Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

How old were you when you got your Civic.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clint in KY is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How old were you when you got your Civic.

I got my '90 HB about a month ago. Just got it to the point where I can drive it as it needed some work. No mods yet, though I am going to get a set of BMW bottlecaps wheels for it tomorrow. I am 62 years old and while I was a Crew Chief for a '84 Civic ITB car, this is the first Honda I have ever owned.

Clint in Kentucky
Old 04-07-2010
Registered!!

civic0918 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my first civic when i was 19. Now 9 years later i got the same car only a sedan because i loved that car so much. I've done everything to my old civic and totaled it. This time i just wanna be low with nice wheels and just relax and cruise down the road. Civic's are the best cars ever made imo i also own a nissan maxima which has more power and all but i just love a honda.
Old 04-07-2010
Registered!!

DANNY213 is an unknown quantity at this point

naa, those were my first set.
i currently have the Sparco rims on right now
Old 04-07-2010
Registered!!

platanaso is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: How old were you when you got your Civic.

i was 19 had a 4dr eg red i ran the life out of that car
Old 04-07-2010
Registered!!

tjg312 is an unknown quantity at this point

got a 2003 ex coupe about 5 months ago when i was 17. don't really planning on doing it since i don't have a job and got all the money from it in not exactly the most legitimate way but w/e.. so far only did spoiler(oem), euro taillights, intake, exhaust, tints and some asa ar1's on it. i wanted to get an si but didn't have enough money at the time and kinda needed a car asap at the time.
Old 04-08-2010
Registered!!

onlycodered is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my '02 Civic EX at the age of 19. I'm 21 now and it still runs great. Haven't done many modifications but I'm beginning to learn.
Old 05-04-2010
Registered!!

keeffey is an unknown quantity at this point

i was 17
im still 17
bought it for $500 and haven't regreted it
best money i ever spent
Old 05-05-2010
Registered!!

n0safebetdx is an unknown quantity at this point

24 I have previously owned 2 Chevy's and 1 dodge and I by far love my Civic the most!
Old 05-05-2010
Registered!!

rellikmac is an unknown quantity at this point

i was 15 b4 i got my license, iam 19now, ive done a motor swap and no window tint, full body kit, almost 10 grand carbon fiber hood jdm racing seats i went all out

Last edited by rellikmac; 05-05-2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: for got to add my age now
Old 08-08-2010
Registered!!

honda1996 is an unknown quantity at this point

i was 19, when i got my 96 civic cx hatchback with 48,xxx miles 3,500 dollars ,the rides i had before were 97 mazda protege, 96 accord v6, 98 Subaru impreza, and 94 sentra. now am 20.
the only modifications i have done is just a short ram intake, muffler, and painted the rims. plans for the future are: headers, bigger Honda rims probably 14" right now it has 13". i don't want aftermarket rims i just want nice Honda rims Any suggestions?. i would like to put tint in the windows, performance ship, and all of the necessary parts for turbo system in a D16Y7 engine.

Last edited by honda1996; 08-08-2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old 08-08-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

22. A few months before my 23rd birthday. Kinda like how I got my Corolla the day I turned 18. I'm sure if I got the Civic when I turned 18, the insurance would've been through the roof.
Old 10-10-2010
Registered!!

shasam1721 is an unknown quantity at this point

got my car at 18 im 20 now. 2004 civic lx sedan came with blue rings gauge cluster stock and somewat cool stock body kit.

just ordered a greddy se cat back for the coupe version because they discontinued for the sedan. i paid 666 dollars. coincidence. lol and then when it arrives here im taking it to a muffler shop and getting a custom fabricated pipe to make it fit(so basically from where the cat is underneath in the piping on the coupe to where mine is in the headers) its estimated at 200 bucks(but i was hell bent on getting this exhaust because im not that fond of those big outlet canister and i like the blue tip also.

about 2100 bucks so far on mods(includes current order of the cat back)

other mods include:
pioneer head unit(best they had at the time that didnt come with a big screen)-$320
k&n cold air intake-also 320
volo performance chip-90
voltage stabilizer with extra grounding/stabilizing wires for alt, distrib, intake mani,etc-70
sheepskin look alike seat covers(50 dollars) over top of my getting old leather covers(100 dollars)

flame decals located on sides and front of car and varius other decals-80 bucks

performance headers waiting to go on when i get a hi flow cat and either make or buy o2 cable extenders-$100

LED 4 bar blue interior lighting system(also includes different light modes with one being bouncing to the bass of the music)-$40

and my neat little 12v 3-way splitter with external light up toggle switches(blue) lol -$30

future mods include: gunmetal buddy club P1 Racing SF 15"x6.5" rims because i saw them on here and fell in love lol, and also hi flow cat, a medium sized spoiler, chrome wire covers on the top of the engine and also spark plug covers chrome.

door panel fabric changed to blue, window tinting(anyone know the laws in pa for tint limits?)

