Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Maybe a new car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Your digging a grave is all i'm saying, i will believe it when i see the SI.
Old 02-07-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
1st off I am sorry about your father. Thats a shame and it has to be very tough on you.
But...
2nd-ly I feel that with $800 a month you can have alot of fun; you are 17 so I am sure that you like going out and having fun with friends. All of us "young adults" do. Do that alot. Get out and enjoy your life. Working hard isnt fun.
Sure, You gotta work hard in life. And yeah you have to play hard to enjoy life. But buying a new car will not be worth the effort for you right now.

Originally Posted by drew22mader
Your digging a grave is all i'm saying, i will believe it when i see the SI.
dude, terrible wording with respect to his father's circumstance.
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
good luck. ive been making 10.65 since i was 17 and now im 18 but the money is basically play money if you really think about it. unless you plan on having your mother pay for your food, insurance, clothes, going out money, money to spend on your girl(or guy, whichever way you roll) then dont do it.
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

juanotejano is an unknown quantity at this point
seriously dude your 17... save up for the day your mom wont be paying for your rent... then worry about buying a new si.
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

GACivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by fiatdale
Dude, are you listening to anything we are saying?
You just keep saying what if it gets repoed and ruins my credit? I'm not going to NOT pay payments on it. If I get fired or whatever my mom can pay them until I get another job then I'll pay her back.

There is a 0% chance it will hurt my credit. Or that they won't give my 40 year old mom with 150,000 in the bank a loan. (Got money for my dad's death and govt is supposed to be giving us another $250,000 because of it).
Old 02-07-2006

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
^ Exactly, 1000 a month is very nice, take that money and invest it in your car you have now, you will have alot more fun with it and have better results. Ok get it repoed and have your mom worry about her credit and ****, your just sticking your mom with everything.
Old 02-07-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
save that money and get drunk every weekend instead of making a car and insurence payment that will smash your *****
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Curiouz_G
good luck. ive been making 10.65 since i was 17 and now im 18 but the money is basically play money if you really think about it. unless you plan on having your mother pay for your food, insurance, clothes, going out money, money to spend on your girl(or guy, whichever way you roll) then dont do it.
I worked at sonic making around $80 every 2 months + tips.. Wasn't too bad but I had plenty of spending money all the time. I am going to be making way more than that now. ANd I live at home, mom will be paying for my food/insurance and SOME clothes, but I'll buy most of that.

I don't go to college for atleast another 6 months. I plan on working at Budweiser on weekends while I'm in college (dad was #1 in seniority there). And you make around $25 an hour as a weekender.

I know to you guys this all sounds immature/stupid. But in reality I have a good plan for the rest of my life. I talk to people all the time about it because of the psychological stuff I have becuase of his death (cancer for 18 months)
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by drew22mader
^ Exactly, 1000 a month is very nice, take that money and invest it in your car you have now, you will have alot more fun with it and have better results. Ok get it repoed and have your mom worry about her credit and ****, your just sticking your mom with everything.
No I'm not sticking her with everything. Her credit won't be hurt if you read my last post. She has plenty in the bank. Payed $43,000 cash for her car. I'm just saying if things DO get bad, she is there to help me. I don't plan on having her pay for anything.
Old 02-07-2006

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
yah man you say you are gonna be making more money now, but that doesnt mean that you have to spend more money. although it always happens
Old 02-07-2006
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
I might trade in my 03 for an 06 si. Since I work at the dealership, I can get it for $100 over cost.
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
Trust me, things dont always go to plan. You may have everything set in your mind but that **** will change. Its NOT A SMART IDEA. K, I think Im done with this post now. Go ahead, spend your moms money, make her insurance go sky high by putting your car on it. Have fun.
Old 02-07-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
The 7th gen is really starting to develop too, turbo wise. So you can consider that. Make a fun daily driver.
Honestly the improvements made from the 7th to 8th gens are not worth taking a $20,000 loan that you think you can pay but have no idea about since you are 17 and have never really been in a situation where money is too tight to get by.
I have a very well off family, but I pay for everything except car and home. Clothing, food, etc I pay. And with a decent job, and moderate spending habits, money gets tight. I could have asked my parents for money a few times, but I would rather learn what its like to have a negative balance in the bank and barely make ends meet. Its a terrible feeling and a stupid car isn't worth it. I don't ever want to feel like that again, and thats why I work so hard at college. Cause when I get out a $20k car will be nothing to me.

