Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Lost interest in modding 7thgen.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006
Unsalvageable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
^ yeoch, go easy man. majinb was a great help, and answered my questions straight up w/o hesitation.
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Keep in mind people, that no one posts if there car is running perfectly. If people with good auto trannies posted how there tranny was perfectly fine, i'm sure the forum would be filled with hundreds of thousands of posts. Most people only post when they have a problem and dont post when they don't. So keep in mind these problem posts are probably a very small number to the number of cars produced.

How about i start?

04 auto tranny with 55k on it running perfectly. Had aem sri for 20k and went back to stock.
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

Aaron Bereznak is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry I didn't get to read all 5 pages, but I have a 01 civic LX Sedan, auto tranny, and it seems they're having some problems to say the least, is this only auto trannys? If I swap in a 04 manual tranny, would it be just as bad?
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rEkKaShInObI
im sure there are people who've gone past 50k and havent had any major problems yet.

my dad has a 2001 Lx auto civic 4dr, and he has 140k..and still going strong..hes driving it in the ground...
Old 02-14-2006
Blacked Out Crew

rockrosa is an unknown quantity at this point
Consumer Reports rated the 2001-2003 AT very poor. Honda then focused on AT in 04-05. The rims could've also played a part in your AT's demise.
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
so... does anyone know for sure if the 04-05 is a better tranny?
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
just go buy a new car! im sure you have something else to complain about if you got a 04-06 tranny...lol
Old 02-14-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
^ relax, y0!

looks like u need some of this:

omg. i forgot about this. yea your right.
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
give me some of them pills. what do they do?
Old 02-14-2006
Like my dad used to say, Just bend over and take it like a man, son

J_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trusted
7thgen civics are CRAP....i had the starter replaced, the alternator replaced, and now my tranny starting to slip
Old 02-14-2006
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by J_UNIT
7thgen civics are CRAP....i had the starter replaced, the alternator replaced, and now my tranny starting to slip
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

my alt only lasted 2 years
Old 02-14-2006
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
Is it just me or is the number of people having trouble with auto tranny's way above normal. Did honda recall them or anything in them. It's not like 1 out of ten having a problem its more like 7 out of ten.
Old 02-14-2006
Blacked Out Crew

rockrosa is an unknown quantity at this point
When did this thread become 7thgenbashing.com?
Old 02-14-2006
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by dru106
I bought my car on April of 2002 and have been a member here since Oct 02 and ever since my tranny went out I have totally lost interest in modding this car!! This is the worst civic ever made IMO..... I look back at this car and it just makes me mad!! How I pampered this car, washed it, mod it, spent so much $$ and just to have the tranny go out at 50k miles is really upsetting. I paid $2300 to repair the auto tranny and even now its still not working perfectly!!! When i put it in D the light doesnt go on on the cluster and it wouldnt move unless i wiggle the shifter a bit. I need to take it back... Im really just about ready to give up this car cuz i can already tell this rebuilt tranny isnt gonna last. I mean i can swap if I wanted to but do I really want to put another $6-7 on a civic?? My plans for next yr isnt set yet but im thinking of getting an Ek, EG hatch, or used RSX-S. What do you guys think i should do for next yr??
Probly since that was written
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
I'd say 80% of the 01-02 civics have transmission problems whether is A/T or M/T. Had mine fixed once under warranty, but its still broke and I'm out of the warranty period and I put nitrous on my car. If I could do it all over again, I would not have bought a 7thgen, but then again I didn't know in 2001 that the transmissions would be this messed up and that Honda wouldn't honor warranty repairs for kids like me with an intake and muffler.