and also HID conversion kit(laws in pa of how bright i can go with these? i was thinking it was 4300k but if i can get 6000k and legal i'd like that)

Last edited by shasam1721; 10-10-2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: to add pictures
Old 10-10-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shasam1721
got my car at 18 im 20 now. 2004 civic lx sedan came with blue rings gauge cluster stock and somewat cool stock body kit.

just ordered a greddy se cat back for the coupe version because they discontinued for the sedan. i paid 666 dollars. coincidence. lol and then when it arrives here im taking it to a muffler shop and getting a custom fabricated pipe to make it fit(so basically from where the cat is underneath in the piping on the coupe to where mine is in the headers) its estimated at 200 bucks(but i was hell bent on getting this exhaust because im not that fond of those big outlet canister and i like the blue tip also.

about 2100 bucks so far on mods(includes current order of the cat back)

other mods include:
pioneer head unit(best they had at the time that didnt come with a big screen)-$320
k&n cold air intake-also 320
volo performance chip-90
voltage stabilizer with extra grounding/stabilizing wires for alt, distrib, intake mani,etc-70
sheepskin look alike seat covers(50 dollars) over top of my getting old leather covers(100 dollars)
flame decals located on sides and front of car and varius other decals-80 bucks
performance headers waiting to go on when i get a hi flow cat and either make or buy o2 cable extenders-$100
LED 4 bar blue interior lighting system(also includes different light modes with one being bouncing to the bass of the music)-$40
and my neat little 12v 3-way splitter with external light up toggle switches(blue) lol -$30

future mods include: gunmetal buddy club P1 Racing SF 15"x6.5" rims because i saw them on here and fell in love lol, and also hi flow cat, a medium sized spoiler, chrome wire covers on the top of the engine and also spark plug covers chrome.

door panel fabric changed to blue, window tinting(anyone know the laws in pa for tint limits?)

and also HID conversion kit(laws in pa of how bright i can go with these? i was thinking it was 4300k but if i can get 6000k and legal i'd like that)
-tint in PA: 70% all around, nothing allowed on windshield (source: tintlaws.com)
-Good choice with the gunmetal buddy clubs. I freakin love mine (gunmetal 17x7), even though they're beat to ****. I wanna strip them down, fix all the curb rash and messed up parts, and get the re-powdercoated gunmetal with a blue lip.
-5000k HIDs are nice. I have 6000k (55w in lieu of the standard 35w ballasts.. washes a lot of the blue color out of the light)
-I'd say ditch the K&N and get a universal AEM dryflow, but that's just me.
-Do you really have flame decals...? please tell me no.. lol.. but, if you do, to each his own..
Old 10-10-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

I got my 97 DX when I was 26. I got my 99 Si last July at 28.

I bought it with most of the stuff.I put in a sub/amp, speakers, deleted the wing and badges, replaced the head gasket. I bought the car for $1500. My stereo stuff was about $1000. Head gasket+water pump+all belts=$600. Total $ spent on car so far $3100 (including the car).

I need to replace the tires and get new fully adjustable shocks/springs and a-arms+rear arms(I forget what ya call em) before I start driving it again. That should be about $1600.

Last edited by Mad Dog Tannen; 10-10-2010 at 02:46 AM.
Old 10-10-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I guess since I'm bored and haven't posted an "update" of my car in this thread....

I've had my car since I was 3 months shy of 18. I'm a month shy of being 26 now.
Got the car with 6 miles on the odometer, she now has 120,000 miles. The car's seen just about the 4 corners of the US, started off in Vegas, then off to Charleston, SC, then driven to upstaty NY (Saratoga Springs), then driven back to Vegas, then driven up to Seattle, WA, then finally back to Vegas. Also taken random road trips to San Diego, LA, Northern Cali (San Joaquin county), the Bay Area, Arizona, Utah, and when I was stationed in WA, a few road trips to Oregon.

Probably have about $11-12k worth of **** on my car at the moment, with another couple thousand dollars worth of stuff I have in my room (including the turbo, manifold, intercooler, AEM FI/C, buddy club SECU-Timer, amongst other things)
Old 10-10-2010
Registered!!

303jordan is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my 97 coupe in April when I was 16. Now I'm 17.
Mods:
B16 Swap
AEM fuel rail
Greddy exhaust
Strut bar
K sport adjustable struts
Tenzo-R 17" wheels
Had a CF hood, but i have to fix it haha
Old 10-10-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

I was 18 and now I am 21.

