Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

does your car suck? mine does

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by gearbox
well hey its only fair..
J/K Great to joke around
Old 02-01-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well ya i know you are already i meant the other posters. yea sinaloa, my moms 92 accord feels so fast when i get to go home and drive it, haha even tho the perents never do anything except yearly oil changes. lol
Old 02-01-2006
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
well ya i know you are already i meant the other posters. yea sinaloa, my moms 92 accord feels so fast when i get to go home and drive it, haha even tho the perents never do anything except yearly oil changes. lol
seriously i used to think i got a shyt load of power from IHE....but this site has tought me so much.....and has ultimately tought me that the 7thgen civic might look ok.....but it wont go whatsoever......i want a DC5!!! lol, but hey!! somethings better than nothing, at least im not on foot
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
35+ mpg owns all righy now!
Old 02-01-2006

Originally Posted by pon55
35+ mpg owns all righy now!
20 in the city at the most...and i dont floor it a lot...new plugs....87 octane i mean shyt WTF
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SinaloaCivic
20 in the city at the most...and i dont floor it a lot...new plugs....87 octane i mean shyt WTF
Vacation to CapeCod last year w/lip kit and `17s at like 80 on I95, 36 mpg
Old 02-01-2006
2001 Rallye Red EX

digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
I don't care if the civic is an econobox and not fast and that i/h/e does nothing. I like modding the car, I like the way the car looks, I like that it will last and that if things go wrong it's easy to work on, I like the gas mileage. I don't race on the street or track and don't plan to. I need my car in one piece so I can get to work. Also I can't afford the car I would want and the lifestyle I would need to be able to race.

I don't sweat it when people tell me my civic sucks and that my mods are a waste of time. It's all I got and as long as it's all I got it's going to look good.

edit: 32mpg (actually 31.5mpg after SRI)
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
hey thanks for the comments everyone. you what what, next time any of you post in the vehicle problems forum I'm gonna say its your own damn fault for causing it.

yeah don't take it so serious. We're all grateful to contributions you made to the site. If all the motor troubles you've been having maybe you should save for k20a3 swap. I've been seeing them go as cheap as $900-1100.

If not maybe a 04-05 tranny swap. There been numerous threads about how much better the 04-05 trannies are compared to the 01-03. I remember someone posted they got there 04-05 tranny for like $200 or something like that.
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by digitaldemigod
I don't care if the civic is an econobox and not fast and that i/h/e does nothing. I like modding the car, I like the way the car looks, I like that it will last and that if things go wrong it's easy to work on, I like the gas mileage. I don't race on the street or track and don't plan to. I need my car in one piece so I can get to work. Also I can't afford the car I would want and the lifestyle I would need to be able to race.

I don't sweat it when people tell me my civic sucks and that my mods are a waste of time. It's all I got and as long as it's all I got it's going to look good.

edit: 32mpg (actually 31.5mpg after SRI)
well put
Old 02-01-2006

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
yeah don't take it so serious. We're all grateful to contributions you made to the site. If all the motor troubles you've been having maybe you should save for k20a3 swap. I've been seeing them go as cheap as $900-1100.

If not maybe a 04-05 tranny swap. There been numerous threads about how much better the 04-05 trannies are compared to the 01-03. I remember someone posted they got there 04-05 tranny for like $200 or something like that.
well if the '04 trannies are better then i think ill be ok
Old 02-01-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
^^^^^
hell yeah, the 04-05 were the best yrs out of the 7th gen...haha.
Old 02-01-2006

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
^^^^^
hell yeah, the 04-05 were the best yrs out of the 7th gen...haha.
f*ck yea man....but then...my sister has an '01 LX and shes never had a problem with hers..
Old 02-01-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
it will happen. some just break sooner, others can go as far as 100k miles. can someone confirm whether the 04+ tranny is different?
Old 02-01-2006

it will happen. some just break sooner, others can go as far as 100k miles. can someone confirm whether the 04+ tranny is different?
yea id like a confirmation on that....lol
Old 02-01-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
my friend gearbox,

i love all the info you have taught me on 7thgens. i didn't even know you got into an accident. please take no offense to what i had posted before. but it is the truth. i hope you can accept the fact that meddling with a car will shorten its lifespan, and that hondas don't suck. anyway, i am sorry you are fed up with the results of modding your car, but in reality, you knew the risks every single time you changed something. just be happy for the things that work. like the headlights, and brakes.

your buddy, Majin
P.S. if you can get the rust off that exhuast, sell it to me. hahaha
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

Hybrid Bob is an unknown quantity at this point
The sad thing about modding is that its expensive and addicting!

My grand prix I modded out was a ****ing blast, running 18 psi on an intercooled Novi 2k. Blew the **** out of the transmission, a second time, err damn.

