Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Turbo Installed Now Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Awsome! Looks great. Keep us posted.
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
thx everyone..
@2k2civic: yea its called a dump tube, once i get my set boost the rest of the exhaust comes out of there. i have that part in my grauge i still need 2 put it on, im a little lazy..
@dezod: yes i dident put 1 of the bolts on i cant 4 sum reason so idk... its the spot where it curvs so the bolt is 2 long 2 get in that spot 2 thred it in
Old 11-14-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DUDEitsMATTx
thx everyone..
@2k2civic: yea its called a dump tube, once i get my set boost the rest of the exhaust comes out of there. i have that part in my grauge i still need 2 put it on, im a little lazy..
@dezod: yes i dident put 1 of the bolts on i cant 4 sum reason so idk... its the spot where it curvs so the bolt is 2 long 2 get in that spot 2 thred it in
There is a stud and nut assembly we provide for that one spot. It's looks like a bolt without a head covered in threads and is 8x1.25 pitch and about 1.5" long. It threads into the turbine housing the DP slides on over it and you thread the nut provided onto it. Done deal.
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

2k2civic should not be trusted2k2civic should not be trusted
I'm jealous. I want a turbo, not really for the extra power or anything, but just to hear the whine of the turbo as it spools up.
Old 11-14-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Logan3024
Matt, If i were you i would clock the center section of the turbo more so its parallel with the ground, i also notice your missing a downpipe bolt, but it looks like it would be difficult to fit one in there. Im suprised this kit doenst come with a flex pipe, hopefully you dont crack a weld somewhere due to the engine torquing alot more now that its boosted.
It comes with a spring loaded donut gasket bolt assembly like stock does.
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dezod
There is a stud and nut assembly we provide for that one spot. It's looks like a bolt without a head covered in threads and is 8x1.25 pitch and about 1.5" long. It threads into the turbine housing the DP slides on over it and you thread the nut provided onto it. Done deal.
oh thats what that is... hah i was like wtf is this when i was lookin at the blots.. well i guess ill try and get that one 2mrow means im gunna have 2 take the str8 pipe off and the dp again owell
Old 11-14-2006
Registered!!

SOAD is on a distinguished road
you get the pcs back yet? i would be so anxious if i were you lol
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

nah but it will be here 2mrow "wed" the trackin # shows that its only like 2hrs or so away cuz i know the city its in so yeah.. and the delivery date is the 15th so im happy
Old 11-15-2006
7thgen Power Maker

oh thats what that is... hah i was like wtf is this when i was lookin at the blots.. well i guess ill try and get that one 2mrow means im gunna have 2 take the str8 pipe off and the dp again owell

Now you got it champ! BTW, that entire manifold, WG, turbo and top half of DP drops right into the engine bay BTW. No need to come under the car to install.
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

Now you got it champ! BTW, that entire manifold, WG, turbo and top half of DP drops right into the engine bay BTW. No need to come under the car to install.
well not 4 me it dident.. i had 2 take off my clutch line thing that bolts into the block.
Old 11-15-2006
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice
motor looks good mang, cant wait to see it running
congrats
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

thx... ok well i have good news and bad news.......... good news is i got my wire harness back 2day bad news still dont work russ thinks it might be something with the serial port thing. so he is just gunna tune a pcs xfc box for me off dezods site, and send it 2 me. so all ill have 2 do is unplug 2 plugs from the one i have now and plug the new 1 in, then send him the old one back so i should be good 2 go.. so i hope.. so we will see.. he is gunna do next day and it will be here friday..
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
dude...sounds like you're having my usual luck with this boost/build. hope everything works out in the end.

<<still waiting for vid and more pics. also will be hitting you up when i return for info!!
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

yeah it fin sucks bro!! ive been soo mad
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
lol, now you need to shave that front plate mount and get the oem aero lip kit.
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
man that sucks bro but all the wait is worth it...make sure u build it right and dont take any shortcuts.
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

SOAD is on a distinguished road
damn i would be so pissed lol
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

^he is LOL
Old 11-16-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Yeah sometimes stuff like that happens. I have seen bad e-manages out of the box, bad AEM EMSs out of the box, bad turbos out of the box.
Old 11-16-2006
Registered!!

Kaden_23 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like it! Looks really good!
Old 11-16-2006
Registered!!

Kaden_23 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like it! Looks really good!
Old 11-16-2006
Registered!!

yeah owell ish happens.. im not gunna put a lip on my car.. im just gunna shave the front plate thing, and do like my dents and paint same color and thats all.. also black out the windows
Old 11-16-2006
Registered!!

puidokas is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah sometimes stuff like that happens. I have seen bad e-manages out of the box, bad AEM EMSs out of the box, bad turbos out of the box.
Because of shipping???? Because almost everytime i get something from UPS it looks like they beat the box on the way to my house.
Old 11-17-2006
Registered!!

ok guys well.. i got my new and tuned PCS XFC in the mail everything is good except i cant go over 3,500 RPMS in any gear. paul told me he thinks the ECN is going into "limp mode" and he told me to add like 2 or 3 check valves, and reset the ecu. so i took the - cable off the battery and took out the ECU fuse under the hood, and then let that sit for like 10mins.. well its still doin the same thing. so just a min ago i used smaller vac hose for the one check valve and the line goin into the map sensor.. so im gunna shower cuz i have 2 leave for work in 1hrs.. so if anyone else knows something it couldbe let me know plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
damn dude so much problems with that man. hopefully someone or something will make it work right..just make sure u dont take shortcuts and do it right!
Old 11-17-2006
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
ok guys well.. i got my new and tuned PCS XFC in the mail everything is good except i cant go over 3,500 RPMS in any gear. paul told me he thinks the ECN is going into "limp mode" and he told me to add like 2 or 3 check valves, and reset the ecu. so i took the - cable off the battery and took out the ECU fuse under the hood, and then let that sit for like 10mins.. well its still doin the same thing. so just a min ago i used smaller vac hose for the one check valve and the line goin into the map sensor.. so im gunna shower cuz i have 2 leave for work in 1hrs.. so if anyone else knows something it couldbe let me know plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no line that runs to the map sensor, in previous years yes.....but on the 7thgen it plugs directly into the manifold, there are no lines that come out of it.

How is your vtec being controlled?? PCS?? Other than a map sensor a vtec system failure will also cause a "limp" situation. Get a scan tool and see whats going on.
Old 11-18-2006
Registered!!

ur dumb
Old 11-18-2006
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light
Matt try looking at this. It might help you in this case.
http://www.splitsec.com/products/vc1/vc1ds.htm
Old 11-18-2006
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by puidokas
Because of shipping???? Because almost everytime i get something from UPS it looks like they beat the box on the way to my house.
that's because they do.....bastards....i have friends that work there
Old 11-18-2006
Registered!!

anybody else thinking of the first Ace Ventura movie? rofl

Quick Reply: Turbo Installed Now Rebuild