Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Maybe a new car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
^^ Very well put.
Old 02-08-2006
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Why don't you just keep your free car and use the money building it... with the money you would be using on car payments you could build it to be way faster then the si
Old 02-08-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't matter ^ hes set in his ways, even though every single person has said to keep it, don't waste your breath.
Old 02-08-2006
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
I didn't waste my breath drew... I wasted my finger movement :-P
Old 02-08-2006

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Yea you usually waste your breath talking to me I'll give ya a ring tonight.
Old 02-08-2006
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by GACivic
I don't have $8,000...It would just be whatever they gave me for my car. Which should be around $7,000 which would make the payments like $240 a month.
I know you don't have 8K sitting around. If you work from now until October though, making 1K/month, that will be 8K. Add that with the 7K you can get from a trade-in, and you have 15K, which makes for a crazy down-payment and very easy monthly payments.
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

GACivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I decided against it. I will work with the 02 SSM Coupe I have now. Maybe make it into a show car(body kit, carbon fiber trunk/hood etc.)
Old 02-10-2006
Registered!!

CustomXSpunjah is an unknown quantity at this point
haha i hate to argue with you but show cars are absolutely useless unless you rack up sonsors, make money from shows, and then worship your car when you get home. Just save your money, putting it into a car gives you nothing back except for the sheer enjoyment of a new part that wears off after a few weeks.
Old 02-10-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, but maybe he wants to do it for personal satifaction, just to know his car is nicer than every other civic on the road, and turns heads as he drives down the block.
Old 02-10-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
Ok well I'm 17, and I've never actually paid for my own car. I'm tired of the 02 LX. And I was at the Honda dealership looking at cars today and I really like the 06 coupe's. I might be getting a job that pays 10.5 an hour and thats pretty damn good for a 17 year olds job while still in high school.

Anyways I looked up prices, and I think I'll get a 06 Civic SI with the upgraded 18" wheels if I get a job.

Good/Bad idea?

DO u know how much insurance is going to be? I am 17 and its crazy u will never make it stick with what u have and do work to it?
Old 02-10-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
did you read the other the other 6 pages, he said he aint getting it
Old 02-10-2006
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
do whatever you want.

Stop throwing adult talk to him.
Old 02-10-2006
Registered!!

I already stated that I'm keeping the 02. I believe I'll get the Si this summer though.
Old 02-10-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CenZ
yeah, but maybe he wants to do it for personal satifaction, just to know his car is nicer than every other civic on the road, and turns heads as he drives down the block.
if you wanna turn heads, buy a sound system :P
nah...

this thread should be closed!
Old 02-10-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CustomXSpunjah
if you wanna turn heads, buy a sound system :P
nah...

this thread should be closed!
I have a Kenwood Head Unit, Kenwood 1700 Max Watts Amp (being ran at 1000) and (2) 12" Type R's. It rattles my back window a little like the glass flexes.
Old 02-10-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
I know you decided not to get the Si. But the only reason why you wanted it so early is cuz you want to show it off saying that you just bought the new Si........
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dru106
I know you decided not to get the Si. But the only reason why you wanted it so early is cuz you want to show it off saying that you just bought the new Si........
Actually no. I would actually like to buy my own car(mom bought my current one). I also want some responsibility. But if I wait til I'm 18 my mom can co-sign a loan which will help me earn credit (we have a credit union @ Budweiser that will give me a loan).

But yes I do love the new Si. I love the new body style in general, but I would only get the Si.
Old 02-11-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
If the juice is worth the squeeze.......
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

I have a Kenwood Head Unit, Kenwood 1700 Max Watts Amp (being ran at 1000) and (2) 12" Type R's. It rattles my back window a little like the glass flexes.
id take your system to the bank :P
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

fieryhill is an unknown quantity at this point
My parent's own my car too but it's till mine...mine, yours, theirs whats the diff. you still have a car to drive and not everyone can say that...but hey if you want to get a new car go for it, but i don't see the point when you have a perfectly good one. The Si has a lot of hype right now, everyone wants one, heck I do too but I got what I got. I'm in my 2nd year of college, and my college was paid for the first year, then I screwed around and lost my scholarship (not saying that's what you'll do but I go to one of the top 10 party schools), financial responsiblilty came faster than I realized. Just putting out my situation for no reason but meh do what ya want...
Old 02-11-2006
Wish I had a Turbo 3)