Please think about the long term effects of the descision.

One last thing I gotta emphasize to you: You have a great plan for your job for later on, but plans like that never work. Life always finds a way to screw you. What if you don't get the job on the weekends? What if you have to study alot on the weekends? Is a car more important than college to you? you gotta really think about it. Until you are in college you cannot comprehend the work some majors require you to do!

Last edited by diskreet; 02-07-2006 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-07-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
i make almost 30k a year, im payin off my 02 and insurance, and the rest of my bills i still dont have money for anything else, you already have more done to your car than i can even think of. all my mods cost me about 25 bucks lol. yeah. dont do it.
Old 02-07-2006

D17 is getting up there, just check what Dezod is doing for us, Pretty soon the D17 will be something worthy.
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

I don't have any other payments. I will have the $400 payment (depending on downpayment) then I will sell my car for around 7-10k and pay that towards the car. I'll have an extra 500 or so dollars a month.

I don't understand why you think this is such a bad idea. The only thing I could see is.. If I get fired from the job.
Old 02-07-2006

its just not worth it. to get an extra what 80 horse power for 10k+
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

you forgetting about insurance?
Old 02-07-2006

Man just do w/e you want, But when you fvck things up and can't make it and have to sell it, thats if you even get it.

Oh yea 2000 posts!
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

Another thing is this. I have a decently nice lookin car. People ALWAYS ask me. How much did YOU pay for it, and if I'm paying payments. And all I can say is mom wrote a check for it. I feel bad for that. So I will probably end up selling the car. That $ will be given to my mom. I will pay the payments on the car.

If my mom thought I wouldn't come through and pay the payments or whatever, she wouldn't do it.
Old 02-07-2006

congrats1!
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by fiatdale
you forgetting about insurance?
Mom will pay for insurance, like she does for my 02. Nothing is changing there.
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

You guys aren't very optimistic
Old 02-07-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
insurance is gunna be like 30% higher for the Si, just so you know.
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CenZ
insurance is gunna be like 30% higher for the Si, just so you know.
Mine is like $400 every 6 months for full coverage.
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

youre young and immature.
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

Actually I'm mature. Young.. Yes but I'm mature for my age.
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

schematicsskate will become famous soon enoughschematicsskate will become famous soon enough
Im 17 as well, many times I have tought of buying a little Hatch or taking over the payments of my parents car, but it just doesnt add up. 10.50 an hour is hella bank, but think about the payments; gas, insurance, repairs, mods. Plus college next year (maybe) your not going to be able to pay off 20,000 dollars over the summer working that job and being a full time student might colide with the payment.
I won't do it, but i know how you feel.
-joe
Old 02-07-2006
PWIT

Originally Posted by GACivic
You guys aren't very optimistic
we are tryin to help you out. look im 3 years older than you, making ~13-14 buck an hour, i got my car payment, 306.00 a month, + insurance, 169 a month, + gas + maintence + rent + food + credit cards + cell phone. i know you said you dont have any of this, but you know what, either did i when i got my car, i was thinking the same way as you. then i had to move out on my own, and everything went on to me. it sucks, i eat 1-2 meals a day, do jack to my car cause i cant afford to do so, then when i finally save some cash for some parts i have to sell them so i can pay a different bill. you know how much it sucks to sit in every day cause i cant afford to go out. my and my gf just sit in and watch tv. thats it. my life sucks. and its all cause life might seem great at one point then all of a sudden it can change.

we are just lookin out for your well being.
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

I realise what you're saying, but I don't think I'm telling you the situation well enough.

Around $1000 a month for NO bills.-$400 a month =$600 a month on whatever I want.
Gas I'll pay for.
Insurance mom will pay for, I'll help.
Mod's, there won't be many if any it's comin with 18s and I'll put my current system in it, and I want to keep the full warranty.
College is basically paid for becuase of the fact that my dad passed away. And even if it isn't I just have to pay for the 1st semester, then get HOPE, if you live in Georgia you know what I'm talkin about.

Quick Reply: Maybe a new car?