Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Lost interest in modding 7thgen.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Originally Posted by MajinB
yea i put subs in my car when i was in highschool. it was a phase. anyway, this is the first thing we agree on.
the rest of you are Pvsseys for bitchin about your car. do what a real man does, DEAL WITH IT - do something and quit talkin about it.
Well its true that these 7thgens dont last and were not bitching about it were just mad!! I even called Honda for the thermostat housing and told em about my tranny problem and he even said that its very very common for 7thgen trannies to fail. Then how come when i talk to customers about their older Civics like the 91-00 they all said its a real reliable car and for my sisters 97 Accord the only major thing she had to replace was the radiator recently which has 150k miles..... Don't bitch about us bitching cuz you're just doing the same!!!
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
if my auto goes out im going with a k20a3 or a2

i have 52k on mine. if my tranny goes out im not going to trip b/c **** happens

at least we dont drive fords.
Old 02-15-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by goodtimes
at least we dont drive fords.
+1 4 u
Old 02-15-2006
Like my dad used to say, Just bend over and take it like a man, son

J_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trusted
Originally Posted by dru106
Unless you have a K-series engine this car is not worth the mod....
nah man the RSX even have their problems, esp. the tranny. for example, two of my friends who don't kno each other BOTH have TYPE S and their trannies went out outta nowhere
Old 02-15-2006
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
eh... i've kinda lost interest also.. i think its the fact that i was forced to live paycheck to paycheck for the last like.. 3 paychecks, mainly because of my car, and there's really nothing else i wanna do.. except finish up this turbo (tune, wideband a/f, other small accessories..) then i'm done..
Old 02-15-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
eh... i've kinda lost interest also.. i think its the fact that i was forced to live paycheck to paycheck for the last like.. 3 paychecks, mainly because of my car, and there's really nothing else i wanna do.. except finish up this turbo (tune, wideband a/f, other small accessories..) then i'm done..
if you ever get rid of your turbo, pm me
Old 02-15-2006
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Then how come when i talk to customers about their older Civics like the 91-00 they all said its a real reliable car
The people you talk to about 91-00 Civics are probably saying that their cars are very reliable because in general thats what Civics are... I would say that they havent even experienced the car for a long enough time to actually determine that its reliable.... they're just saying it. All cars have problem.... I look at it this way:

When you buy a Honda there is a 1 out of 10 chance that you will get a car with problems and longevity issues. Thats 10% of all Civics sold in America which is still quiet a big numerical number.... you gotta expect this stuff with anything that is mass produced.

Ok, so there is a 10% chance to buy a crappy Honda. Now if you were buying a Ford Focus then I would say the odds of getting a shitty one would be more like 5 out of 10 or even 6 out of 10 (I wish I could do an actual survey). So roughly there is a 50% chance to getting a shitty Ford when you purchase one.

It all becomes a numbers game...... close your eyes and stick your hand into a paper bag full of colored marbles. To pull out a shitty marble out of a Honda bag is about 10% and to pull out a shitty marble out of a Ford bag is 50%. Feeling lucky? Its all about getting lucky and hitting the right car... only with Honda the odds are in your favor of hitting the good car.

Some might say that you will pull out a shitty marble out of the Ford paper bag 10 out of 10 times though... but who knows...
Old 02-15-2006
Blacked Out Crew

rockrosa is an unknown quantity at this point
Some people refuse to buy american cars built on Mondays or Fridays....anyone know why? Honda's and Toyota's are considered the most reliable automobiles in North America...according to Consumer Reports. Toyota will soon surpass GM in total sales and production in America.
Old 02-16-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Well, I went to Honda yesterday to see if they would fix my headlight switch but unfortunatley they didnt cuz my car's vin # doesnt qualify. And he told me that the recall was about the switch burning out bulbs not melting the harness....
Old 02-16-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
Kids and coupes don't mix. Get a hot sedan
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
think about it this way. everyone bitches about what they got. we bitch about d17's. rsx guys bitch about their a3's or a2's. I'm sure the STI guys bitch that they're so slow too. everyone wants more power and speed. no one will ever be satisfied. it's a hobby and a passion, so naturally, human's want more. as soon as you get what you planned for out of your car, you move on.
Old 02-17-2006
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
We should all learn to service a transmission =D
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Hahaha, that's a good one.
Old 02-18-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

Originally Posted by kornsined
think about it this way. everyone bitches about what they got. we bitch about d17's. rsx guys bitch about their a3's or a2's. I'm sure the STI guys bitch that they're so slow too. everyone wants more power and speed. no one will ever be satisfied. it's a hobby and a passion, so naturally, human's want more. as soon as you get what you planned for out of your car, you move on.
lol.....civics arent suppose to be fast and hearing a guy who owns an STI saying that their car is slow is unherd of.......
Old 02-18-2006
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
lol.....civics arent suppose to be fast and hearing a guy who owns an STI saying that their car is slow is unherd of.......
Old 02-18-2006

wow i have never heard anyone bitch about a k20 motor. except the mini-van people and thats just cause they own a minivan
Old 02-19-2006
Registered!!

ill02civic will become famous soon enoughill02civic will become famous soon enough
wow, u say u got sick of modding ... but the next car you'll be getting...u'll end up modding it again ... lol...but good luck w/ your next car ..i say get an m3 ..less to mod than civics
Old 02-19-2006
Registered!!