I will tell you one thing, I will never NEVER take my car to a dealership to get fixed again. I used to work at one and I've delt with them on many occasions to know about the shady **** they do.
Old 02-14-2006
Like my dad used to say, Just bend over and take it like a man, son

J_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trustedJ_UNIT should not be trusted
Originally Posted by Tragedy
HEY! HARHARHAR UR A JACKASS! im gonna laugh if YOU have a tragedy one day for saying something stupid to the wrong person
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

yup if you know anyone that works at a dealer, you will think twice about going there for service.
Old 02-14-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Guess what kids!! Another problem......I was driving with my headlights on then as soon as I parked it i smell something burning coming from my car and i thought it was just some coolant leaking more getting it on to the exhaust manifold. I opened the hood smoke was coming outta the left headlight and it was my yellow NOKYA bulbs that I have for about 2-3 months burning the hella outta my stock headlight harness melting it. Good thing it didnt catch on fire lol. Now i need to replace both headlight harnesses...... WOW!! I love this car!!!!!!!!

Last edited by dru106; 02-14-2006 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

oh man! i had those nokya for a long time and never had a problem. are you sure it isn't the switch recall that did it? did you ever get that replaced?
Old 02-14-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Originally Posted by gearbox
oh man! i had those nokya for a long time and never had a problem. are you sure it isn't the switch recall that did it? did you ever get that replaced?
Nah, mines never got replaced...should i go back to the dealers?
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

well the 01-02 had a faulty combination switch that could short out and melt the wires, causing headlight failure. just put the stock bulbs back in when you take it back. you should've gotten a letter. i did but mine has been fine for 4 years so i assumed it was okay.
Old 02-14-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

well the 01-02 had a faulty combination switch that could short out and melt the wires, causing headlight failure. just put the stock bulbs back in when you take it back. you should've gotten a letter. i did but mine has been fine for 4 years so i assumed it was okay.
ic, so its the switch itself including the signal switch? Hopefully they wont bitch about my car being modified!!!!
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

well like i said its easy to blame the headlights even tho its the switch. i'll try and find the tsb. but yea its the whole headlight/signal switch that has faulty wiring. it looks like they are gonna have to replace your headlight wires too if they melted.
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
so... does anyone know for sure if the 04-05 is a better tranny?

You should ask this guy. He did a 01 to 04 tranny swap. He seems pretty happy with it

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=209585
Old 02-14-2006
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
you know, its like gearbox said, this is getting depressing......
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

ya lol but thats a manual. i guess they could have improved the auto too?
Old 02-14-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

Unless you have a K-series engine this car is not worth the mod....
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
I think its a phase we go through with modding Civics...... I went throug this phase and then one day just lost interest. I just realized that its only a Civic and modding it is just a way to cover up reality..... I'm never gonna mod another cheap car again. If I get a chance to grab a real nice car like an M3 in the near future then I would definatly mod the hell out of it but as far as cars like Civics go I'm done.

I sold my Civic this summer and decided to save money so I can get a used M3 in the next couple years..... hopefully it'll work out.

However, I think Civics are the BEST cars there are. They are very reliable, cheap to maintain, great on gas and GREAT resale value..... you use it for a couple years and then sell it and barely take a loss on depreciation.

I ended up grabbing a 2004 Civic at an auction in October because of the thigns I mentioned above..... I'll dump it in a couple of years for approximatly what it auction off for.

Also, I know some of you guys are having problems but the MAJORITY of Civics are great quality/problemless. Don't forget that this site consists of about 15k people.... how many of those actually post regularly? Not many.... so when a couple poeple get a problem with their car and post it up it seems that the majority of the cars are crappy when in reality I would say about 90% of the Civics are solid as a rock.

Last edited by hustlelikem0fo; 02-14-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-14-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hustlelikem0fo
Also, I know some of you guys are having problems but the MAJORITY of Civics are great quality/problemless. Don't forget that this site consists of about 15k people.... how many of those actually post regularly? Not many.... so when a couple poeple get a problem with their car and post it up it seems that the majority of the cars are crappy when in reality I would say about 90% of the Civics are solid as a rock.
yea i put subs in my car when i was in highschool. it was a phase. anyway, this is the first thing we agree on.
the rest of you are Pvsseys for bitchin about your car. do what a real man does, DEAL WITH IT - do something and quit talkin about it.

Quick Reply: Lost interest in modding 7thgen.......