Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Need some advice :)

Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
z3r0o0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Need some advice :)

hey guys,

Im new here, but anyways. I have an 2001 silver honda civic lx. [4 door] automatic =/ [Got it for free]

I have around 10 grand. I want to do some mod to the car..

Any advice of what I should do first? I already have short ram aem intake, and a universal exhaust.

I was thinking of getting a bodykit, and some rims. Do you guys have any advice of any good brands? *pics/brand/tire size (i prefer thin ones for tire size) type would be appreciated *

Im also thinking of turboing it.. maybe change the camshaft, tranny, headers? any advice on that would also be greatly appreciated hehehe

Basically, i got 10 grand to spend to mod of this car. I wanna make it sexiii hihihi (it has 82 miles on it)

Last edited by z3r0o0; 02-12-2006 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-12-2006
Wanna see a donkey show?

cg95660 is an unknown quantity at this point
K swap k swap k swap. Forget all the rest if you have that much swap out the d17 for the k20a2.
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

Hank_Si is an unknown quantity at this point
Better yet, sell the civic then take that money and your 10gs and buy an RSX-S. Thats what I would do. I just aint in to autos and from what everyone else is saying they apparently have problems.
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cg95660
K swap k swap k swap. Forget all the rest if you have that much swap out the d17 for the k20a2.
so, if I k swap would it be faster than turboing the regular stock engine? and also, can I still use the short ram intake i have?
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

Hank_Si is an unknown quantity at this point
The intake wont work on the k if its for the D17 and I am not sure so anyone that knows chim in here but I think the turbo may put it about equal with the k maybe a little more? I guess it would all depend on the turbo set up. I would think the better choice would be to go with the swap.
Old 02-12-2006
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by z3r0o0
hey guys,

Im new here, but anyways. I have an 2001 silver honda civic lx. [4 door] automatic =/ [Got it for free]

Any advice of what I should do first? I already have short ram aem intake, and a universal exhaust.

I was thinking of getting a bodykit, and some rims. Do you guys have any advice of any good brands? *pics/brand/tire size (i prefer thin ones for tire size) type would be appreciated *

Im also thinking of turboing it.. maybe change the camshaft, tranny, headers? any advice on that would also be greatly appreciated hehehe

Basically, i got 10 grand to spend to mod of this car. I wanna make it sexiii hihihi (it has 82 miles on it)
You just have 10 grand laying around... Good for you... Paint the car championship white buy full ITR suspension Drop in a k20r And all the other JDM goods you can find and marvel at what youve done. Or you can give the money to me and i'll do it to mine.
Old 02-12-2006

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
Oh... If you have that much money find a shop and get the auto trany swapped for a 5spd.
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Slow Gold
Oh... If you have that much money find a shop and get the auto trany swapped for a 5spd.

yeah that was also what I was about to do too
Old 02-12-2006

word
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
If your gonna swap a 5spd to it, get a k20a(2) while your at it. Probably faster then a turbo and you could turbo/SC that too if you want in the future.
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
You can do a whole lot with 10k. Especially if you look for good deals.

I personally would use the money on things OTHER than my car, like savings. Only mod my car a bit. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Hank_Si
Better yet, sell the civic then take that money and your 10gs and buy an RSX-S. Thats what I would do. I just aint in to autos and from what everyone else is saying they apparently have problems.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ DO THAT
Old 02-12-2006
DONT PANIC

turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
i say spend $3k on a turbo + 5 speed conversion then save the rest. Invest it in the stock market or something.
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

myhdnromance is an unknown quantity at this point
sell it and buy a 2006 si!
Old 02-13-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
the the auto, grab a turbo and some nitrous, spend the rest to make it a show car. blow everyone away
Old 02-13-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Sell take that money + the 10 G's And buy something better.
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

klectic has a spectacular aura aboutklectic has a spectacular aura aboutklectic has a spectacular aura about
so, if I k swap would it be faster than turboing the regular stock engine? and also, can I still use the short ram intake i have?
dude! i think before you buy anything do some more MAJOR research on what you would want to look into, and then think of buying.

but from ur list of future mods, should be good.

Last edited by klectic; 02-13-2006 at 01:06 AM.
Old 02-13-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by klectic
dude! i think before you buy anything do some more MAJOR research on what you would want to look into, and then think of buying.

but from ur list of future mods, should be good.

i agree..

everyone else is like DO THIS THAT
Old 02-13-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
if you dont care that it slow, put a nice lip kit on it, black out the headlights, get the JDM outer tails, nice drop some nice rims, thats about it. oh and if you want to be real JDM get the side markers off the rsx

oh and for everyone who said, just kswap it, you make it like its that easy. lol
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

MiTurbinEsDerty is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys,

Invest and save your money. Don't spend it on your car.
Old 02-13-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
whats up with some many people saying, oh dont spend it on the civic! if he wants to spend it on his vic then let him.
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

heheh, thx for ur opinion guys I think my first mod i am going to do is get a bodykit for the car, then some rims.

What is the best bodykit combination that would look good on my 4 door lx civic 2001? any opinions?
Old 02-13-2006
PWIT

i would do it this way, cause a kit on a car with stock 14" HUBCAPS and no drop looks rediculous, i would drop it, then get some rims, then a body kit, cause at least that way at no point will it look funny.
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CenZ
i would do it this way, cause a kit on a car with stock 14" HUBCAPS and no drop looks rediculous, i would drop it, then get some rims, then a body kit, cause at least that way at no point will it look funny.
yea, i am going to get a kit, then some rims, then after that drop it down
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
I too say drop it first then the rims.