Mods:
Custom sri
dc race header
apexi noir exhaust
skunk2 lowering springs
powerslotted rotors
hawk hps pads
buddy club short shifter
red h steering wheel viynl
front and rear red h emblems
type r shift boot
type r shift ****
exedy stage 1 clutch
Old 10-10-2010
Registered!!

shasam1721 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
-tint in PA: 70% all around, nothing allowed on windshield (source: tintlaws.com)
-Good choice with the gunmetal buddy clubs. I freakin love mine (gunmetal 17x7), even though they're beat to ****. I wanna strip them down, fix all the curb rash and messed up parts, and get the re-powdercoated gunmetal with a blue lip.
-5000k HIDs are nice. I have 6000k (55w in lieu of the standard 35w ballasts.. washes a lot of the blue color out of the light)
-I'd say ditch the K&N and get a universal AEM dryflow, but that's just me.
-Do you really have flame decals...? please tell me no.. lol.. but, if you do, to each his own..
yea i just sanded and repainted my plastic rim covers...lol but atleast they look all shinny now. cant you see the pictures in the comment of my car? its the first time i ever did that, but it should have worked.. 6000k is wat i want and i think ill take ur advise on the ballasts. well the gas lid sounds like a lot of work for using the carbon/kevlar, but it looks nice so i gotta think about it. and im not sure i understood about the vaccuming and if you can just use automotive clear coat or fabric clearcoat? if it exists
Old 10-10-2010
Administrator
Administrator

I didn't do it myself. There's a whole process that goes into carbon fiber or carbon/kevlar work.. I've been wanting to delve into it, but it's kinda expensive to get everything. Vacuum bagging is you laying on the carbon fiber or carbon/kevlar sheet, applying the resin, putting it in a special bag, then vacuuming the air out of it so there's atmospheric pressure on your piece while it cures. That ensures you get a nice, even, surface that can take abuse, and proper curing of the resin. Then, on top of that, since many gel coats and resins aren't UV protective, some add a coat of automotive paint UV-protective clearcoat. Then wet sanding, polishing, etc take place to make it a nice looking piece.

If you're gonna go HID, I'd recommend doing it the right way (i.e. retrofit) the first time. I went the cheapo route and stuck them in halogen projectors that I modified to make a nice cutoff, but even then, the light output wasn't nearly as good as my current retrofit setup is. Sure, the retro route will be hella more expensive up front, but worth it, and cheaper in the long run. Just make sure that if you get a retrofit done, and decide on the 55w ballasts, that they can take the extra heat from a 55w HID system. I googled the crap out of the projectors I have, and people generally have had no problems with my setup. I have seen some pictures where a 55w setup destroyed the reflective lining on the projector bowl, hindering light output. My 55w 6000k actually has the same color as my old 35w 5000k system did. My setup is barely whiter than my lil brother's '08 is250's, but my HIDs outshine his

Oh, and I posted that before you posted up the pics.. lol.. and yea, I'm not feeling the flames.. but if you like 'em, keep 'em.
Old 10-10-2010
Registered!!

Joe_Nash is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got it. I'm17. Havent put any mods in it yet. But just the norm money spent on it, gas, insurance, tags, all that legal bs... Full time High School Student, Work part/full time (depending on the hours i get.. i work 20 hours one week and 35-40 the next.. lol) I paid 500 for my civic Family Deal.
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted

I bought my 04 Ex coupe brand new when I was 18. It only had 6 miles! Never regretted the purchase
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

sureshot1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

1996 civic hb got it at 18 now iam 31 the car has been in my garage for years never got rid of it i put alot of miles on it 2 engine swaps so a say around 20-25000 in mods not includeing turbos
Old 11-03-2010
Registered!!

joshcc is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a first gen crx at 15 and it never ran! but i sat in it almost everyday ten years later ive had every kind of ef and a few accords but now i have a 2001 lx and i love it
Old 11-04-2010
EM2 Owner

Black_EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was 17, still am. I got an 05 Civic VP Coupe right after my birthday. I am currently paying it off working part time at McShitthole.

Mods
AEM SRI
Silverline custom Catback Exhaust
2 Alpine 12" type S powered by a V Power 500 Amp
Rockford Component speakers powered by 350W Pioneer amp
Kenwood deck
Pioneer rear speakers
5 Farad Cap

Came out to be about 6500$ (car plus mods)
Old 11-04-2010
Registered!!

civiclover1991 is an unknown quantity at this point

i got my 02 Civic Ex when i was 18, im still 18...till december.
no mods yet other than my tint
Old 11-04-2010
Registered!!

CivicChick25 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was 16. Now I'm 25.
Old 11-27-2010
Registered!!

JBLU93DXH is an unknown quantity at this point

I was 35 when I bought my '93 civic hatch.
Old 11-27-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

18 when I got my "88 in 1993. That was 5 civics ago.
Old 12-02-2010
Registered!!

iCivic-3G is an unknown quantity at this point

I was 19 when I got my 94 EJ2 in July but sold it in January of last year when the engine hydrolocked i just turned 21 nov 25th and regret selling it so now im going to be picking up a 95 EJ1 pretty soon haha wayy better condition then mine was in
Old 12-02-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iCivic-3G
... now im going to be picking up a 95 EJ1 pretty soon haha wayy better condition then mine was in
Ha. Gotta love it.

Quick Reply: How old were you when you got your Civic.