Just bit the bullet and now I refuel for 1/3 the cost ($20 for 400 miles vs $66)
Lovin' the hybrid so far and can't mod it =)
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

fieryhill is an unknown quantity at this point
I miss the Hybrid sometimes. It always felt like it was faster than my 05 ex auto lol. Mom drives it now. It's a M/T, even with my aftermarket wheels i still got 36-43 mpg consistantly, I only drive my car now, she just drive the car to work and back thats it.
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

Hybrid Bob is an unknown quantity at this point
Holy **** get that thing back! First tank I got 46.5 mpg average, thats with like only 10% highway and a few redline runs to see what the little boger had in it. (nothing apparently)

But less money in the hands of the damn camel jockeys.
Old 02-02-2006
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
man i guess i'm lucky cause i haven't had any major problems, i ripped a cv boot thats it
Old 02-02-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
new car time dude.. dont waste any money on this if you arent going to be happy with it.. save up and get something you will enjoy modding or just driving.
Old 02-02-2006

Originally Posted by ***** Fn FBM 85
new car time dude.. dont waste any money on this if you arent going to be happy with it.. save up and get something you will enjoy modding or just driving.
yea..like a DC5!!
Old 02-02-2006
Registered!!

Dark_Pyro7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, I never saw this coming from Gearbox, I have been on the boards for a couple years now and he has always been doing some sort of mod to his car, never imagined you would end up hating your civic. But I know what you mean, I am starting to get worried about mine. Everything thing is starting to go wrong, or so it seems. It all started happening after someone smashed my driver side window and stole my system. Then the new window that was installed makes some sounds when you roll it up and down. Put a new sub in the car, insurance would only pay for best buy to install it. They ****ed up my car. They broke the piece around the trunk release lever, and the rear panel too! They tried to hide it, and didnt say anything. Also the dash lights behind the AC and air recycle button went out. They pinched a wire somehow i think, but they insist the bulbs are just burnt out. BS! I highly doubt 2 bulbs would burn out in the couple hour time they had my car. Maybe if it was just one i would understand. I notice and take it back. They order new panels which took about 3 weeks for them to get, then they only installed the back panel, not the one that looks really bad around lever. With the new sub my lights dim with the bass, even though i have my cap. Never had a problem before. It think it stopped about 20 mins driving, so think it might be the altenator going. My struts took a major turn for the worse. Went in to a local shop which does nice work here, and they can get me konis for 450, and would do install for good price, so they ordered them about a month ago now, and they just now told me they couldnt get the 2nd rear strut from koni, but they are shipped now, install should be tomorrow if they come in. Last night I curb rashed my rigt rear rim, they were in perfect condition, I cant believe i did that, was a blind curb in a parking lot. After I get back from that I find out my cat i've had for 13 years was put to sleep. Not car related, but still gay. Windshield wipers started skipping really bad the other day, seemed like it was something with motor rather than the blade, blade is pretty new doesnt streek at all yet.

Just feels like everything is starting to go bad, none of the problems are that bad, and most are from poor installation. Or my fault(rim). But it just reminds me that my car isnt new anymore, and can expect more to go wrong over time. I have beeen happy with my car, but just feel like my luck is taking major turn for the worse, and cant wait till I can afford to sell my civic. Get something that has some decent power without doing performaance mods. Starting to feel old, like my dad, who thinks any mods to the car as ruining it. I am kinda starting to think the same thing.
Old 02-02-2006
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
hey thanks for the comments everyone. you what what, next time any of you post in the vehicle problems forum I'm gonna say its your own damn fault for causing it.
Old 02-07-2006
Registered!!

tarheel365 is an unknown quantity at this point
when was the tsb out for the tranny?
they prob fixed it after the tsb came out.

i saw on the news something about the Odyssey having tranny probs too....likeit would downshift at random. the lady tried to get honda to fix it but they refused cuz of a loophole in the warranty contract. the car was from Canada but was bought used from a local dealer. they were sayin that b'c it was from canada it doesn't fall under Honda of america warranty agreements.
Old 02-07-2006
Premium Member

there was never a tsb for the tranny. honda dealers do not rebuild transmissions and therefore cannot replace the defective clutch pack. it is a coverup so you have to call corporate and make them pay part of the repair (which unfortunately will involve swapping in a different tranny with the same problem).

mine is becoming alot more noticable. when you expect it to shift at 2500rpms, it suddenly revs to 3000rpms even tho the car doesn't move any faster just revs up in neutral. but once the trans warms up to temp, it stops? maybe it will get worse hopefully cause i still have extended warranty. but i have the same problem because in this dumb town there is nobody that knows how to rebuild tranny.
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
why dont you get rid of the car! im going friday to check out rsx-s's...i messed my car up trying to turbo kit...the car does some funny things sometimes...
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

grncivic2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
i saw couple rsx-s on the road yesterday... omfg b e a utiful i want one too but i got a civic damn
Old 02-08-2006
Premium Member

ya i wish i could. but i doubt anyone would want mine with tons of accident damage and odometer rollback and engine repair. im sure everyone looks at carfax these days.
Old 02-08-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
ya i wish i could. but i doubt anyone would want mine with tons of accident damage and odometer rollback and engine repair. im sure everyone looks at carfax these days.
wow...since you said all that i would just b.c...that sounds like a bigger headche then it should be...got o stock and go to the dealer and just take what they give you...its not worth the money to keep repairing ****...IMO

ive personaly had enough of the crap with it not starting and ****...
Old 02-08-2006
Premium Member

yea i know did i mention slipping auto trans lol?

Quick Reply: does your car suck? mine does