Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Turbo Installed Now Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
wow it didnt sensor it... nice
Old 11-25-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
I GUARENTEE you I can build a ka24 that runs 9's for under 6k. It may only do it once, but it sure as hell will do it
Old 11-25-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by tavdawg
But with what you said it also gives you pride in knowing that YOU spent the money that YOU earned to get the car the way you want it, not just sucking the money from others. So then who should really get the credit for the car? Certainly not the one that only had to order the parts. That's how i feel anyways... I bought my car back in 2003 when i just turned 19. Up until now i am still paying on it but i get pride in knowing that i have worked to earn that car.
well if u read i did pay for some of it. and im putting it all in on my own, except the pistons and ****. and i dont care, cuz u all know u would do the same if ur parents said they would pay for it, u would not be like NO mom! i wanna pay for all of it!!
Old 11-25-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Logan3024
DUDE if you mommy and daddy are rich why the hell did are you wasting your time on a d17? I hope your realize that by time your done building your d17 to maybe get 280 whp along with 0 traction, You could have done a k24 swap and boost and have 400+ whp+6spd tranny.

have fun
well lets see i have not spent near the amount of $ it would cost just for a k-swap witch around here people say about $7,000 for eveything right with the k24 frank. and then to turbo it, would cost even more. and i dont feel like doin the swap cuz its more work, and would have been more time w/o a car and findin the parts. and i like 2 be diff and have a turbo SOHC if i wanted a k motor i would have trade my car in and got a new si or type-s. this is just something i wanted 2 do build a turbo car that dont come stock turbo. cuz after this car i done ill he a nicer car since i just turned 18 in sept my parents dident wanna spend 2 much incase i werck
Old 11-25-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
type-s in the future would be nice..or maybe that new skyline..thats my goal for the future.
Old 11-25-2006
Registered!!

w/e i get needs 2 be fast/turbo stock
Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
well looks good can't wait till you build the motor.
Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

i dont know exactly how low i am. but its 2 low on small bumps the FMIC and hot pipe scraped the ground
Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

just orderd my pistons and rods. pistons should be here this week and rods are on back order about a week
Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

yup the wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons and crower FI forged rods
Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

ill take a few pics when i get the parts so everyone can see the sex lol
Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear about the engine problems but when its all said and done you're probably better off that that happened since you will have a more complete build now. Just don't blow it up again hehe. Good luck with everything.
Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

puidokas is an unknown quantity at this point
Make sure you take pics of the build.
Old 11-27-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
you still gonna tune it with PCS?
Old 11-28-2006
Registered!!

@ ronaldo9: well lets hope i dont.. ill be runin 5psi till i get over 1,000 or 1,500 miles. then ill get bigger injectors and turn it to 10-12psi. and only thing i need 2 worry about then is the head. but that will be buil in the next 3-6months so.
@ puidokas: umm ill take pics of my block 2 show u all the hole and ill take pics of the pistons and rods when they get here, but im not doin the build. and it should only take 1-2days once i get everything i need 2 my guy.
@ xsrcivic: hell yah man why not? PCS XFC can do everthing the EMS can. and its a good unit. and my man chris is sick at tunein the D17 with the PCS. and once everything is ready me and him gunna meet up and tune the beat and dyno it for eveyone down the road.
Old 11-28-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
hey man! well good luck on the build..i just got my turbo kit in..got the turbo cam and vs&*r coming now..next to buy is pistons, rods, and aem ems. we are doing things a lil different..be interesting to see how they both come out.
Old 11-28-2006
Registered!!

yeah i know
Old 11-29-2006
Registered!!

anyone in my area in florida know about any junk yards??
Old 11-29-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
eta on the build completion and tuning? wondering about your hp expectance and any issues you might encounter. I'm looking to boost when i get back (Dezod GB FTMFW!!)

..now if i can only convice the wife....
Old 11-29-2006
Registered!!

AznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really nice
Originally Posted by DUDEitsMATTx
anyone in my area in florida know about any junk yards??
i do lol but im down south. Let me know how ur build goes. Im thinking the same setup almost with crower rods retainers and pistions. Im just sacred of the idling is gonna be loud and all.
Old 11-29-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
^then you could join the "hear us before you see us" crew!!

lmao
Old 11-29-2006
Registered!!

@ sujak: well im only gunna have the wiseco pistons and crower rods no head work "yet".. so ill run my 5psi till i do the 1,000-1,500 miles on the motor since its basicly brand new. chris was sayin me on 5psi is right around 190whp. so that what ill be on. and i proably wont spend $ 2 get it tuned to 10psi "witch is what the stock head can about handle" since once i get my head work done it can handle alot more no ned 2 tune it twice.

@ tuningmycivic: well i have the new motor i need so now im just w8in on my pistons and rods from dezod. im not gunna tune the car since it is already tuned on 5psi, untill i get my head work done in the next 4-6 months lol. so the final tune and last step of the build will be a little while.

@ aznchinksta: i dont think that pistons, rods and retainers will make the idle loud, i think what makes that loud is getting a new cam and cam shaft. but right now my car idles like stock, its just a little loud cuz i just have a str8 pipe for now..
Old 11-30-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
The new cam will make you all lumpy That's when you'll start to notice a difference in idles, but sound should be negligable.
Old 11-30-2006
Registered!!

pistons got here 2day
Old 11-30-2006
Registered!!

pics comein soon
Old 11-30-2006
Registered!!

get the pistons and rods from dezod, they ur best bet. cuz ur head and hold 10-12psi but ur block is a little weaker. also the crower stage2 cam shaft is garbage. paul "dezod" makein a turbo cam shaft soon that will be way better then the crower
Old 11-30-2006
Registered!!

pic time.....

Old 12-01-2006
Registered!!

AznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really nice
*drools* hurry and put it on xD
Old 12-02-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Lookin good. Wait until you see the rods. They should be here sometime early this coming week.
Old 12-02-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
Originally Posted by DUDEitsMATTx
get the pistons and rods from dezod, they ur best bet. cuz ur head and hold 10-12psi but ur block is a little weaker. also the crower stage2 cam shaft is garbage. paul "dezod" makein a turbo cam shaft soon that will be way better then the crower
Yeah don't trust a company that has been producing quality products for longer than you been alive! I laugh at you.

Quick Reply: Turbo Installed Now Rebuild