04|5spdCivic can only hope to improve
hey man i'm 17 too and if i were in your situation i'd take as much pressure off my mom and myself as i could. i'd drive a car that could be payed off. doesnt matter if its a geo metro or an 02 rsx-s. i'd drive somthing that wouldnt have high insurance and high payments. if you want to make your mom proud show her that you can get 20,000 dollars in the bank by the time you leave home.
i've thought about it a hundred times and the 06 si is not worth risking a single thing.
if you want to truly be happy drive your car that have now to disneyland with a hot *** chick (or two) sittin in the passenger seat, and spend 2-3k dollars on yourself. instead of some stupid car.

P.S. if that didn't make you change your mind maybe this will

The 06 SI is the gayest dumbest ugliest POS mini van wannabe's with the ugliest rims the wimpiest 4 banger lil tiny woopiedeey doo V-tech hehe ever. it weighs like 50 thousand pounds. its an unreliable crappy car. and....theres not a single person in the entire world who likes it.
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

fieryhill is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 04|5spdCivic
P.S. if that didn't make you change your mind maybe this will

The 06 SI is the gayest dumbest ugliest POS mini van wannabe's with the ugliest rims the wimpiest 4 banger lil tiny woopiedeey doo V-tech hehe ever. it weighs like 50 thousand pounds. its an unreliable crappy car. and....theres not a single person in the entire world who likes it.
suuuuuure...
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

This thread just needs to be closed.
Old 02-12-2006

Yea it should cause i seen where you ordered a CF hood and stuff for your car, decided to stick with the Civic still i guess.
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

Stayinstock is an unknown quantity at this point
Say man...just putting in my two pennies here...but assuming you're capable of making payments on a 20,000 dollar car, why not look at 03-04 15-16k dollar SI hatch?

How about another car altogether? You can get a Suburu Legacy for less than 20k factory turbo'd. I was looking at 2005 Legacy GT 2.5 for 16,900 with everything but leather. Only had 14,500 miles on it.

I mean...seriously, the new SI's are ****in straight overpriced. Honestly, what I'm seeing from this is that your mother will be getting a lump sum from the govt due to your dad passing (which I'm very sorry about)

Why would you even bother financing a car again, if you can work something out with your mother for payments? Having 300k sitting in a bank gives you other options, and financing is for people who don't have gross lump sums of money sitting around.

If I were you, I'd work payments out with my mother, and buy the car with cash. You'll save about 2000 dollars if you walk into the dealership with 20,000 dollars ready to spend. Not to mention, you'd probably save atleast 8-9 thousand dollars in interest which a 4 yr 400 dollar a month payment will equal out to.
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
^^ True, but as much as I think he was dumb for suggesting a new car and the whole situation, taking out the loan would build his credit, which is very important to do even if you do have cash laying around
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
Go easy on him....now everyone is adult...
Old 02-14-2006
Registered!!

Stayinstock is an unknown quantity at this point
Yah, I agree, but even still. Atleast put *something* down, (10k is considered major credit) so maybe drop 10 on it, and then pay the other 10 off.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I'll always own atleast 1 Honda of some sort. My girlfriend is already looking at an Accord or the new little Element suv thingie.

HOWEVER,

Assuming at this very moment, I have my 03, and I had the ability to buy another car, I'd definately look at something with a bit more juice. The legacy, wrx, eclipse, Evo, etc.

Lets face it. Honda just doesn't have any budget level performance vehicles. I consider a 263 horsepower eclipses thats a couple thousand more than a 124hp Civic a HUGE step up in economic performance. (although I pretty much hate mitsubishi.

I mean ****, with 20k, why not an RSX ??
Old 02-17-2006
Registered!!

dont get an sti or evo, overpriced and waste of money. eclipse is going to die in the aftermarket. the best bet is a new rsx those things are wicked cool and its honda so you know parts will fill the internet and stores instantly.
Old 02-18-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

Dam!! He decided to keep his civic!!! Do we still need to go on about this???

Quick Reply: Maybe a new car?