Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Alarm add on

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough
Alarm add on

So i just got home from checkin out some alarm systems from Ultimate Electronics....I think I wanna get this one

CLICK HERE

Newayz, this alarm has everything from remote start, dual shock sensor, code protection.....however, the reason im buying this is because ill be getting some 16" Rota GT3s soon so i want to be extra safe....

The guy was showing me this thing he has on his car cuz he has custom rims too. Its an add on for $50 that provides like a foot or so of protection around the perimeter of the car....basically if you get too close to the car, the alarm with chirp to warn you that you're too close and if you roll down the windows and someone sticks their hand in it, the alarm will go off...its not new technology or anything but my question is this....

Does anyone have experience with this particular alarm or with the perimeter add-on thing i was talkin bout??...if so, how does the perimeter add-on thing workin for you??....and if you have the alarm, how well does the shock sensor work for you??....and comments or suggestions is greatly appreciated...
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
The last thing you want your alarm to do is go off all the time. You will stop checking on it. I have never gone outside when my alarm went off to find no one around. Theres always kids throwing a football who instantly say "sorry." However if it was going off because kids were riding by on bikes I would give up. Just get another shock sensor and put it in the trunk also get the glass break sensor. As far as the perimiter add on goes tint will reduce its effectiveness and if you turn it up to high rain will set it off.
Old 02-03-2006
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by nick95673
The last thing you want your alarm to do is go off all the time. You will stop checking on it. I have never gone outside when my alarm went off to find no one around. Theres always kids throwing a football who instantly say "sorry." However if it was going off because kids were riding by on bikes I would give up. Just get another shock sensor and put it in the trunk also get the glass break sensor. As far as the perimiter add on goes tint will reduce its effectiveness and if you turn it up to high rain will set it off.
very informative...thanks....yea, i was askin the guy the same thing....like i didnt want it going off every so many times like, for example, in a parking lot where it would go off when people walk or park next to my car....and he was like "nah, dude, its great, you can adjust the range of your perimeter from like a few inches away to a few feet away from your car"....but yea, i guess i should stick with my first instinct and just get that added shock sensor....

i dont have a full system, however, i do have an aftermarket headunit cd player, and all the speakers have been replaced with aftermarket ones too...so i dont have to worry bout anything in the trunk....someone told me to put a shock sensor on my strut if I can but i dunno if i can do that or how well it works...