wow i have never heard anyone bitch about a k20 motor. except the mini-van people and thats just cause they own a minivan
go check out clubrsx.com. i've read a lot of bitching.
Old 02-20-2006
Registered!!

xtheenderx will become famous soon enoughxtheenderx will become famous soon enough
how do u guys jack up ur transmission so fast??? its not the car thats weak its probably most of your driving.... i have an 02 and my transmission is still in good shape after 80k+ miles on it i mean if ur floorin the gas every other turn then that could be your problem... auto transmission isnt meant to be abused like that. for god sakes people by the auto cuz they want luxury and comfort rather than switchin gears every time u come to a corner. Its your cars guys... if u handle it, clean it, etc for the exterior shouldnt u guys be doin the same thing for the engine also??? wat good is a clean shell if ur engine doesnt even run... wats the fun in modding a car like that??? take better care of ur car guys....

If your really not satisfied with the 7th gen, why did u consider buyin it in a first place if u werent plannin to go all out. if you truly were an enthusiast for the 7th wouldnt u at least attempt to mod it rather than just stopping at rims, lip kit, and watever. Do sumthing u'll be satisfied with! Do sumthing no1 has thought of before like.. instead of doing wat every other person is doing by adding the k-series into the EM2 do a B-series swap. not a LOT of ppl have done it so far. and its a lot cheaper since ur not willin to spend $6-7k on ur civic. the b series swap at most will cost you 3-4k probably the amount you spent on ur rims.. unless there fake lol.

Last edited by xtheenderx; 02-20-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-20-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by xtheenderx
how do u guys jack up ur transmission so fast??? its not the car thats weak its probably most of your driving.... i have an 02 and my transmission is still in good shape after 80k+ miles on it i mean if ur floorin the gas every other turn then that could be your problem... auto transmission isnt meant to be abused like that. for god sakes people by the auto cuz they want luxury and comfort rather than switchin gears every time u come to a corner. Its your cars guys... if u handle it, clean it, etc for the exterior shouldnt u guys be doin the same thing for the engine also??? wat good is a clean shell if ur engine doesnt even run... wats the fun in modding a car like that??? take better care of ur car guys....

If your really not satisfied with the 7th gen, why did u consider buyin it in a first place if u werent plannin to go all out. if you truly were an enthusiast for the 7th wouldnt u at least attempt to mod it rather than just stopping at rims, lip kit, and watever. Do sumthing u'll be satisfied with! Do sumthing no1 has thought of before like.. instead of doing wat every other person is doing by adding the k-series into the EM2 do a B-series swap. not a LOT of ppl have done it so far. and its a lot cheaper since ur not willin to spend $6-7k on ur civic. the b series swap at most will cost you 3-4k probably the amount you spent on ur rims.. unless there fake lol.

I agree with you on your statement about the auto transmissions. As for the B-swap. The reason no one does it, is because its illegal. Yes the B-swap is a cheaper motor, but you'll spend just as much as a k-swap in the cost of custom work you would need to do in order for a b-swap to fit into a em2. The B-series is older technology, if your gonna spend a few grand you might as well use the newest technology.
Old 02-20-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
my k20 is slow ;(
Old 02-21-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
^^^ o yeah right foo, and my D17 is fast lol
Old 02-21-2006

Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
my k20 is slow ;(
ill trade you motors ill even pay for shipping on both of them. give me a break
Old 02-21-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

Originally Posted by xtheenderx

I do take care of my car and I hardly race it cuz I already know its slow. Then why are all the auto trannies at the junkyard for 7thgens are all sold out?? Hmmm...makes you wonder. I even asked the guy at the Honda dealer when i bought my headlight harness about the tranny problem and he said its very common on 7thgens. Plus if i knew that there were tranny problems with this type of car of course i wouldnt have bought it. But it was new at the time so how could I know?? Plus why the heck would I wanna do an illegal B-swap?? It would cost just as much as a K series cuz of theres a lot of custom work that needs to be done. And 3-4k on a B series swap is rediculous cuz i can get another car for that price with the swap. Plus how can you spend 3-4k on rims on a civic............
Old 02-21-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
I lost interest to but i love my civic and i am having a hard time letting it go. lol so i am just going to keep on doing stuff to it.
Old 02-21-2006
Registered!!

xtheenderx will become famous soon enoughxtheenderx will become famous soon enough
I do take care of my car and I hardly race it cuz I already know its slow. Then why are all the auto trannies at the junkyard for 7thgens are all sold out?? Hmmm...makes you wonder. I even asked the guy at the Honda dealer when i bought my headlight harness about the tranny problem and he said its very common on 7thgens. Plus if i knew that there were tranny problems with this type of car of course i wouldnt have bought it. But it was new at the time so how could I know?? Plus why the heck would I wanna do an illegal B-swap?? It would cost just as much as a K series cuz of theres a lot of custom work that needs to be done. And 3-4k on a B series swap is rediculous cuz i can get another car for that price with the swap.
its only illegal if you get caught. [-_-] but u have a point. i'm just curious.. y not just get a tranny swap to a 5spd instead of sticking to the auto??? wouldnt it be easier?

Plus how can you spend 3-4k on rims on a civic............
I was being sarcastic btw