial planner, and my mom does morgage and real estate. so once again im a
emmmmmm? how old a are u? bragging about your parants sucess dosent make u look very good......kinda making u look spolied and ur taking everything for granted

i completly agree with u about the crower cams compared to dezods. Crower is great but i dun think they will put as much time as dezod into making the cam. Also i would belive that dezod is more familiar with the d17 (just a hunch not saying its true)
Old 12-04-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
Originally Posted by AznChinksta
emmmmmm? how old a are u? bragging about your parants sucess dosent make u look very good......kinda making u look spolied and ur taking everything for granted

i completly agree with u about the crower cams compared to dezods. Crower is great but i dun think they will put as much time as dezod into making the cam. Also i would belive that dezod is more familiar with the d17 (just a hunch not saying its true)
i was thinking the same thing. If my parents bank account built my car, I would be embarrassed to post about it. Kids these days....
Old 12-05-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dezod
Matt your rods are leaving today. You should see them tomorrow or Wednesday.
nice thats what i like 2 hear paul!! my motor will be at my shop 2mrow so if i get the rods 2mrow can u say my car will be runin friday?

and 2 u people that say they would not post that there mom and dad payed 4 there stuff ur gay. and u know that if ur parents had $ and said they would help u out and pay for most if it u would. cuz spendin around $5,000 is also for someone who is 18 and dont make like $60,000 a yr. so *** u all im that my parents love me and want me 2 be happy and have stuff they never were able 2 have or w/e. so i dont lie so im not gunna sit here be like of yeah boy! i payed for everything. sry bitch
Old 12-05-2006
Registered!!

01EXGUY will become famous soon enough
sweet kit man, and good job on the install. im currently workin my *** off at work to get the same kit. im workin every day to get the money saved up. after i get my turbo kit im believe it or not gonna sell my sportbike to get my aem ems and fuel system and have it tuned by top speed performance in alpharetta georgia. their tuner is an aem factory trained technician on tuning aem ems's, so if anybody knows how to do it it will be him. anyways good job and hope everything works out for you on the build and you dont have any more problems. peace
Old 12-05-2006
Registered!!

yeah man thx.. gl on urs too.. the ems is nice. well im mad cuz my pistons got deliverd 2day but i was sleepin so i dont have them im gunna go2 there store and see if i can get them
Old 12-05-2006
Registered!!

jamesbbh is an unknown quantity at this point
proper grammer > you
Old 12-05-2006
Registered!!

01EXGUY will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by DUDEitsMATTx
yeah man thx.. gl on urs too.. the ems is nice. well im mad cuz my pistons got deliverd 2day but i was sleepin so i dont have them im gunna go2 there store and see if i can get them
yeah, did u get the ball bearing upgrade on your turbo or just the regular journal bearing type? i was thinking about getting the upgrade but i called paul at dezod and he said that for a daily driven street vehicle the regular journal type bearing would be fine. as long as your not putting down gobs of hp, he said the upgrade was not really necessary. so i will probably just get the journal type and save myself 500 bucks

Quick Reply: Turbo Installed Now Rebuild